Donta Hightower/ Dontari Poe in the second?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
B-rad

Donta Hightower/ Dontari Poe in the second?

Postby brad7686 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:41 pm

If for some reason we have a second round pick in the draft, and we don't have to use it on a qb, there could be some serious value there.

Hightower is the nastiest MLB in the country out of Alabama, weighs 260, decleats people constantly. He would fit a 3-4 perfectly.

Poe is a very athletic nose prospect from Memphis, weighs 330, the DT class is STACKED this year. They could go in all sorts of different orders, if he's gone maybe Brandon Thompson from Clemson? He'd probly be gone too but could also theoretically play nose.

Either of them would be great value picks in the early second.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:20 am

Because Dontari Poe blew up the Combine running a 4.8 at 350 pounds there is 0 chance we get him in the 2nd unless we trade up from that pick by like....10 picks at least.
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:46 pm

Poe will go in the top twenty picks. Maybe even top ten. You just dont come across good nose tackles too often. You can count them on one hand. Maybe even more rare then a franchise Qb. Anyhow I easily would take Poe if we cant get our QB or trade down.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:27 pm

Too much value and need at the NT position on a good amount of teams for him to not be gone by the end of the 1st. I see him on the Jets.

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:46 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:Poe will go in the top twenty picks. Maybe even top ten. You just dont come across good nose tackles too often. You can count them on one hand. Maybe even more rare then a franchise Qb. Anyhow I easily would take Poe if we cant get our QB or trade down.
In my Mock Draft I have Dontari Poe going to the panthers at 9. :shock: ok, not really a shocker.
Hail Robert Griffin III!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:24 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Too much value and need at the NT position on a good amount of teams for him to not be gone by the end of the 1st. I see him on the Jets.

I agree that he will be gone by the first round. I now think he will go top fifteen. Cant see how any team will pass him up. Most every team can use a stout NT. Even those who dont play a 3-4 can still use him as a run stuffer up the middle.

If we lose out on RG3 and Luck Poe wouldn't be a bad consolation prize.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:01 pm

PickSixerTWSS wrote:Because Dontari Poe blew up the Combine running a 4.8 at 350 pounds there is 0 chance we get him in the 2nd unless we trade up from that pick by like....10 picks at least.

Yea, he's skyrocketed now. Hightower might be there though since he's a MLB who would best fit a 3-4. And would be a steal.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:52 pm

um ... guys - do you really think we're going to have a pick in the top 2 rounds of this draft

EXCEPT FOR THE MAN :lol:

I'm thinking we may not have a pick in the 2nd or 3rd rounds and that's fine with me :wink:

no worries at all about that
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:07 pm

I hope we get you know who. [-o< [-o< [-o< seriously my desktop and my screensaver are both RG3 pictures in redskins uniforms. If we get him, I'm immediatly driving to Models' and getting my RG3 jersey.
Hail Robert Griffin III!

Return to General Manager's Office