Ryan Tannehill out of the Senior Bowl

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Ryan Tannehill out of the Senior Bowl

Postby 1niksder » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:21 pm

- To follow up on our post on Twitter from this morning, late yesterday afternoon I was given word that Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill, who’s been soaring up draft boards, suffered a foot injury that will keep him out of the Senior Bowl, which starts in less than two weeks. Further investigation this morning revealed that the injury occurred while Tannehill was training in Bradenton, Florida. It was described as a fluke injury in which the senior signal caller was participating in a simple passing drill. The severity of the injury has been described to me in a variety of ways but will be left as “significant” until further clarification.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=5606
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:26 pm

Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill may need foot surgery

The foot injury that will keep Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill out of the Senior Bowl may require surgery.

Tannehill’s agent, Pat Dye, confirmed to ESPN.com that Tannehill broke a fifth metatarsal in a passing drill and might need surgery.

Although recovery from the surgery could keep Tannehill from working out at the scouting combine in February, Dye said he’s optimistic Tannehill will be able to throw for coaches and scouts by March,
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:38 pm

Maybe this injury will push him back down into the second round, where he belongs.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:41 pm

Right where the Redskins can draft him. That's right SF33.

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:22 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Right where the Redskins can draft him. That's right SF33.

Sorry but any player who had to have surgery prior to even being drafted, I don't want anything to do with. If he can't stand up to the beating in college, he isn't going to be able to take it in the NFL.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:

Sorry but any player who had to have surgery prior to even being drafted, I don't want anything to do with. If he can't stand up to the beating in college, he isn't going to be able to take it in the NFL.

Yeah like Matthew Stafford.

Postby 1niksder » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:43 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:

That makes a lot of sense, the dude did miss two games due to a separated shoulder....

Wait... that was when he was in HS, as a matter of fact the foot injury happened AFTER his college career had ended, let me start over

that makes a lot of sense, but only to posters like you.

What makes more sense is saying you can't play in the Senior Bowl because it would interfere wih going on his Honeymoon with her
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Return to General Manager's Office