The NFL Sends Confusing Messages in Salary Cap Penalties

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:36 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Hopefully Snyder seeks better legal advice than he did for his lawsuit against the Washington City Paper . . . :whistle:
Welllllll.... which do YOU think has the better "Legal Department"... the Washington City Paper? Or the NFL?

Yeah... that's a bit of a step up... (he'll probably hire the Washington City Paper's team)
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:43 pm

Countertrey wrote:Yeah... that's a bit of a step up... (he'll probably hire the Washington City Paper's team)

Hahaha. "I need the best. I thought I had the best, but somehow Washington City Paper lawyers beat me. Hmmm . . . . :idea:"
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:15 am

Irn-Bru wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Yeah... that's a bit of a step up... (he'll probably hire the Washington City Paper's team)

Hahaha. "I need the best. I thought I had the best, but somehow Washington City Paper lawyers beat me. Hmmm . . . . :idea:"

Do you guys know something I don't (ok, quit laughing)? I was under the impression that Snyder dropped the law suit when he got what he wanted; an apology.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Redskins Did Nothing Wrong. All they did was spend money.

Postby riggofan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:05 pm

This story just gets more infuriating.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=j ... oys_032212

It’s hard to know which is more galling:

The fact that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is openly promoting the idea of collusion in keeping down player salaries or the fact that NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith was forced to accept it, according to sources.

As the NFLPA’s annual meeting of player representatives takes place this week in Marco Island, Fla., followed by the NFL owners meetings in Palm Beach, Fla., next week, one issue both sides must address is what appears to be an obvious case of collusion on the part of the league.

It sucks that this story is kind of getting buried beneath Manning, Saints, RGIII workout, etc; Let's keep our fingers crossed that Snyder goes to the mattresses on this one.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Re: Redskins Did Nothing Wrong. All they did was spend mone

Postby 1niksder » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:17 pm

riggofan wrote:This story just gets more infuriating.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=j ... oys_032212

It’s hard to know which is more galling:

The fact that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell is openly promoting the idea of collusion in keeping down player salaries or the fact that NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith was forced to accept it, according to sources.

As the NFLPA’s annual meeting of player representatives takes place this week in Marco Island, Fla., followed by the NFL owners meetings in Palm Beach, Fla., next week, one issue both sides must address is what appears to be an obvious case of collusion on the part of the league.

It sucks that this story is kind of getting buried beneath Manning, Saints, RGIII workout, etc; Let's keep our fingers crossed that Snyder goes to the mattresses on this one.

It won't be buried long... The Redskins should be taking some type of action "in the near future", and that team in Texas will do like wise
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:23 pm

I don't know that Snyder cares if it's public or not... as long as the 16 million cap hit for next year disappears, and 21 million in additional Cap (the stolen 16 million and 5 million in damages) shows in his war chest next year... he could care less if it's public or not.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:44 pm

But what about the players we couldn't bid on this year, because of lost cap? Where's our reparations for that? We should get a crack at any FA who has signed already, to see if we could make a better offer.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:02 pm

Deadskins wrote:But what about the players we couldn't bid on this year, because of lost cap? Where's our reparations for that? We should get a crack at any FA who has signed already, to see if we could make a better offer.

I think that's why they did it the way they did. They thought they'd lose since they're punishing us with even them saying we broke no rules, so by doing it the day before free agency we were screwed anyway.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Deadskins wrote:But what about the players we couldn't bid on this year, because of lost cap? Where's our reparations for that? We should get a crack at any FA who has signed already, to see if we could make a better offer.

Good point, but I'd settle just for having the penalty removed. There are still some players we could sign, and I'm sure the Fletcher deal would get done.

You're right though that the league has penalized us whether or not we get the cap space back or not.

Postby jwmann2 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:16 am

You can blame the GM and the rest of the front office for this crap. Mis management of funds.

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:21 am

jwmann2 wrote:You can blame the GM and the rest of the front office for this crap. Mis management of funds.

What the crud are you talking about? They did what every single team in the league SHOULD have done that season, and were in 100% compliance of EVERY actual league rule. That is not "mismanagement". They refused to participate in collusion.
Last edited by die cowboys die on Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:25 am

and, as others have stated, simple removal of the penalty is not a just remediation at this point; damage has been done in terms of players that we were not able to sign, due to the overtly deliberate timing of the penalty (the day before free agency). anything short of being awarded additional cap room next year is unacceptable.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:06 am

jwmann2 wrote:You can blame the GM and the rest of the front office for this crap. Mis management of funds.
Seriously??? You can't read this thread, and actually believe this.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:27 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:

I think that's why they did it the way they did. They thought they'd lose since they're punishing us with even them saying we broke no rules, so by doing it the day before free agency we were screwed anyway.

As part of any settlement the Redskins could ask for those 2 second round picks the Saints won't be using for damage done my losing 18M in cap space this off-season.

That would really piss poser and the Browns off :lol:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:38 am

1niksder wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

As part of any settlement the Redskins could ask for those 2 second round picks the Saints won't be using for damage done my losing 18M in cap space this off-season.

That would really piss poser and the Browns off :lol:

+1.6 million!

I love this concept. We'll take all of our money back, decrease everyone else's cap by 1.6 million next year, increase ours by the amount we were docked this year, those 2 draft picks from the saints and AN OFFICIAL I'M SORRY FROM THE LEAGUE OFFICE. I'd really like to see the Giants suffer as well for their owner's hand in this, but I'm not sure that's workable.

I want 3 pounds of flesh, not 1, for this fiasco. :explode:
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football