Mock Daft

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:18 pm

1niksder wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:I would make all those moves if we could. I also think we make those type of moves if we get a QB in FA. Then we can use a 2nd round pick on a QB to play backup, line, WR (deep draft), etc.

That Mock ONLY makes sense if we get a QB in FA, not named Manning.

I agree. I still want Flynn. A dark horse in the race may be David Garrard who we could sign to a one year contract or two at most while we groom a QB or draft a guy next year which will be a deeper QB draft.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:06 pm

frankcal20 wrote:
1niksder wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:I would make all those moves if we could. I also think we make those type of moves if we get a QB in FA. Then we can use a 2nd round pick on a QB to play backup, line, WR (deep draft), etc.

That Mock ONLY makes sense if we get a QB in FA, not named Manning.

I agree. I still want Flynn. A dark horse in the race may be David Garrard who we could sign to a one year contract or two at most while we groom a QB or draft a guy next year which will be a deeper QB draft.

Manning will hopefully stay put, I still want Flynn to and haven't given up hope of getting RGIII. But having Flynn would allow for a lot of movement on draft day if the price to get up to 2 or 3 is too costly.

Haven't heard anything about Garrard recently.... did he get that back problem taken care of?
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:36 pm

I heard a great interview with him on Sirius a few months back. He talked at length with Rich Gannon about the issue. He felt numbing in his legs and just couldn't get the ball out. That started a few years ago but he just thought it was a pinched nerve. I don't remember what it was that he had done but at the time of the interview, he said he was at 80% healthy.

Now keep in mind, that was a few months back so if he keeps or have kept working, I think he could be a VERY good short term solution to the QB position if we're planning on drafting a guy to learn for a year or two.

I really do think that it would make a lot more sense to look to getting our young QB in next years draft. Even if it means getting an extra 1st round for next year and then packaging our two 1st this year for the top guy like say Bradley from USC or any of the other guys who are coming out. That's my though.

Return to General Manager's Office