Some avatar news

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed May 25, 2011 10:28 pm

So, I don't really care if I have a "cool guy" avatar or not (I'm kidding, I really do want one). But, the old avatars for us common folks are awful.

Notables:
Lamar Marshall
Rock Cartwright
Mark Brunell

If there is nothing do-able about it I'm cool with the one I have I'm just apparently pouring salt :D
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:20 am

Just wanted to say thank you to NC43Hog for hooking up my avatar with a tribute to my buddy VetSkinsFan. I really appreciate that man, its so much better than a tag in the signature line. Thanks again my friend!

Hail!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:35 am

I never could think of something to put in my avatar back when I had the opportunity. If it's still an option, I'd be open to suggestions from the board. I've been on here quite a long time, and sometimes even I confuse other generic avatars for my own posts!

And, actually, if it is at all possible, I wouldn't mind changing my user name. I moved out of Charlottesville a couple years after I joined the board and the name has never really fit!

Postby redskinz4ever » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:37 pm

cvillehog wrote:I never could think of something to put in my avatar back when I had the opportunity. If it's still an option, I'd be open to suggestions from the board. I've been on here quite a long time, and sometimes even I confuse other generic avatars for my own posts!

And, actually, if it is at all possible, I wouldn't mind changing my user name. I moved out of Charlottesville a couple years after I joined the board and the name has never really fit!
got a favorite era .... player ..... heck i dont know ....... i LOVE mine but would like a different one monte coleman a favorite of mine maybe. but mine is AWESOME.
i know that certain people are too busy :wink:
TOUCHDOWN .....WASHINGTON REDSKINS !!!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:37 pm

cvillehog wrote:I never could think of something to put in my avatar back when I had the opportunity. If it's still an option, I'd be open to suggestions from the board. I've been on here quite a long time, and sometimes even I confuse other generic avatars for my own posts!

Come on now cville.. I know with as much love that you have for our team and your hatred for certain other teams, it CAN'T be that hard to think of something. Give NC43Hog a nice list and the brutha will take care of you.. he's awesome with that stuff!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

Hog

Postby cvillehog » Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:54 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:

Come on now cville.. I know with as much love that you have for our team and your hatred for certain other teams, it CAN'T be that hard to think of something. Give NC43Hog a nice list and the brutha will take care of you.. he's awesome with that stuff!

Don't get me wrong. NC was super-accommodating, but I got busy with work and wasn't on the board as much and never got around to asking for anything.

I don't go back as far as some of the other fans on here. My heyday was 1991. I remember standing at the bus stop and talking about how awesome the Skins were. Drove my NY-born-and-raised, Giant-fan Dad crazy, as I recall, but I got my (also a NYer) on my side. Hard to believe that was 20 years ago.

I also remember wanting more than anything to be in the Redskins Band, but after graduating from college (music school, even), I've never really lived close enough to make it work. I was working in Annandale for a little while, but 12 hour days didn't leave much time for extra-curricular activities. Then I moved away.

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon