Saints coaches & players = BIG trouble with bounties

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
08 Champ

Saints coaches & players = BIG trouble with bounties

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:43 pm

Anyone still interested in defending this worthless slime, and former Redskins DC - Greg williams

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1754 ... cious-hits

I sincerely hope the NFL & STUPID Roger G make an example of this STUPID defensive coach
Last edited by SkinsJock on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Saints' D paid to injure other players

Postby 1niksder » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:25 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Anyone still interested in defending this worthless slime, and former Redskins DC

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1754 ... cious-hits

I sincerely hope the NFL makes an example of this STUPID coach

Report: Williams had bounty system in Washington too

Four Redskins confirmed that a similar bouny system was in place in Washington to the one in New Orleans. Only one of the players was willing to be quoted on the record. Former defensive lineman Philip Daniels defended Williams, while also admitting what happened.

Daniels believed Williams started the program with money taken from players late for meetings or practices. Daniels said that former Redskin Sean Taylor made a lot of money in the system.

“I think it is wrong the way they’re trying to paint [Williams],” Daniels added. “He never told us to go out there and break a guy’s neck or break a guy’s leg. It was all in the context of a good, hard football.”

My only problem with Gregg Williams was he thought that second "g" stood for genius.

Multiple players confirmed the existence of a bounty system with the Redskins while Williams was defensive coordinator.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:22 am

Here's a bounty for you:

"If you take out Gregg Williams on the sidelines ... _____________________________________________________."

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:27 pm

If it's true, he should be banned from the NFL for life
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:16 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:If it's true, he should be banned from the NFL for life

Maybe a year suspension or two but not lifetime, considering the only thing he did was get caught... ("thrown under the bus")

Then again this could sink him :shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:02 am

1niksder wrote:

Maybe a year suspension or two but not lifetime, considering the only thing he did was get caught... ("thrown under the bus")

I'd agree for hits but not intentionally injuring someone. That should be outta the bar...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Postby 1niksder » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:45 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
1niksder wrote:

I'd agree for hits but not intentionally injuring someone. That should be outta the bar...

+1

I think the Skins are safe considering JJG said he didn't know about it and Greg Blache disliked and discontinued Gregg Williams’ bounty program
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:08 pm

Could this have been the beginning of Manning's neck problems?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nBxHse5s74

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Postby 1niksder » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:41 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:44 pm

I think players intetionally try to hurt another player all the time. And we as fans encourage it... How many times have people wished for and/or celebrated when Vick got knocked out of a game?

Nobody wants a career ending injury but if it's for the remainder of a game and nets us a "w", people are for it.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:13 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I think players intetionally try to hurt another player all the time. And we as fans encourage it... How many times have people wished for and/or celebrated when Vick got knocked out of a game?

Nobody wants a career ending injury but if it's for the remainder of a game and nets us a "w", people are for it.

I risk sounding like Bill Clinton here (it depends what "is" is) but it depends what you mean by hurt. If you mean hit him so hard (legally) that it hurts - yes. If you mean crown him in the ear hole so he can't think straight or try to blow out his knee - no.

The Vick hit is a perfect example of great football and the pleasure derived from good hits. He was diving for the goal line and two of our guys hit him simultaneously (and very cleanly) in in all-out effort to stop a score. I never saw intent to inflict serious injury. I just saw an awesome hit and was glad it made him leave the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=783mMLXq ... re=related

The vast majority of action in this great game does not involve the intent to inflict pain. Almost all line play is positioning and beating a guy to a spot. Most pass plays are about making plays on the ball. Even most tackles are attempts to simply bring a guy down or get him OB. It is only once per drive or so that we see the confluence of opportunity and intent that results in one guy trying to "hurt" another and the vast majority of those times the intent is simply to hit him solidly enough that he'll remember the next time he sees you as opposed to an attempt to inflict a serious injury. That is rare and I'm against it - bounty or no bounty.

DarthMonk

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:21 am

I don't believe that Gregg wanted anyone to have their career ended.

I believe that he wanted people to make clean hits that would knock the snot out of opponent and incapacitate them.

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:31 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I don't believe that Gregg wanted anyone to have their career ended.

I believe that he wanted people to make clean hits that would knock the snot out of opponent and incapacitate them.
I think he just wanted to get that specific player out of the game no matter what it took. (for money.)
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 am

PickSixerTWSS wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:I don't believe that Gregg wanted anyone to have their career ended.

I think he just wanted to get that specific player out of the game no matter what it took. (for money.)

So is the issue that a pool was made for this?

IMO, what does it matter because if there wasn't any money they'd be instructed to do the same thing.

Are we forgetting that this is football? Football... Your desire is to inflict pain on the opposing player. Your desire is to be better, stronger, more physical. U want to destroy that person mentally and/or physically. Wanting to do that, doesn't mean that you want to end a career or paralyse someone.

But... this is the trend nowadays. Everything has to be soft now. "Well someone please think about the children!!!". U can't play dodgeball in school. Everyone child has to get a trophy, even if they suck because "everyone is a winner". LMAO SMH.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:44 pm

DarthMonk wrote: The vast majority of action in this great game does not involve the intent to inflict pain. Almost all line play is positioning and beating a guy to a spot. <snip>DarthMonk

Really?
“I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, ‘Our coaches love you. We’re going to run it over you again and again.’ Randy wasn’t very happy, but after three or four times, he didn’t say a word.”-Jeff Bostic

Sounds a bit more brutal, to me... :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Return to Around the League