Amazing movie

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
~~~~~~

Amazing movie

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:57 pm

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

An amazingly well made movie. Highly recommended.

TRAILER
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans for over a decade and a half. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:56 am

Gary Oldman is a top actor. He's from the same area I was brought up in, Deptford in South East London.

Should have got that Oscar I reckon!
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:12 am

I loved the Alec Guinness version...hard to imagine a better George Smiley, but reviews says this movie matches the old series.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:18 pm

Gary Oldman doesn't speak a word until 10 minutes into the film, and yet he absolutely dominates the screen. He's one of the best actors on the planet right now. Combine that with a great writer - bingo! One of the most enthralling films I've seen for years.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:14 pm

Seems pretty nice. Cool
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:40 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:Gary Oldman doesn't speak a word until 10 minutes into the film, and yet he absolutely dominates the screen. He's one of the best actors on the planet right now. Combine that with a great writer - bingo! One of the most enthralling films I've seen for years.

LeCarré knows how the system works. This is as real as it gets for a movie.

He was involved in both projects. He wrote the book and he was involved heavily in the production of the movie.

Difficult to match Alec Guinness, I agree. I thought it was impossible until I watched this movie. Gary Oldman studied Guinness' performance to the last detail. This is an interesting interview of him by Charlie Rose:

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/12169
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans for over a decade and a half. Stay away from football operations !!!

Return to The Lounge