Trade for Drew Brees?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
spudstr04

Trade for Drew Brees?

Postby spudstr04 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:05 pm

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/229032/report-brees-livid-about-tag-wont-sign

I realize that he is locked in as a Saint since he was franchised, but there are many who think he is not happy with the way talks are going with the Saints. Also, with the way that NFL will come down on the Saints organization for the "Bounty" program, he might not want to stay. There is talk that he might hold out if he doesn't get what he wants. I wonder if this could be a situation a la Carson Palmer from last year.

I realize that Drew Brees isn't likely to leave, but would you make a few calls to gauge interest if we find out that he will hold out?
#21 = Forever in our hearts

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Trade for Drew Brees?

Postby 1niksder » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:34 pm

spudstr04 wrote:http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/229032/report-brees-livid-about-tag-wont-sign

I realize that he is locked in as a Saint since he was franchised, but there are many who think he is not happy with the way talks are going with the Saints. Also, with the way that NFL will come down on the Saints organization for the "Bounty" program, he might not want to stay. There is talk that he might hold out if he doesn't get what he wants. I wonder if this could be a situation a la Carson Palmer from last year.

I realize that Drew Brees isn't likely to leave, but would you make a few calls to gauge interest if we find out that he will hold out?

You listed a few reason why he might not want to be there but says he not likely to leave.... Well reports are that the team was impressed with that WR they worked out today. That might sway Brees one way or the other, maybe more toward holding out.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

spudstr04

Re: Trade for Drew Brees?

Postby spudstr04 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:15 pm

1niksder wrote:
spudstr04 wrote:http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/229032/report-brees-livid-about-tag-wont-sign

You listed a few reason why he might not want to be there but says he not likely to leave.... Well reports are that the team was impressed with that WR they worked out today. That might sway Brees one way or the other, maybe more toward holding out.

I said he's less likely to leave, because I feel that his overall sense of loyalty to the Saints organization that took a chance on him, when no one else would, will win out.
#21 = Forever in our hearts

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:21 pm

They can have the whole dag gone team for all I care!!!!

Give me Brees.. and let's keep our RBs, Defense, Fred (I Get High) Davis, and Santana (Skin4Life) Moss.

8)
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:30 am

WIST-AM New Orleans reports Drew Brees is "livid" about being franchise tagged, and will not sign his tender.
WIST-AM is not typically in the business of breaking major Saints news, but this is certainly plausible. The Saints and Brees have fruitlessly worked toward an extension for nearly two years, and have made surprisingly little progress since talks got serious in August. The sides now have until July 16 to work out a long-term contract. If a deal has not been reached by then, it's entirely possible Brees will refuse to sign his tender and threaten to miss parts of training camp. It's been a rough week for the Saints.

Throw in Randy Moss and he might be ready to go
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to General Manager's Office