Wide Reciever

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

Which wide reciever would you want to have the most

Vincent Jackson FA
12%
Marques Colston FA
24%
Dwayne Bowe FA
28%
Mike Wallace FA
12%
Reggie Wayne FA
No votes
DeSean Jackson FA
4%
(Star College Rookie) Justin Blackmon
16%
(Star College Rookie with terrible Quarterbacking) Alshon Jeffery
4%

Total votes : 25
Hog

Wide Reciever

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:25 am

which WR would you want the most? I would want Vincent Jackson or Justin Blackmon ..... Actually Marques Colston.... whew.. its tough :-s

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:28 am

I forgot to add the option "Other FA like Stevie Johnson, Brandon Lloyd.

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:32 pm

there are only a couple of realistic options..

Wallace, Welker, and most likely Jackson all will be brought back by their teams..

Colston is a product of the system and his QB IMO and is seeking a huge payday and I honestly do not feel like he is worth it

Wayne is at the end of his career and might be a solid addition for a veteran team looking for another solid WR but he is not what the Redskins need

Jackson is a one trick pony and has a poor attitude .. He excels with a QB that has a strong arm and that can extend the play so he can get behind his defender.. he is not big and does not like to go over the middle so I would pass on him as well

I would love Blackmon and or Jeffery but unfortunately neither one will be an option for us if a QB the Redskins like is sitting there..

I would be ok with Bowe for a reasonable price as he is a big physical WR who has performed with multiple QBs.. He is not without his issues but I think he would be a welcome asset that would give us a big threat in the Redzone

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Blackman will be a top 5 or top 10 pick, so that alone takes him off my board (let some other fool team take him that high). Jeffery will probably be a first half of the first round, so he too is off my list.

Colston is looking for a big payday. Off my list.

Same for D Jackson.

V Jackson is not a #1. He is Alvin Harper with a little more talent. Will vary rarely exceed 60 catches, but they will be at a 18-19 y/c rate. I seam to rember off the field issues too (and he is getting old).

> compare him to Tana during his time with the Skins. Tana has been with the Skins the same #of years Jakson has been in SD
- Tana has played in 13 more games
- Tana has 215 more catches
- Tana has 1925 more yards
- Tana has one more TD
- Tana has had MUCH worse QB play
- Jackson has a higher y/c
- Jackson is younger
- Jackson is taller

His numbers really aren't that far from Michael Westbrook's and you could make the case if Westbrook had had Rivers as a QB he might have put up better numbers.

Bowe, yes if the price is right.

M Wallace is my pick. A big play guy like V Jackson, but catches more balls and is younger.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:42 pm

everydayAskinsday wrote:there are only a couple of realistic options..

Wallace, Welker, and most likely Jackson all will be brought back by their teams..

Colston is a product of the system and his QB IMO and is seeking a huge payday and I honestly do not feel like he is worth it

Wayne is at the end of his career and might be a solid addition for a veteran team looking for another solid WR but he is not what the Redskins need

Jackson is a one trick pony and has a poor attitude .. He excels with a QB that has a strong arm and that can extend the play so he can get behind his defender.. he is not big and does not like to go over the middle so I would pass on him as well

I would love Blackmon and or Jeffery but unfortunately neither one will be an option for us if a QB the Redskins like is sitting there..

I would be ok with Bowe for a reasonable price as he is a big physical WR who has performed with multiple QBs.. He is not without his issues but I think he would be a welcome asset that would give us a big threat in the Redzone
I agree with you about everything except Marques Colston, however he is 29.......he's 6'5 220 runs 4.5, with great route running, additude. borderline ProBowler (not saying much) that if on our team would easily be the #1 wide reciever.BTW- great hands

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:26 am

all he asked was which one would you want the most :lol:

I'd probably take ... I can't decide .... I'll pass ROTFALMAO

life's hard when you spend most of it sitting on a fence
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:30 pm

Vincent Jackson is a beast, there is some serious haterade going on with him. Those receivers make Rivers look a lot better than he is. If I had 4 people that tall with extreme athleticism to throw to, I'd be a pretty good qb too.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:36 pm

Reading recent comments from Kyle Shanahan, the Redskins will be looking for playmakers on offense. So, I think they'll go QB in the draft and WR in FA. I'd choose WR Vincent Jackson.

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:20 am

SkinsJock wrote:

all he asked was which one would you want the most :lol:

I'd probably take ... I can't decide .... I'll pass ROTFALMAO

life's hard when you spend most of it sitting on a fence

Thank you so much for clarifying that for me.. I was unaware of the rule preventing me from giving my opinion on the receivers he listed in the poll.. I was under the impression that message boards were a place fans came to express their opinion because thats all any of us have.. :roll:

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:40 pm

After last night Justin blackmon would look great in burgundy and
Gold.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:56 am

gibbsfan wrote:After last night Justin blackmon would look great in burgundy and
Gold.

I prefer getting a WR via FA.

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:04 pm

are there any receivers that are not listed in the poll that are gonna be FA's that anyone would like to see us make a play for?

I would love to know some other WRs that might not be as high profile that could be available.. anyone got any names?

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:23 pm

everydayAskinsday wrote:are there any receivers that are not listed in the poll that are gonna be FA's that anyone would like to see us make a play for?

I would love to know some other WRs that might not be as high profile that could be available.. anyone got any names?

We need a high profile WR.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:41 pm

Bowe.

Tana prolly won't be resigned. None of our WRs get any YAC, the QB's aren't helping.

We need play makers.

1. Bowe
2. Hankerson
3. Gafney

That needs to be our starting 3 next year.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:16 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Bowe.

Tana prolly won't be resigned. None of our WRs get any YAC, the QB's aren't helping.

I agree with you on Bowe. I like Vincent Jackson ok, but Bowe is younger and has done well without playing with a Philip Rivers.

Curious why you think Santana won't be back? Shanahan always seems to mention him when talking about his core, locker room guys.

Return to General Manager's Office