My team's new stadium

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:23 pm

Thanks LPJ. The blue and white flags were given to fans by the club, for free. I wish I COULD say that we all coordinated ourselves, but the fact is that the club placed the appropriate coloured flags on the seats, all ready for us to wave. We just had to wave them and have a good time.

Normally, I would say that this kind of flag waving at our football matches is quite artificial, but to celebrate the opening of the new stadium, it was just right.

Next home game is this Saturday, against Blackpool - can't wait. On Saturday, Brighton earned a 1-0 victory on the road against our great local rivals from Portsmouth - lovely :-) After two games, we are 4th in the Championship table, but our next two games are against the teams in 1st and 3rd.

And as for riots, well - that's a whole different story!
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:28 pm

Well I wish your team the best my friend!

.. and if you lose, at least you'll be used to it. (insert Redskins joke here)
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Lol ;-)

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:18 am

4 hours and 42 minutes until kick off today. We play host to Peterborough United, who won 7-1 last week. Taking one of my best friends along to the game, and can't wait to show off our fabulous new stadium, and mighty fine team.

Come on The Albion!!!

Aussie Hog

Postby Amberion » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:08 am

Good Luck UK - may your wins be plentiful except when playing my team - Leeds United

Having played in a team that had to play away from our home ground just for one year I can only imagine how good you are feeling.
I am Grey: I stand between the candle and the star.
We are Grey: We stand between the darkness and the light

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:40 pm

Amberion: an honourable 3-3 draw between our two teams last Friday at The Amex. A great game of football played in a wonderful atmosphere.

In the early hours of tomorrow morning (UK time), the Redskins will play the Cowboys - a rivalry like no other in the NFL. And then, tomorrow evening, my Brighton & Hove Albion will do battle against our hated rivals - Crystal Palace.

A remarkable coincidence that my two favourite teams should both be playing their bitterest rivals on the same day.

Hail to the Redskins, and Come On Brighton!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:59 pm

Just because so many of you have asked for an update (well, actually, none of you, but I don't care), here is the league table for English football's second division, as it stands this evening:

http://www.skysports.com/football/leagu ... 87,00.html

That's my team, in 4th place and right in the mix for the race to the Premiership (top division). This Saturday, we play Middlesborough in a vital match at home. The stadium will be rocking :-)

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:18 pm

COME ON BORO!

Only kidding, hope you stuff 'em!

One of the first games I remember watching as a kid was the Brighton v Man United FA Cup Final in '84 I think it was. 'And Smith must score!' - such a shame.

Hope you get up to the Prem, beat West Ham to it and keep them down! It'd be nice to check out your new stadium, I hear they change the away end for the visiting fans each time, quality!

SEAGULLS!!!!!
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:59 am

Our cup final appearance was 1983, but you were pretty close my friend ;-) Nearly won it, but great memories. I've had a feeling for a while that we'll be playing West Ham in the playoff final - today's game will tell whether that is realistic or just wishful thinking.

The club make great efforts to make visiting supporters feel welcome, it's part of our "ethos", I suppose.

And dare I ask what your team is?

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:29 am

Indeed you may dare...

I'm of Irish descent so my first love is;

But as I was brought up in London, so my English team has always been;

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:09 am

Aha! Sadly, I have always thought that green and white is a colour combination that does not belong on a football shirt, lol. And I am therefore forced to choose Rangers as my Glasgow team. However, I have such a distaste for the whole tribal pantomime that is the Old Firm game that I really don't pay much attention any more.

I was only ever really interested when Rangers were dominated by the English players!

I breathed a sigh of relief that you didn't reveal yourself to be a Millwall supporter - the south London thing, plus a dislike of West Ham and Fat Sam had me worried. The Millwall fans were the only ones to have truly disgraced themselves by their behaviour at The Amex this season, although the Palace fans were of course loathsome too.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:43 pm

I'll forgive your transgressions north of the border and put it down to naivety! :wink:

I was brought up in Deptford which is real Millwall territory but they just didn't do it for me. I fell in love with Chelsea when my uncle took me to see them play Fulham away in 1982 and they won 5-3, a result which helped them stay up in old division two by the skin of their teeth. So unlike all these annoying glory hunters that have latched on to us since we became successful, I've followed Chelsea from the lowest point in their history!

I do have a little soft spot for Millwall and usually pop along once a season to see a few old mates and because it's so much cheaper than Chelsea I can actually afford to take my kids! It's always, how shall I put it?, a little lively there. I can imagine what they were like at the Amex!

I now live near Palace, and sometimes have to work with them, which is a shame because they are the most unorganised shower of muppets I've ever had to work with!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:45 am

You can imagine how "pleased" I was when Palace won 3-1 at The Amex earlier in the season, lol. It was the same day the Redskins lost to the Pukes. Black Tuesday.

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:53 am

What's happening fella???

Have the wheels come off or is Gus gonna turn it around...????

Southampton and Reading to go up I reckon, hopefully you'll put West Ham out of the playoffs!

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:07 am

Wheels haven't come off matey, we're just struggling to convert good general play into goals. We absolutely played Reading off the park on Tuesday, but hit the bar, missed one penalty, had at least three other penalty appeals ignored (two of them looked like good shouts to me), and had another couple of efforts saved brilliantly by Federici, who I reckon is the best keeper in the division. And their goal was a deflected free kick, in the sort of style that you'd expect from a German team!

I think we need to win all four remaining games now to be in with a shout, so not looking likely. But a great season anyway. Don't bet against us beating Fat Sam's hoof-it-and-run merchants on Saturday either ;-)

Southampton and Reading are nailed on, with Birmingham to beat West Ham in the playoff final ;-)

Return to The Lounge