QB Free Agent Matt Flynn

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
piggie

QB Free Agent Matt Flynn

Postby jr_uscg » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:48 pm

Theres some talk that Redskins might be interested in Green Bays backup QB. Not sure but I think I read that he's playing this week. I saw that he's going to go somewhere and get payed. At least he is young 25 and would be around for a while. Gotta be better than Grossman or Beck. He's had a chance to develope under a good offense.
Semper Paratus
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:42 pm

where have you heard this? other then fans mentioning him I have not seen one credible source stating the Redskins were interested in Matt Flynn

Hog

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:12 pm

This from yahoo, though whether yahoo is considered /credible' is another matter :)

Our sources indicate that the Redskins, as has been their trademark under Daniel Snyder, will be bold in searching for their next quarterback. Club officials like Rex Grossman — as a backup — but feel they can find their next starting quarterback through the draft or via free agency or trade. The pie-in-the-sky wishes for someone like Peyton Manning, for instance, might be a long shot. Manning is a control freak, as is head coach Mike Shanahan, and the offensive scheme the Redskins run might not be Manning's first choice. Besides, the Colts might still want him back. The draft possibilities took a hit when USC's Matt Barkley returned to school, and they likely would have to make a big offer to move up into the Andrew Luck-Robert Griffin territory. Drew Brees isn't going anywhere, and Jason Campbell isn't coming back, so the options might be limited. One name to keep in mind: Green Bay's Matt Flynn, who seems almost certain to seek a starting chance elsewhere.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=pfw-20111230_expect_redskins_to_aggressively_seek_new_quarterba

piggie

Postby jr_uscg » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:54 pm

Wow, Flynn put up some big numbers today. He's going somewhere, why not here?
Semper Paratus
Hail to the Redskins

piggie

Postby jr_uscg » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:06 pm

6 TDs & 1 INT not bad. He's putting up Grossman numbers. Oh Grossman is more like 6 INT & 1TD....
Semper Paratus
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:17 pm

With the numbers Flynn put up today, one has to ask how much of this incredible success is QB play and how much is due to Green Bay's offensive system?

Could it be that Green Bay has TWO Aaron Rodgers? What's the possibility of this?

If I were a team struggling on offense, I'd be looking hard at exactly what Green Bay is doing. They seem to be able to score at will, regardless of who's throwing the ball.

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:51 pm

In addition to Rodgers, Green Bay has much better talent on O than we do...WRs, RBs and OL

piggie

Postby jr_uscg » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:48 pm

This is true, they are a well oiled machine. I still think Flynn is much more talented then Grossman or Beck. This guy is going to be a starter. I can't see Grossman or Beck running Greenbays offense.
Semper Paratus
Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:34 am

Flynn could not even beat out Russell Wilson, a rookie in Seattle. Man am I glad we didn't go down that road.

Unless of course, Wilson is the second coming.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:16 pm

I think Flynn just got beat out by a kid who has a ton of heart and works his butt off. Wilson was great in college lost just a few close games. His team was always competitive. I also think Flynn has talent as well. Seattle has a good situation going at QB me thinks.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:55 am

I think Wilson has a great all round game, I like him a lot.

Only time will tell if his size becomes a factor in the NFL, but he could be a real bargain pick up for the Seahawks.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Return to General Manager's Office