Emmitt Smith

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Site Admin

Emmitt Smith

Postby BossHog » Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:21 pm

You know... even when he was a Cowboy, he was the only one that I had an ounce of respect... maybe it's a couple of ounces now.

CNN just reported that Emmitt had the following quote:

"Last year was my worst year as a Cowboy. I felt like a diamond surrounded by trash."

Classic.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:43 pm

That quote is a classic. Now he is trying to change it up but I'm holding him to what the above says. And Jerry Jones took it all seriously on Sportscenter last night being real careful with his words. I hate the cowgirls but emmitt was more important to the teams success than jones...he can say what he wants. jones is no Jack Kent Cooke and never will be.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:24 am

Yeah I saw him trying to cover his butt, but there's no hiding the true emotion in his original comment.

Man that has to sting the Cowboys fans... and that's the only reason that he's trying so hard to reneg on his comment.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Postby HI73Ogre » Mon Aug 04, 2003 3:49 pm

Emmitt Smith's comment illustrates the "classic" difference in the "great" Redskin vs Cowboy players, no matter how negative the situation, without exception through the years former and still great players for the Redskins have retired, been traded under dubious circumstances, yet they remained "Class" individuals and did not embarass themselves, the Redskins or the fans with "bitter" comments that reflect a level of selfishness that has always been present on "America's Team". The only person that can tarnish the image of a great player is himself, Redskin greats acknowledge this, Cow "boys" will be "boys", the "Great Ones" have great character which sustains them through the good and bad times.

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:01 pm

good post, that is a good point. I always believed Monk had a right to take an about face and turn his back on us. I was so happy to see him back in town. Class Act for the ages right there.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Aug 05, 2003 6:25 pm

:?:

Emmitt's a punk! How come everyone wants to give him this "he's a great person" status?

He's nothing but a ham! How many people have forgotten that the "keeping your helmet on after scoring" rule was because everytime Kermit scored a 1 year td over his superior o-line, he'd rip off his lid to show the world his ugly mug?!?

Damn shame he now holds a record that many much better backs should hold! Hope someone breaks that record soon, and I never hear another dumbass say that Kermit's the best back in the history of the league.

He sure made the Skins d look comical at times and always seemed to have a big game against the Skins, but I still think he sucks...and that our d sucked when they couldn't stop him.

Man I'm still upset about that! :cry:
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Return to Around the League