I think I know what QB Shanny is after.

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

Postby Hooligan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:14 pm

Red_One43 wrote:Are you comparing the risk of signing Larry Johnson with a vet minimum contract to the risks of drafting and signing a #10 pick?

As far as bringing in players with off-the-field issues, yes. Bring in LJ with major issues and little upside, then scoff at a potential franchise QB because of a misdemeanor charge?
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:28 pm

Hooligan wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:Are you comparing the risk of signing Larry Johnson with a vet minimum contract to the risks of drafting and signing a #10 pick?

As far as bringing in players with off-the-field issues, yes. Bring in LJ with major issues and little upside, then scoff at a potential franchise QB because of a misdemeanor charge?

One thing your comparison does show is, if Shanahan thinks that Mallett is HIS QB, then the media reports with no serious incidents reported, will not scare Shanahan away.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Citing a source “extremely close to the Washington Redskins,” NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi reported on Path to the Draft Monday evening that Mike Shanahan’s club has legitimate first-round interest in Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... 0-overall/

I wonder if ChiefHog was that source. He knew this way back in January. :)

Evan Silva from PFT says:
but in our opinion, he’s not going to be a Redskin. Shanahan might be intrigued by Mallett’s big arm, but he wouldn’t fit the head coach’s decades-long track record with athletic passers

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:01 pm

Red_One43 wrote:Citing a source “extremely close to the Washington Redskins,” NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi reported on Path to the Draft Monday evening that Mike Shanahan’s club has legitimate first-round interest in Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett.

but in our opinion, he’s not going to be a Redskin. Shanahan might be intrigued by Mallett’s big arm, but he wouldn’t fit the head coach’s decades-long track record with athletic passers

I'm friends with Kyle...makes you wonder huh
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:39 am

chiefhog44 wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:Citing a source “extremely close to the Washington Redskins,” NFL Network’s Michael Lombardi reported on Path to the Draft Monday evening that Mike Shanahan’s club has legitimate first-round interest in Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett.

I certainly wouldn't be bragging about that...
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:21 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:

Would you prefer he brag about his weekly lunch with Cerrato? :twisted:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:03 am

Countertrey wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:

Would you prefer he brag about his weekly lunch with Cerrato? :twisted:

6 in one hand, 1/2 dozen in the other?
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:54 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:

No braggin, them's just jokes.

Actually my best bud is his agent and says he's a very good guy. anyway I'm off topic
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:33 am

I would not be bothered in the least by having Mallett on the roster.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:41 am

Countertrey wrote:I would not be bothered in the least by having Mallett on the roster.

Bonehead move

Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett did not show up for a meeting with the Carolina Panthers earlier this month during an official pre-draft visit to Charlotte, N.C.

Mallett met team officials for dinner April 8, the day he arrived in town, but meetings the next day at Bank of America Stadium were cancelled after Mallett called and said he was sick, multiple sources told the National Football Post.

Complicating the matter is the fact sources said Mallett was seen out on the town late following the dinner. Off-field questions have followed Mallett every step of the process since he announced he was leaving school in January with eligibility remaining.

link
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:03 pm

Two sides to every story...

Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett did not keep his appointment for a meeting with the Carolina Panthers earlier this month during an official pre-draft visit in Charlotte, according to NationalFootballPost.com, which cited unnamed sources.

Mallett and Panthers officials met for dinner on April 8. Mallet was supposed to meet with the team the following day, but reportedly called and said he was sick. What makes the matter murky is that sources said Mallett was seen out on the town after having dinner with the team

A source with the Panthers would not confirm or deny the story to the Sporting News.

J.R. Carroll, an agent representing Mallett, told ESPN that "Ryan was in his hotel room by about 10 o'clock.”

Mallett did meet with Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski the next morning, Carroll told ESPN, but that his client was genuinely ill and missed a meeting planned for later in the day.

“I'm pretty sure Ryan was really, really sick,” Carroll was quoted as saying. “He told me he was sick the night before. And I know Ryan wasn't out late night. I know that for sure. He's not an idiot."

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-04-20/conflicting-reports-over-ryan-malletts-meeting-with-panthers-latest-twist-in-qbs
Suck and Luck

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010