Redskins Rumored To Be Interested In Trading Up For Gabbert

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:15 am

fleetus wrote:There is not one player in the 1st round worth trading UP for.

Strongly disagree. I would trade up for Marcel Dareus in a heartbeat.
Suck and Luck

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:16 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:

I would jump all over that
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby fleetus » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:20 am

1niksder wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

Well then, you guys should apply for a job a Redskins Park, because Snyder likes guys like you. Go into the draft short on draft picks and gamble the few you have left on the next "can't miss" star player. :roll:
Build through the draft!

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:59 am

fleetus wrote:Well then, you guys should apply for a job a Redskins Park, because Snyder likes guys like you. Go into the draft short on draft picks and gamble the few you have left on the next "can't miss" star player. :roll:

Better to take a crack at getting one STAR than to get four or five guys who don't have the talent to be STARS in the league.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the draft as a way to build the team anyway, so anything that reduces the number of chances we have to shoot ourselves in the head by making bad picks the better. Especially any picks past the first round.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:03 am

fleetus wrote:
1niksder wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

Well then, you guys should apply for a job a Redskins Park, because Snyder likes guys like you. Go into the draft short on draft picks and gamble the few you have left on the next "can't miss" star player. :roll:

Wow, rather then address individual players you just go with to think differently then you is to think like Snyder. Powerful argument, not.

As for me, I don't use Snyder as my gauge for anything. I neither desire to be the same or different then him. Until I respect his management style, which I don't, I will make my own decision. I'm not clear how just contradicting him is a more powerful system in any way then being like him. It actually implies he knows the right thing to do and doesn't do it. I actually just don't think he knows the right thing to do and his opinion should be ignored.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby fleetus » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:14 am

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
fleetus wrote:Well then, you guys should apply for a job a Redskins Park, because Snyder likes guys like you. Go into the draft short on draft picks and gamble the few you have left on the next "can't miss" star player. :roll:

Better to take a crack at getting one STAR than to get four or five guys who don't have the talent to be STARS in the league.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the draft as a way to build the team anyway, so anything that reduces the number of chances we have to shoot ourselves in the head by making bad picks the better. Especially any picks past the first round.

Yeah, sure. Building through the draft has really sucked for the Green Bay Packers and New England Patriots. -drinking
Build through the draft!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:20 am

fleetus wrote:
1niksder wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

Some players you just don't pass on, other than Dareus there isn't anyone else coming out this year. Should they be looking to trade UP this year is another question.

Would we be applying for the same job or do they have multiple openings?
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby fleetus » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:44 am

1niksder wrote:
fleetus wrote:
1niksder wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

Some players you just don't pass on, other than Dareus there isn't anyone else coming out this year. Should they be looking to trade UP this year is another question.

Would we be applying for the same job or do they have multiple openings?

Okay, so let's move this ridiculous "Trade Up" to get Dareus talk to reality. You would have to give up:

Redskins 2011 1st round pick #10
+
Redskins 2012 1st round Pick
+
Redskins 2012 2nd Round Pick

You would give all that up so you could move up to about #2 in this years draft for Dareus?

Really?

We already have no 3rd or 4th rd pick this year. If we tried to offer this years #10 + #42 (2nd round) + next years 2nd, 3rd and 4th round picks, we would come up short in value to get the #2 pick this year. So we have to offer this years #10 + next years 1st rounder + a 2nd rounder to get there. That is crazy talk.

Like Donald Trump would say: "You're fired" :lol:
Build through the draft!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:26 am

fleetus wrote:You would have to give up:

+
+

You would give all that up so you could move up to about #2 in this years draft for Dareus?

Really?

I'm not seeing Nik's post where he said that. Can you show us that one?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby fleetus » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:31 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

+
+

Really?

Sorry, maybe you got lost in the shuffle.

1niksder wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

No point in talking about how great it would be to move up and get Dareus without discussing specifically what you would give up in the trade. Is there? We'd all love to draft the best player in the draft. But if you have to mortgage the future (again) to gamble that this one player is worth it all, then you better fully understand what you have to give up to do it.

'nuf said.
Build through the draft!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:35 am

fleetus wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

+
+

Really?

1niksder wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

No point in talking about how great it would be to move up and get Dareus without discussing specifically what you would give up in the trade. Is there? We'd all love to draft the best player in the draft. But if you have to mortgage the future (again) to gamble that this one player is worth it all, then you better fully understand what you have to give up to do it.

'nuf said.

Sorry, I still don't see in where Nik said he'd give up two #1s and a #2, I still only see that in your post. That's what I'm asking for. Where did Nik say that, not where did you say that.

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:36 am

fleetus wrote:[quote="]Yeah, sure. Building through the draft has really sucked for the Green Bay Packers and New England Patriots. -drinking[/quote]

I can't speak for the Packers since I don't follow non-Redskins football. As for the Pats ( only because I live in NE and can't avoid hearing about them).... They're not the sort of team I would prefer to emulate.

Hog

Postby fleetus » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:52 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
fleetus wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

+
+

Really?

1niksder wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

'nuf said.

Sorry, I still don't see in where Nik said he'd give up two #1s and a #2, I still only see that in your post. That's what I'm asking for. Where did Nik say that, not where did you say that.

Nowhere did I state that "Nik" said anything about the actual COST to move up. The conversation that seems to elude you, is about whether we should trade up for Dareus, or any player. Nik and Canes both agree trading up for Darues would be something they would "jump on". I disagree that trading up for Dareus, or any player in this years draft is worth the cost. Then I point out the very obvious and necessary fact that the cost to move up is ENORMOUS. If you still don't follow the conversation at this point, I can't spell it out any further. Good Luck to you.
Build through the draft!

Postby yupchagee » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:18 pm

[quote="HEROHAMO"]I havent checked Gabbert out that much. However to me I have to think what did he do in College? That is where I start. Then take a look at his film and the talent he had around him.

From what I seen I was not that impressed. I mean there wasnt anything that jumped out about Gabbert that really made me want him on the Redskins. On that note the few QBs in College that have stood out to me last year Andrew Luck, Cam Newton and Jake Locker. Obviously Luck is staying for his senior year. Cam Newton has some work to do as far as polishing up on his skills but he has all the physical tools and has that ability to lead a team to wins. Jake Locker also is a great althlete but has a long way to go skill wise.

Trade up for Gabbert? I rather not. Take him at ten? Maybe. Cant say I would be excited nor dissapointed if we took him at ten. Trading up for him would be a mistake.[/quote]

Leave out "for him" & you're still right.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:44 pm

fleetus wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
fleetus wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

+
+

Really?

1niksder wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

'nuf said.

Nowhere did I state that "Nik" said anything about the actual COST to move up. The conversation that seems to elude you, is about whether we should trade up for Dareus, or any player. Nik and Canes both agree trading up for Darues would be something they would "jump on". I disagree that trading up for Dareus, or any player in this years draft is worth the cost. Then I point out the very obvious and necessary fact that the cost to move up is ENORMOUS. If you still don't follow the conversation at this point, I can't spell it out any further. Good Luck to you.

I not only follow the conversation I follow your spin. You're just irked I'm not buying your spin. But I accept that since you're spinning you realize you can't back up the words you put in his mouth, so the point is made.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010