Surprises.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Junior Hog

Surprises.

Postby Jake » Mon Nov 10, 2003 2:21 pm

I was surprised how well Lennie Friedman and Derrick Dockery held up yesterday. I have been down on Dockery all year and I was wishing for a preseason performance from Friedman. I am so glad the line held up yesterday. I was surprised that there were only 4 penalties and that Ramsey only got hit or hurried a few times, not a lot! I am very pessimistic on next week, though because Carolina is a real team and Stephen Davis will run all over us. Why Spurrier, Why?????
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:17 pm

One seventh of the teams salary cap...

I think it will be a good game, and I think with the three step drops and the potential of the running game with Rock, Trung et al, that it may be a bit different from the shellacking we took in the preseason. Russell looked good when he got in there, causing the Oline of Seattle to double team him, and he still pushed the pocket back some.

Might prove to be interesting.
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:18 pm

Dockery played really well. I have a tendency to watch the o-line (almost exclusively) and they all played well yesterday.

DD is coming along nicely and we have to try and remember that he's only a rookie. With the experience he's gaining though, and his pure physical tools, he could be a stud for years.

You know Friedman and Dockery played well 'cause you never heard their names at all!!!!
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:23 pm

Amen to not hearing "false start - offense- number 66" all day... :)

I agree that he could be the next Tre Johnson with his size and strength. With him, Randy, Chris and Jon, we have a good foursome on the line. I still am not wholly satisfied with Moore at center, but that is just a feeling at this point - I leave it open to revision as the times his part of the line was penetrated it might have been DD moving the wrong way and missing a block.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football