Russel Wilson

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Canes Skin

Russel Wilson

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:29 pm

• The most anticipated player was the last to be measured, and Wisconsin QB Russell Wilson checked in at just 5-foot-10¼. He was in very good shape and looked strong overall at 203 pounds, but the bottom line is that his height would make him the shortest quarterback on an NFL roster today.

That dubious distinction currently belongs to the Cleveland Browns' Seneca Wallace (5-11⅜ ), and the shortest starter in the NFL is the 6-foot Drew Brees. If Wilson were four inches taller we might be talking about him as a potential first-round pick given his intangibles and production. But at an inch-and-three-quarters shorter than Brees, there are now even more challenges to overcome as Wilson tries to make an NFL roster as a quarterback.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/blog/_/name/nfl_draft/id/7494429/2012-nfl-draft-senior-bowl-weigh-offers-plenty-digest
Suck and Luck

swine

Postby CajunSkin » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:43 pm

I also read a rumor that our team held a player meeting with him that was considerably longer than most... This is music to my ears I so want this guy on our team. More so than RG3 however Ill still be ecstatic if we get Griffin.
IMHO Wilson is the better value. We could trade down from 6 and get a few extra draft picks. We can address another need at 6 and snatch him in the 2nd either way beats trading two 1st rounders a 2nd and a 3rd..... Unless RG3 is who everyone thinks he will be which isnt a certainty so...... whatever happens as long as one of these guys are on the team im thrilled

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:58 pm

One big concern with shorter QB's is that their hands are small and you have to worry about the ball getting knocked out. Crazy stat is that he has the 2nd largest hands of ANY player at the combine. I watched Wilson play 3 years at NC State and would love to have him on our team. The one thing they'll have to do is have damn good blocking and throwing lanes due to his height. GREAT KID too.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:26 pm

frankcal20 wrote:One big concern with shorter QB's is that their hands are small and you have to worry about the ball getting knocked out. Crazy stat is that he has the 2nd largest hands of ANY player at the combine. I watched Wilson play 3 years at NC State and would love to have him on our team. The one thing they'll have to do is have damn good blocking and throwing lanes due to his height. GREAT KID too.

He could throw a pick every other game AND lose a fumble every week for the full season, he'd still have less turnovers than Rex had last year only playing 13 games #upgrade
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:48 pm

One of the best things about Wilson is he doesn't turn the ball over. I think he only had 4 or 6 this year and a bunch of TDs. Even at State with less than stellar players he was very successful.

Hog

Postby jmooney » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:26 pm

frankcal20 wrote:One big concern with shorter QB's is that their hands are small and you have to worry about the ball getting knocked out. Crazy stat is that he has the 2nd largest hands of ANY player at the combine. I watched Wilson play 3 years at NC State and would love to have him on our team. The one thing they'll have to do is have damn good blocking and throwing lanes due to his height. GREAT KID too.

They reported this week on NFL network, Russell's hands measured 10". Thats pretty big, especially for a sub 6 foot guy. I think this is our guy here. He had no issues with seeing over a HUGE O-line in Wisconsin. The D-line he faced in the Rose Bowl was the 3rd tallest in D-1 football this year. I didnt see any issues there either.
Last edited by jmooney on Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:15 am

jmooney wrote:

They reported this week on NFL network, Russell's hands measured 10". Thats pretty big, especially for a sub 6 foot guy. I think this is our guy here. He had no issues with seeing over a HUGE O-line in Wisconsin. The D-line he faced in the Rose Bowl was the 3rd tallest in D-1 fottball this year. I didnt see any issues there either.

.....Don't you mean football? :hmm:
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

Hog

Postby jmooney » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:49 am

yep, I sure did.

fixed.

Return to General Manager's Office