RT

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

RT

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:24 pm

Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:27 pm

Jason Smith's rank is way to high.

so is Phil Loadaholt.

#-o
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:47 am

PickSixerTWSS wrote:Jason Smith's rank is way to high.

so is Phil Loadaholt.

#-o

I would consider it.

1) I'm still in favor of Trent, but he needs to get more consistent.

2) On the other side, Jamaal is a question mark with injuries. I'm hopeful because he had a two year injury and I think he was one of the most impacted (with Laron) by the lockout and inability to get treatment last year.

3) With two question marks, if we could get a stud RT that gives us three quality tackles with two question marks, which is a lot more reassuring then two quality tackles which are both question marks.

With the tackle position solid and our having a partial solution for the interior, really one more solid guard pickup should yield a great improvement in the o-line.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:04 pm

I was impressed with Wllie Smith. He got off to a bad start against the Pats when he had to fill in for Jamal Brown on short notice (gave up a sack/TD on first series) but settled down and played quite well. He's a UFA with perfect size and a good skill set.

Strengths:
Prototypical height and overall size. Impressive athleticism; a converted tight end/defensive lineman. Two year starter at left tackle who has shown a lot of potential.

Weaknesses:
Still very raw. May not be able to contribute immediately. Shows good fundamentals at times, but in pressure moments he breaks down. Looks good off the snap but as the play extends he loses his fundamentals; stamina could be an issue?

Comments:
Teams love offensive lineman who are converted tight ends. It generally means they have a ton of athleticism and will be capable of playing on the left side in the pros. There’s a lot to like about Smith, but he probably won’t contribute until 2012 or later.

I'd love to see him continue to grow and take over. Wasn't Jake a UFA?

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to General Manager's Office