Manning to Skins....WHAT???

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Manning to Skins....WHAT???

Postby tribeofjudah » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:04 pm

read and weep....

Report: Manning Plan A, RG3 Plan B for Skins Citing a person with knowledge of the Redskins' planning, the Washington Post reports the team will go after Peyton Manning "aggressively" before turning to the Rams for the No. 2 overall pick.
Several sources assure the Post that the Redskins are "comfortable with the risks associated with signing Manning" and will "pursue him intently." NFL Network's Michael Lombardi lists the Redskins as his favorites to land Manning, though the Post concedes the Dolphins, Cardinals, and Jets may have a better shot. While the Skins have plenty of money to spend in free agency, we still believe Robert Griffin III is a better fit for the offense as well as the organization as a whole. Source: Washington Post Mar 7 - 11:21 AMPlayer Outlook

http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/2069 ... ntana-moss
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

Hog

Postby Skeletor » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:17 pm

if only we had heard this before somewhere...

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:18 pm

I think he will be going to Miami. Wait, let me rephrase that. I hope he will be going to Miami.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:40 pm

In a perfect world ...

Peyton Manning will be with the Dolphins

AND

Matt Flynn will be with the Cleveland Browns

Robert Griffin III will be with the Redskins - who will also bring in a FA QB to handle the offense while RGIII gets ready to play

so we still need a free agent QB that can do a better job than Grossman

now that I think about it

we need a free agent QB to come in and handle this offense while RGIII gets ready to play - any QB will do a better job than Grossman
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 ... 27-21

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:59 pm

The NY JETS have already inquired about Manning.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... n-manning/

To think. Someone here thought Free Agency would be like unemployment for Peyton. He's already got Miami, NY, Arizona, Seattle, & allegedly the Redskins in the mix. Let the bidding war begin.

Peyton wins. Hey Jim Irsay "Good Luck" -- no pun intended.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:03 pm

SkinsJock wrote:In a perfect world ...

Peyton Manning will be with the Dolphins

AND

Matt Flynn will be with the Cleveland Browns

Robert Griffin III will be with the Redskins - who will also bring in a FA QB to handle the offense while RGIII gets ready to play

so we still need a free agent QB that can do a better job than Grossman

now that I think about it

we need a free agent QB to come in and handle this offense while RGIII gets ready to play - any QB will do a better job than Grossman

I really think what you said will, happen.
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:07 pm

Archie Manning's fantasy: Peyton to the Jets. Giants and Jets in the Superbowl.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Look guys. I take a lot of flack around here for looking at things differently--usually from a practical business standpoint. In this case, consider this angle.

Maybe the Redskins are leaking this "interest" in Peyton Manning to gain some leverage in the Rams deal. If the market for the Rams pick is going to shrink, they will be more inclined to pull the trigger sooner. If the Rams think that the Skins could possibly fall out of the bidding. Then, they might not get as much in a trade with less teams competing for the pick. In business you have to manufacture leverage and/or a market.

Unnamed sources aka AGENTS :lol: do this all the time. They leak that they've talked to 5 teams when they really haven't to give the one team they want the impression that they're about to lose out. I don't see Shanahan, who famously didn't even talk to Cutler, allowing this Manning interest to get out unless there was an ulterior motive.
Last edited by The Hogster on Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:16 pm

My prediction: The Redskins "intense interest" in Manning is a ruse to increase interest in the bidding for him by Miami, and possibly, Cleveland. This reduces the contenders for RG3, and may help reduce the price demanded by the Rams.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:17 pm

The Hogster wrote:Look guys. I take a lot of flack around here for looking at things differently--usually from a practical business standpoint. In this case, consider this angle.

Maybe the Redskins are leaking this "interest" in Peyton Manning to gain some leverage in the Rams deal. If the market for the Rams pick is going to shrink, they will be more inclined to pull the trigger sooner. If the Rams think that the Skins could possibly fall out of the bidding. Then, they might not get as much in a trade with less teams competing for the pick.

You were watching me prepare my post, weren't you? Admit it.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:19 pm

Countertrey wrote:
The Hogster wrote:Look guys. I take a lot of flack around here for looking at things differently--usually from a practical business standpoint. In this case, consider this angle.

Maybe the Redskins are leaking this "interest" in Peyton Manning to gain some leverage in the Rams deal. If the market for the Rams pick is going to shrink, they will be more inclined to pull the trigger sooner. If the Rams think that the Skins could possibly fall out of the bidding. Then, they might not get as much in a trade with less teams competing for the pick.

You were watching me prepare my post, weren't you? Admit it.

Nice. I was just thinking the same thing. :lol:
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:26 pm

Keep in mind, also... Bruce Allen learned all about subterfuge from one of the best... his dad.

#######

Postby The Hogster » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:44 pm

Countertrey wrote:Keep in mind, also... Bruce Allen learned all about subterfuge from one of the best... his dad.

And his brother George. :lol:

Politics as usual.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:15 pm

I am not afraid to say it. I would welcome Manning to the Skins with open arms. I mean whos to say we dont get Manning and RG3? Why not go for the now and the future! Not likely but not impossible.

The no.1 reason why we should bring Manning in. Manning would automatically make the Skins a winning team again. He would change the culture with his play and leadership. We need a star player who can actually get it done. There is no other player I can think of who could instantly bring success. His work ethic is legendary.

The rewards outweigh the risks. How you say?

Well let me see. Just because you bring in Manning does not mean we cant get RG3. If Snyder, Allen and Shanny go all out. Getting Manning and RG3 is not out of the question.

If signed before the draft. Manning could also be used as trade bait. What team wouldnt stop and think about a deal involving Manning?

We need a field general badly. Who better then future hall of famer Peyton?

As for me. I want Peyton Manning and RG3. I think we as fans deserve to get this. Maybe asking for too much? Ah.. maybe? Just a thought.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:05 pm

No team is going to bring in Manning... and use him for trade bait. The team that gets him will do so because they offer the most money. That will mean a big contract. If you want Manning, and don't win him outright... it's because you weren't willing to pay what he wanted, and ultimately, got.

In other words... why would anyone trade for him, when they could have gotten him outright, for the cost of the contract... without having to give up anything else?????

Return to General Manager's Office