Do you think Mr Nicks will be coming to Washington..

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

Would You Give Nicks $9.4M per year?

Pay the Man we Need Him
73%
I'll find someone else, cheaper
27%

Total votes : 15
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:36 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:We have a bunch of average linemen and an underachieving top 10 pick. If we can afford it, money on a stud linemen is money well spent imo, especially if we are planning to bring in a young qb.

not saying it's going to be Nicks but I agree as well

we need good starting linemen and better depth
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby jmooney » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:06 pm

The price tag scares me a bit but....

If you could sign Nicks,

Pick up Reiff or Adams through the draft

Slide T. Williams to right tackle

MAYBE lure Myers the center away from Houston allowing Montgomery to move over to the other guard position.

AND keep Lichtensteiger and Brown around as back-ups/trade bait.

We'd be in nice shape.

Well a guy can dream cant he?

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:48 pm

I don't know why everyone wants to move Trent to RT. He's an up and coming LT. Per a ranking that just came out today, he's the #11 LT in the entire NFL and if he get's his head straight, he'll be a top 5 for sure. Don't believe me, check this out.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1061 ... es/page/23

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:22 pm

frankcal20 wrote:I don't know why everyone wants to move Trent to RT. He's an up and coming LT. Per a ranking that just came out today, he's the #11 LT in the entire NFL and if he get's his head straight, he'll be a top 5 for sure.

OK - please explain or clarify this everyone stuff - Williams is our LT

be interesting to see how many here want to see him at RT
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:09 am

A lot of people on this board say move him and or think he isn't performing well... He played GREAT vs top notch pass rushers last year. I remember the pukes game he pwned D ware all day and so much sp D ware quit rushing on HIS side. THAT is pretty damn good for a 2nd year guy and I couldn't ask for more.
I thi k we aren't far off if we are healthy and on top of tht our back ups did great toward the end of the season. A mobile qb would make then better and if that qb is a decent passer (vision timing accuracy.. Progressions reading Defenses) then our current starters and depth looks infinitely better.
Not that we can't add to it...
But a me first guy wants more money then the highest paid guards no matter what team... Isn't my first choice.
Ya he's good but isHe good for the zone blocking? Size footwork and all things considered? Haven't looked into it but being a good guard somewhere doesn't ensure u r every where. Right?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:02 am

frankcal20 wrote:I don't know why everyone wants to move Trent to RT. He's an up and coming LT. Per a ranking that just came out today, he's the #11 LT in the entire NFL and if he get's his head straight, he'll be a top 5 for sure. Don't believe me, check this out.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1061 ... es/page/23

Talent isn't his issue. It's his maturity (or lack thereof) and work ethic/dedication. He skipped workouts with his teammates during the lockout, and made lame excuses and changed his story for why he wasn't there, then got himself suspended for a quarter of the season. He has the talent, not doubt about it, but who knows if he's going to get his head on straight.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby jmooney » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:40 am

let me clarify a bit.

I was simply throwing out a hypothetical scenario. IF (longshot) we were to draft Reiff or Adams, I think they are better suited for LT at this moment than RT, Sure T.Williams is good at LT (#11 according to the article). BUT is that better than him being a top 5 RT and one of those other guys potentially being a top 10 LT?. Particularly ,if you are lucky enough to add Nicks and Myers.

I was looking at the quickest route to making a dominant OL for years to come without sacrificing depth. What concerns me about Williams is whether or not we have seen his ceiling, this year will tell and his work ethic is the only thing keeping him where he is.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:33 am

It's going to all be about his work ethic. I also would prefer to find a guy who may have all the physical tools, size and desire to be the best. Those guys you find in the mid-rounds. Thankfully we have a few guys on the team right now who seem to possess the drive. I just don't know about the skill set from the LT position but they played pretty well at the end of the year. They did produce a number of 100 yds per game. Would love to have that every week. Just need to work on pass blocking and get a guy in here who can get the ball to the WRs.

Return to General Manager's Office