Check out this newest mock, I would be pumped

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
piglet

Check out this newest mock, I would be pumped

Postby drocksthaparty » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:08 pm

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:16 pm

drocksthaparty wrote:http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/2/15/2801317/dts-first-ever-mock-draft-on-mtd#comments

That is great, it could happen

Sadly....

It' NOT gonna happen.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:12 am

If that happended I would be thanking GOD. :hail:
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:52 am

Yeah, that would be nice...

However, it would mean;

(a) The Browns having a omplete brain malfunction

and

(b) None of the teams below us in need of a QB having the gumption to trade up over our heads in order to get him.

So all in all the chances are around 2% of this happening. And I'm being generous here...

Personally, I'd pay a hooker to tell the press about her all night drug parties with RGIII and his gambling addiction. That would put other teams off him and we could take him at 6. It would actually be worth our while paying the lawsuit that would follow to make that happen....

:twisted:
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

kazoo

Re: Check out this newest mock, I would be pumped

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:48 am

drocksthaparty wrote:http://www.mockingthedraft.com/2012/2/15/2801317/dts-first-ever-mock-draft-on-mtd#comments

No...no it can't...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:36 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

No...no it can't...

How do you know?

I agree the odds are that it won't happen, but the odds were heavily against Blain Gabbert dropping to #10 and even higher that we would pass on him.

The odds were really low that Orakpo would slip to us, but he did.

The odds were really low that Mr. Discount Doublcheck would fall to the Packers, but he did.

I could go on, but the point is there are always players that go much lower than idiot fans say, "No way he is still available there!" or "He'll be long gone before we draft".

Fact. YES IT IS POSSIBLE.

It is not probable that it will happen, but it iis certainly possible. And I would even call it an extreme long shot.

Of course, Bruce and Mike will try to read the draft tea leaves to see if they need to move up and if so how far. I would say if we trade up there are almost even odds that we go to #4 as there is if we go to #2 or #3.

If Cleveland wants RG3 there is simply nothing we can do about it.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:13 pm

Probably wouldn't happen, because if we want RGIII, we're going to trade up making this scenario impossible.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:16 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

No...no it can't...

How do you know?

I agree the odds are that it won't happen, but the odds were heavily against Blain Gabbert dropping to #10 and even higher that we would pass on him.

The odds were really low that Mr. Discount Doublcheck would fall to the Packers, but he did.

I could go on, but the point is there are always players that go much lower than idiot fans say, "No way he is still available there!" or "He'll be long gone before we draft".

It is not probable that it will happen, but it iis certainly possible. And I would even call it an extreme long shot.

Of course, Bruce and Mike will try to read the draft tea leaves to see if they need to move up and if so how far. I would say if we trade up there are almost even odds that we go to #4 as there is if we go to #2 or #3.

I agree with all of the above except the highlighted portion.

I could see the Rams taking the #2 pick off the table and drafting Kali, meaning Minny's #3 would come into play and I don't see the Browns moving out of the number four slot. Moving up to #3, if the Rams use their pick would be ideal (wouldn't cost us next years #1). Moving down from #4 to #6 would only net the Browns a mid third round pick (they are cheap but will want more than that to miss out on Clayborne, Richardson, or Blackmon.

The Browns are historically cheap and I doubt they will give up two #1s to move up 1 or 2 draft spots, and The Skins first and second round picks this year plus next years #1 is worth more than Cleveland's two #1s.

But like you said if they want him they'll get him. They'll overpay because they're historically cheap and I think Mike and Bruce have already set their limit as far as how much they'll give up for RGIII
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:36 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

No...no it can't...

How do you know?

If they find something to pick on like they did with Rogers where "his delivery is weird" and he's a "system qb", than maybe. I don't see it happening because RGIII is just a very exciting player all around, but it could happen.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:02 pm

brad7686 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

No...no it can't...

How do you know?

If they find something to pick on like they did with Rogers where "his delivery is weird" and he's a "system qb", than maybe. I don't see it happening because RGIII is just a very exciting player all around, but it could happen.
The point still stands. If the Browns want RG III, there is not a thing we can do about it. They will have him.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:24 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

No...no it can't...

How do you know?

If you read message boards, there is the chance you will come across an opinion. Orakpo wasn't a QB and Gabbort got mixed reviews going into the draft. I'm not seeing any question that Griffin is a top talent and he's at the position teams overreach. But if it makes you feel better, I'll amend my statement to there is no "realistic" chance we will get him at #6.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:05 pm

Countertrey wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

No...no it can't...

How do you know?

The point still stands. If the Browns want RG III, there is not a thing we can do about it. They will have him.

I disagree. All we would have to do is trade above them. You may not want to pay what it takes to do that, but it's certainly possible.

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:03 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
brad7686 wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

No...no it can't...

How do you know?

I disagree. All we would have to do is trade above them. You may not want to pay what it takes to do that, but it's certainly possible.

The Browns have much more ammunition than we do... If they want to move to 2, they have the 4 and 22 picks. If they want Griffin, they can outbid us without even breathing hard. Period.

I suspect they don't want him that bad... McCoy is not a lost cause, and they could use the talent those picks represent in other positions... But, that's not the discussion. If they want him... we can't stop them.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote: The point still stands. If the Browns want RG III, there is not a thing we can do about it. They will have him.

The Browns have much more ammunition than we do... If they want to move to 2, they have the 4 and 22 picks. If they want Griffin, they can outbid us without even breathing hard. Period.

I suspect they don't want him that bad... McCoy is not a lost cause, and they could use the talent those picks represent in other positions... But, that's not the discussion. If they want him... we can't stop them.

Sure we could. We could offer our #1 for the next ten years. Obviously we won't, but you still can't say it's impossible to outbid them.

Hail to the Redskins!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
Countertrey wrote: The point still stands. If the Browns want RG III, there is not a thing we can do about it. They will have him.

Sure we could. We could offer our #1 for the next ten years. Obviously we won't, but you still can't say it's impossible to outbid them.

I thought this was a debate... not a psychosis...

Return to General Manager's Office