last movie you've seen ??

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:30 am

I've never really been a fan of WF. He's had some memorable moments, but most of the time he leaves me flat. I'll prolly wait for the DVD on that one.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:45 am

I'll see it due to Marky Mark. He's really come a long way in his career. Will Ferrell I hope is not too much of Will Ferrell...
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:53 am

Saw Inglorious Basterds Monday night. It was pretty good, not really in the usual Quentin Tarantino mold, though. I was surprised by his use of "poetic license." I wonder how many kids believe events actually went down that way. :shock:

Hail to the Redskins!

09 Champ

Postby TeeterSalad » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 am

I just watched Edge of Darkness last night. I thought it was pretty good. Mel Gibson was good in it, and I liked the plot...revenge movie. :)
7 out of 10.

Definately worth renting or getting from netflix. I just started using Redbox, and it's awesome. How can you beat $1 a night.
-2009 Hognostications Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl V Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl VI Champion-

RIP ST # 21

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:15 pm

Deadskins wrote:Saw Inglorious Basterds Monday night. It was pretty good, not really in the usual Quentin Tarantino mold, though. I was surprised by his use of "poetic license." I wonder how many kids believe events actually went down that way. :shock:

I thought that was an awesome movie. If that last scene doesn't just tie up the whole thing, I don't know how they could have.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:02 pm

TeeterSalad wrote:I just watched Edge of Darkness last night. I thought it was pretty good. Mel Gibson was good in it, and I liked the plot...revenge movie. :)
7 out of 10.

Definately worth renting or getting from netflix. I just started using Redbox, and it's awesome. How can you beat $1 a night.

i loved it teet.. you weren't kidding about mel's acting, he was on point. apparently its easy for him to act like that since that's how he is in real life.. :lol: loved the revenge stuff, awesome!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:13 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Saw Inglorious Basterds Monday night. It was pretty good, not really in the usual Quentin Tarantino mold, though. I was surprised by his use of "poetic license." I wonder how many kids believe events actually went down that way. :shock:

I thought that was an awesome movie. If that last scene doesn't just tie up the whole thing, I don't know how they could have.

I liked it a bunch too, I just didn't think it was in the same vein as Quentin's other movies. My comment about poetic license was about how WWII ended.

Hail to the Redskins!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:52 pm

"The kids are all right". Well worth seeing, and no exploding heads.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:32 pm

bump

we have an ongoing guys, make sure yall search

Postby redskinz4ever » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:29 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:bump

we have an ongoing guys, make sure yall search
yawn*
too much like work :up:
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:50 am

Croods- You know I like all those animation movies. I can never get tired of the parental & children messages throughout the movies for these kids. This one is really about a daughter and her father.. a topic that's right up my alley. :lol:

Olympus Has Fallen- I'm a sucker for most movies that US gets crapped on and we come back with a vengeance and unity that's incredible. This one was craaaazy.. you know the story of it so not going to give up what happens in the movie but the scenes and action are off the hook. Oh, and the separate story-line for the president was pretty cool too.

OZ Great & Powerful- So, I had no idea what this was about and just took the kid but in line talking to another parent he explained to me this is the prequal to the Wiz of Oz.. basically it's about the wizard himself, why he was important, what it is he really did for the people, and also it gives the history of the witch too. Since my kid never saw the original Wiz of Oz, watching this was perfect because now she can watch the original and just pickup right where she left off.

GI Joe- Dude.. it's hard to really talk about this movie w/out giving away what happens in it so all I will say is HOLY COW!! :lol: Action after action after action.. if you like action, go see this.. basically i'm saying there's plenty of action so if you like that stuff, you should see it because it's full of action. But someone dies in it and if you are a diehard GI Joe fan like me your first reaction is mutha*******, they killed ******. :lol: They break down the roots of the two ninjas too. I know I read them but I can't remember how they did it in the comics but the way they did it here was off the chain. (RIP TO OUR FALLEN SOLDIERS)

Identity Thief- LMAO!!!!! So this Melissa McCarthy person is one funny flippin actress! I saw her in the movie Bridesmaid and she was awesome but in this one because she's a focal character you get to see more of how good she is. She steals Jason Bateman's identity and he goes looking for her. He finds her and that's where the "adventure" begins. If you like real comedy in real life situations, you should see this.

A Good Day To Die Hard- I said to myself, because it's Bruce Willis and the fact that I've liked all of the previous one I was gonna give it a try. I'm glad I did because there's a lot of action in this one and Willis as always banged out his role like a champ. The story-line of the son all grown up being involved in some stuff was like "eh" to me at first but as the movie went on it was actually not bad at all. Lots of action, it goes smoothly in the the collection with the others.

Jack the Giant Slayer- With the original story there was a giant going fe-fi-fo-fum.. in this one, there's a giant trying to crush you and eat you or just crush you or just eat you. :lol: This was a pretty cool twist of the classic with giants actually coming down to earth and trying to take over. Of course you know they didn't succeed but they did leave the door opened a crack for a sequel.. if they did it would be interesting because I don't see the humans stopping the giants again. :lol:

Ok, there's more I saw but I gotta go do some work. :lol:

Return to The Lounge