Package deal: Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne Yes/No?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Package deal: Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne Yes/No?

Postby Hooligan » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:27 pm

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/2286 ... ckage-deal

It'd depend on how much Wayne wanted, but if we bring in Peyton, I think bringing in one of his favorite receivers is a no-brainer. Could it help the rest of the offense with QB/WR chemistry building?
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:28 pm

still doesn't resolve the issue in us having to change their offense.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:45 pm

frankcal20 wrote:still doesn't resolve the issue in us having to change their offense.

Right. I love Peyton and all. Think he's one of the greatest all time, but he doesn't fit what we're trying to do and would leave us stranded at the position in a few years when he retired. I just don't think he's a good fit.

I'm hoping Arizona signs him, and cuts Kolb, and Kolb reunites with all his coaches in Cleveland, and Flynn signs with Miami. Then we draft RGIII with no trade. Everyone's happy right?
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Postby dbfan2007 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:18 pm

Did the Colts re-sign Wayne, because I thought he was a FA.

Does Rex Grossman or RGIII fit the offense better?

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:29 am

chiefhog44 wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:still doesn't resolve the issue in us having to change their offense.

Right. I love Peyton and all. Think he's one of the greatest all time, but he doesn't fit what we're trying to do and would leave us stranded at the position in a few years when he retired. I just don't think he's a good fit.

I'm hoping Arizona signs him, and cuts Kolb, and Kolb reunites with all his coaches in Cleveland, and Flynn signs with Miami. Then we draft RGIII with no trade. Everyone's happy right?

In a perfect world.....

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:10 am

I didn't mean to discuss whether or not we should go after Manning (dead horse), but IF WE DID, whether or not we should also get Wayne to go with him.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

Return to General Manager's Office