Atheism?

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
ATX
Posts: 3385
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:01 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:What would you like to discuss Kaz? What is your religion? Let's start there


I believe in God because randomness doesn't explain everything I see. I believe God is good. I believe happiness is a choice and only a good God would allow us the power to be happy. I do not believe we are capable of comprehending God other then that in this life other then that so I don't worry about it other then to try to be a decent person and to grow.

I don't believe a kindergartner needs to really understand much about their teacher to know they are good and they are taking care of them. Other then that, I don't worry about it. I certainly don't listen to self deluded morons like evangelical christians or atheists who actually believe they know THE actual answer to the question of God's existance.


Atheists are morons because they do not believe in God? Sounds rather slighted. What if I said Christians are morons because of their faith?

Religion is stupid btw. You also never answered my question. I thought I had made it rather simple. What is your faith?
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:05 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:I have no particular bone to gnaw on here. I have no particular religious belief. I am, at times, offended by the closed minds of certain sects. The Constitution does not protect me from being offended... nor should it. I work against any effort to impose their values on the rest of us. I also work against any effort to impose values on them... Make no mistake... antitheism is as closed minded as any fundamentalist Christian cult.


I am not closed minded at all. For example: I have been a Christian. Now I am an Atheist. If you are religious, have you ever been an Atheist?


Since when you were a Christian you thought you knew "the" answer and now you're an atheist saying you know "the" answer. Did it ever occur to you that you could be wrong...again? Especially since you're saying the "facts" are behind you now, though you haven't named them.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:06 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:the factual evidence exists that when a person dies, for that length of time, they will parish


This is a logical fallacy called "begging the question." If you don't know what it means but heard it in the press, they use it wrong so don't go by that.

What is the "factual evidence?"


What kind of question is that :hmm:

It's obvious someone has interviewed a person that died :shock:

Took that information and compared it to what other persons that died too :?

Then compiled that research and presented it too a panel of experts on the subject of dead people who hadn't perished and proved them wrong. because those experts couldn't produce any factual evidence from their dead persons. :shock:

Everybody knows this...
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:07 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:What would you like to discuss Kaz? What is your religion? Let's start there


I believe in God because randomness doesn't explain everything I see. I believe God is good. I believe happiness is a choice and only a good God would allow us the power to be happy. I do not believe we are capable of comprehending God other then that in this life other then that so I don't worry about it other then to try to be a decent person and to grow.

I don't believe a kindergartner needs to really understand much about their teacher to know they are good and they are taking care of them. Other then that, I don't worry about it. I certainly don't listen to self deluded morons like evangelical christians or atheists who actually believe they know THE actual answer to the question of God's existance.


Atheists are morons because they do not believe in God? Sounds rather slighted. What if I said Christians are morons because of their faith?

Religion is stupid btw. You also never answered my question. I thought I had made it rather simple. What is your faith?


Oops, that's not what I said, is it? It's not strengthening your argument that you have to change what I said rather then address it. These "facts" you're right you've cited but not named seem to be more in doubt as you can't even address what's actually said.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

ATX
Posts: 3385
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:22 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:What would you like to discuss Kaz? What is your religion? Let's start there


I believe in God because randomness doesn't explain everything I see. I believe God is good. I believe happiness is a choice and only a good God would allow us the power to be happy. I do not believe we are capable of comprehending God other then that in this life other then that so I don't worry about it other then to try to be a decent person and to grow.

I don't believe a kindergartner needs to really understand much about their teacher to know they are good and they are taking care of them. Other then that, I don't worry about it. I certainly don't listen to self deluded morons like evangelical christians or atheists who actually believe they know THE actual answer to the question of God's existance.


Atheists are morons because they do not believe in God? Sounds rather slighted. What if I said Christians are morons because of their faith?

Religion is stupid btw. You also never answered my question. I thought I had made it rather simple. What is your faith?


Oops, that's not what I said, is it? It's not strengthening your argument that you have to change what I said rather then address it. These "facts" you're right you've cited but not named seem to be more in doubt as you can't even address what's actually said.


It's not strengthening your argument when you cannot stand up for your own faith... again Kaz, what is your religion? If you are going to doubt evangelical christians, you might as well doubt you own faith.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

cappster
Online
Posts: 3004
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:25 am
Location: Humanist, at your service.

Postby Cappster » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:27 pm

I don't believe Kaz is religious, but believes that there is a supreme being. God and religion are not synonymous with one another.
Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 280x, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16277
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:35 pm

I, personally, have factual evidence that there is a God. But I can not prove it to anyone else, because my experiences were mine alone, and there is no way to prove they happened.

PS ATX, I love how you used the word "parish," when you meant "perish." What a Freudian slip! :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:40 pm

ATX believes in God.. here's the proof.. each of the SBs we've won his first reaction was "THANK YOU GOD!" :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

ATX
Posts: 3385
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:51 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:ATX believes in God.. here's the proof.. each of the SBs we've won his first reaction was "THANK YOU GOD!" :lol:


lol, I actually reference "God" all the time in figures of speech. Also Jesus Christ.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

ATX
Posts: 3385
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:59 am
Location: NOVA

Postby ATX_Skins » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Cappster wrote:I don't believe Kaz is religious, but believes that there is a supreme being. God and religion are not synonymous with one another.


If that was the case he could have answered my question rather easily, but did not.

I am aware the two are not synonymous.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 5220
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:03 pm
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby cvillehog » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Wait, is it still the bye week? I thought there was a game in a few days? If there was a God, certainly he would make it so we wouldn't be talking about this right now! :)

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:51 pm

cvillehog wrote:Wait, is it still the bye week? I thought there was a game in a few days? If there was a God, certainly he would make it so we wouldn't be talking about this right now! :)


:lol: NICE!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:00 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:It's not strengthening your argument when you cannot stand up for your own faith... again Kaz, what is your religion? If you are going to doubt evangelical christians, you might as well doubt you own faith.


Objection your honor, asked and answered. Counsel is badgering the witness. Since you missed it...

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:What would you like to discuss Kaz? What is your religion? Let's start there


I believe in God because randomness doesn't explain everything I see. I believe God is good. I believe happiness is a choice and only a good God would allow us the power to be happy. I do not believe we are capable of comprehending God other then that in this life other then that so I don't worry about it other then to try to be a decent person and to grow.

I don't believe a kindergartner needs to really understand much about their teacher to know they are good and they are taking care of them. Other then that, I don't worry about it. I certainly don't listen to self deluded morons like evangelical christians or atheists who actually believe they know THE actual answer to the question of God's existance.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Cappster wrote:I don't believe Kaz is religious, but believes that there is a supreme being. God and religion are not synonymous with one another.


Yes, atx doesn't grasp that.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:03 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:
Cappster wrote:I don't believe Kaz is religious, but believes that there is a supreme being. God and religion are not synonymous with one another.


If that was the case he could have answered my question rather easily, but did not.

I am aware the two are not synonymous.


Actually I did...on the last page. And I just posted it again to make it easy for you. BTW, you even responded to a point in that post. Is this the thing again where you understand the difference between God and religion but my believing in the former and not the latter doesn't make sense to you? You realize you have not made a single statement that actually shows you grasp the difference and you have made many that demonstrate you don't.
Last edited by KazooSkinsFan on Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to The Lounge