Winston to the Chiefs....

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Winston to the Chiefs....

Postby TimSkin » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:58 pm

I saw we could make new posts so I figured that I would letcha all know that Eric Winston didn't even get a chance to visit DC for he signed with KC. I know we are probably gonna use the draft to focus on the OL but we really need to pick up one or two oline FAs that are proven and can play muliple positions.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ht-tackle/
HTTR!!!!!!!!!!!!

kazoo

Re: Winston to the Chiefs....

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:49 am

TimSkin wrote:I saw we could make new posts so I figured that I would letcha all know that Eric Winston didn't even get a chance to visit DC for he signed with KC. I know we are probably gonna use the draft to focus on the OL but we really need to pick up one or two oline FAs that are proven and can play muliple positions.

The odds we get a starting OL in this draft this year are almost zero. We do need one or two FA's, but we don't have to break the bank for it. I'm not saying I wouldn't have liked to have a Nicks or Winston, but our O line isn't as bad as the lamenters say. And I haven't given up on Jamaal. He had a multi year injury and inconsistent offseason medical support. He could come back this year. And our interior is decent. We need some depth. I think a Bell would be an excellent choice. Not cheap, but cheaper then Winston. An interior depth signing would be nice too.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:52 am

Damn. I was really hoping we'd pick up Winston.

I agree with Kaz, the OL is capable when at full strength but there is a serious lack of depth.

One FA and a prospect in the draft may well be enough.

Also, other players will be released over time as teams deal with cap issues and trim numbers in general. We may be adding to the OL late on.
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:42 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:Also, other players will be released over time as teams deal with cap issues and trim numbers in general. We may be adding to the OL late on.

Excellent point. We can see how Jamaal's doing and how some of the people we brought in last year are doing. Then see what our needs really are. Then when cuts come no one will have a lot of cap to throw at cut OL, so they'll be at least relatively reasonable.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Return to General Manager's Office