GREAT NEWS (okay, for me at least)

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Pursuer of Justice

GREAT NEWS (okay, for me at least)

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:05 am

On 11/19/96 I joined the "waiting list" to purchase season tickets for the Redskins. Back then, I was #50,166.

On 6/2/01, I called the ticket office and was told that I was then #31,015.

Today I called the ticket office again to check on my status...and I am now at #2,450.

IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME, FOLKS. I'M THINKIN' NEXT YEAR IS MY YEAR!!! WOOO! HOOOO!

Redskins fans out there.....be confident.

The Redskins have WON every game I have attended...and once I become a season-ticket holder, the Super Bowl is just around the corner! :celebrate:
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:41 am

The scary think is how fast that number is dropping. That probably reflects our fan base and how bad Snyder has done at retaining and/or building it.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Nov 06, 2003 10:42 am

Congrats buddy... then you can be our roving reporter... or is that raving?
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby skins75 » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:23 am

Congrats. I remember the days of attending our beloved Skins games week in and week out (my dad being a season ticket holder since the 70's). Now I'm stuck in Florida with the worst fan support in the US. They don't even sellout home playoff games here. Can you believe that?

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:29 am

that may be where the Skins in up if they're not careful
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Hog

Postby redskincity » Thu Nov 06, 2003 4:23 pm

This means Redskin gear may drop in price to bring the bottomline up.
• NFL Championships
1937, 1942, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Conference Championships
1936, 1937, 1940, 1942, 1943, 1945, 1972, 1982, 1983, 1987, 1991
• Division Championships
1972, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1987, 1991, 1999,
• All-Time Record:
515-465-27

Hog

Postby curveball » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:09 am

Is there any truth to the rumors I've seen that the waiting list is being turned over.

I've seen some reports that that they started offering tickets to people willing to pay an additional $40 per seat for a special tailgate. If they declined the tailgate, they went to the back of the waiting list.

Just asking.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Nov 07, 2003 9:24 am

I don't know if that's true curveball, but there's something amiss.

For decades, we Redskin faithful have been of the impression that we would have to wait FOREVER for season tickets to come available. Now suddenly, they're being flogged like last year's inventory.

Something definitely ain't right and there IS truth to the fact that the club is trying to pawn the tailgating kit off on everyone. Whether you go to the 'end-of-the-line' again if you decline... I don't know.

At training camp... there were people everywhere trying to get you to put your name on the season ticket waiting list... if that list was really as endless as we have all been lead to believe... why bother?

Of course, the way we're playing... scalped tickets are a good way to get in!
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby curveball » Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:04 am

Seeing Snyder's past antics, it wouldn't suprise me. Jerry Jones has tried almost every conceivable way to make money from the Cowboys, from exclusive liscensing deals at the stadium to cutting exemptions with the NFL, but he has never gone after the fans.

I realize that Redskin fans are some of the most affluent in the league, but there is a sizable "lunchbucket" contingent that Snyder seems to have targeted.

I've always be curious as to why the animosity from many Redskin fans toward Synder seems to be directed at the "on field performance" and not his attempts to reach into your collective wallets.

I do agree with you that scalping is the way to go short term, but there's nothing like have season tickets and getting to now the people around you.

DM's #1 fan

Postby SkinsChic » Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:11 am

I waited 15 years for my tix at the top of the stadium.....and now...I can't sell them ... I have lower level seats also thru a friend but I keep my upper deck seats so I won't lose them in my name. I have Saints tix available for anyone who wants them. I'm pretty sure that NikiH wants my dallas tix but hasn't responded about meeting me to exchange yet... so they may be available soon too.

I thought you were gonna say "you saved a bunch of money on your car insurance" !!
Hip Hip Hooray!!!
H.T.T.R.

Terri
Joe Gibbs: Terri has a very good eye for talent.

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Fri Nov 07, 2003 2:37 pm

if that list was really as endless as we have all been lead to believe... why bother?

There IS a benefit!

When the Redskins last had a home playoff game (remember that?), tickets first were available for sale to the season ticket holders. Tickets were then offered to those on the wait list. Finally, the remaining tickets were offered to the general public.

Fortunately, as a wait list member, I was able to score two tickets to a playoff game...where we kicked the snot out of the Detroit Lions (w/Gus Frerotte baby at the helm!)
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football