LT

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

LT

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:14 pm

Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:33 pm

I agree that he was a lot better, this is a ridiculous division to pass block in and he held up pretty well when healthy. He's obviously a freakish athlete so if he keeps working and lays off the ganja he might be pretty good.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:22 am

I'm hoping for the best with both Williams and Davis but I don't expect that either will be able to be as good a player as they could be

these guys have clearly demonstrated that they don't have the desire to be better in everything they do

Williams is especially disappointing as he came to the team as a top 10 pick with a little concern that he would make the effort to be a great tackle in the NFL
his actions indicate a lack of desire and a lack of committment to his team
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

---

Re: LT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:58 am

PickSixerTWSS wrote:Trent Williams! :shock:

Yes, Trent Williams. This fanbase is so run-down and distraught that many are incapable of thinking objectively. EVERYTHING is a negative. The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. This is why they're on forums and not in somebody's FO.

Fans have no idea who has what assignment. They don't know the scheme. Most don't understand football... But they are very opinionated, yet very ignorant. :lol:

Now, this is the BleacherReport that we're talking about. But Trent is nowhere near as bad as guys make him out to be.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:12 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

Yes, Trent Williams. This fanbase is so run-down and distraught that many are incapable of thinking objectively. EVERYTHING is a negative. The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. This is why they're on forums and not in somebody's FO.

Fans have no idea who has what assignment. They don't know the scheme. Most don't understand football... But they are very opinionated, yet very ignorant. :lol:

Now, this is the BleacherReport that we're talking about. But Trent is nowhere near as bad as guys make him out to be.

+1. I didn't realize fans were dogging him. Didn't anybody watch him play against Demarcus Ware this season???

And yeah I know Fred Davis has a lot to prove after his drug suspension last year. But the guy was our second leading receiver and would have had a 1000 yard year otherwise. Hopefully he's learned his lesson that the NFL is serious with its drug testing policy. But he has my full support as long as he's a Redskin.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:15 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

As noted in the article... the concern with Trent IS NOT his talent, never has been. If he never improves beyond this point, he's still a starting LT.

He clearly has the talent to be dominant... that's not the concern. It's his will that is suspect. Nothing would make me happier than for him to shove that in our faces.

Do it, Trent.
Last edited by Countertrey on Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:17 am

Countertrey wrote:As noted in the article... the concern with Trent IS NOT his talent, never has been. He clearly has the talent to be dominant. It's his will that is suspect.

Absolutely true. Everyone has their bad traits. And this isn't to excuse him. But even when he's half-a**ing it. Apparently he's making strides. And maybe outside of the drugs, he put forth a full effort and that is why he's on this list. And that's why he improved.

If he can get past the drug thing, he's good to go. But putting that aside, people on here gripe about his ability and lust over the dude we passed up on.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:17 pm

I hear you Chris - I always felt that Mike & Bruce must have had their reasons for taking Williams over Okung

I am really hoping that he can not only continue to get better as a LT but hopefully use this as motivation

I'm hopeful but .... I must admit it's mainly because it really hurts our franchise to make a mistake with a top 10 pick

I know that some here almost don't want it to work out ONLY because they think that Shanahan made a mistake

There is no way that I would prefer Okung over Williams - I hope this kid uses this positively
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:19 pm

D'Brickishaw Ferguson is way too low on that list. He's markedly better than Doug Free whose ranked higher.

Trent at 11? Ok
SPIT HAPPENS!!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:21 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'm hopeful but .... I must admit it's mainly because it really hurts our franchise to make a mistake with a top 10 pick

I know that some here almost don't want it to work out ONLY because they think that Shanahan made a mistake

Look, if those people were able to make 100% correct decisions ALL THE TIME. They wouldn't be on THN, telling us...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:47 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I'm hopeful but .... I must admit it's mainly because it really hurts our franchise to make a mistake with a top 10 pick

Look, if those people were able to make 100% correct decisions ALL THE TIME. They wouldn't be on THN, telling us...

ain't that the truth ROTFALMAO

Return to General Manager's Office