The NFL Sends Confusing Messages in Salary Cap Penalties

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:19 pm

The league had to approve those deals... this is some ex post facto revisionist crap!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:19 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:From Pro football Talk:
The NFL instructed teams not to use the uncapped years as a way to dump money in order to ensure that cap numbers in years with a salary cap would be lower.
If the NFL did in fact let teams know about this, then we have the most incompetent front office in the entire league.

HOPEFULLY - IF this is true, Snyder will fire the FO and bring in somebody that knows how to manage this franchise

OR

bring back Cerrato :twisted:

lol If you fire the front office.......? Man this sucks. I thought Allen was some kind of cap guru

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:23 pm

With the deals being approves imo this on anyone other then the front office. Some bs if I've ever heard
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:25 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
The NFL instructed teams not to use the uncapped years as a way to dump money in order to ensure that cap numbers in years with a salary cap would be lower.
If the NFL did in fact let teams know about this, then we have the most incompetent front office in the entire league.

HOPEFULLY - IF this is true, Snyder will fire the FO and bring in somebody that knows how to manage this franchise

OR

THIS ^^^ was obviously for those that do not like this FO :roll:

It would seem that we got caught ... and badly ... HOWEVER ... this FO will manage this issue and keep improving this franchise
The Redskins need to have a plan for how to put a product on the field that will be consistently competitive and they need to stick with that plan - it's taken years to become as bad as we are and it will be years getting out of it

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:28 pm

This is so embarrassing.... It's saddening....

Why can't this team stop being the laughing stock of the league?! What's so difficult about it? Sigh...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:29 pm

Countertrey wrote:The league had to approve those deals... this is some ex post facto revisionist crap!

Exactly. I don't understand but I guess we will learn soon enough. They shouldn't be allowed to spring this on us now. If we really did something wrong then I guess we pay the price but why haven't we heard of this until now?

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:31 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

OR

lol If you fire the front office.......? Man this sucks. I thought Allen was some kind of cap guru

He is! He worked with in the rules. Made changes to contacts that set us up for this year, so we were in great cap condition. The NFL approved the changes to the contacts and more wants to snack down the Skins because they played the game better than the NFL.

This reminds me of a game I played one time. The team were playing made three rules so every time we got a leg up they would change the rules so we couldn't win.

The NFL is worse. They waited until after the Skins win the game, wrote the victory speech, and then as they are walking up to accept the the trophy they change the rule and say, "Ha! You thought you actually won! We changed the rules, now you lose".
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:31 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What in the living name of crap is this????!!!!! :cry: WTF,WTF,WTF,WTF,WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious; ;furious;

Move this to samck :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:33 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:

OR

THIS ^^^ was obviously for those that do not like this FO :roll:

It would seem that we got caught ... and badly ... HOWEVER ... this FO will manage this issue and keep improving this franchise

Sorry didn't catch your jest. I admit I did laugh though. :)

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:36 pm

SkinsJock wrote:It would seem that we got caught ... and badly ... HOWEVER ... this FO will manage this issue and keep improving this franchise

I don't understand this "we got caught" stuff. Everyone who follows the team knows that we took advantage of the uncapped year to clear up our books. It was in the newspapers and was supposed to be a good thing for the team. There was absolutely nothing secret about this!!!

I don't understand at all why or how the league can come back and penalize us for it. Snyder should SUE.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:36 pm

Absolute geniuses we have running things at Redskins Park...

From PFT:

Many of you (specifically, Cowboys and Redskins fans) are wondering how and why the NFL would strip millions in cap money for 2012 and/or 2013 from teams that simply took full advantage of the uncapped year.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the teams were told “at least six times” during ownership-level meetings that there would be “serious consequences” for any team that used the uncapped year as an occasion to dump salaries.

The Cowboys and Redskins engaged in “systematic dumping” of salaries into the uncapped year, despite the warnings.

As to the Saints and Raiders, who won’t lose cap space but likewise won’t get the $1.6 million per team that will be redistributed based on the cap space taken from the Redskins and Cowboys, it’s our understanding that the violations were far less severe.  For the Raiders, the dumping of salary in 2010 arose specifically from the dumping of JaMarcus Russell from the roster.
Suck and Luck

swine

Postby elprez19 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:36 pm

We always get screwed, hope theyre busy restructuring conctracts for the next 24 hours

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:40 pm

So how much is dough do we have this year?

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:42 pm

So the Skins old cap guru is on 980 and he's saying that the Skins kinda did get screwed.

Czabe wants to blame the FO so badly but the guy is kinda disproving him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:48 pm

Kilmer72 wrote:So how much is dough do we have this year?

Clayton said if we take half the hit this year, we would still have about $18 million. The $10 million puts the Cowboys over the cap so they actually got screwed more than we did it appears.
Suck and Luck

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football