Saints coaches & players = BIG trouble with bounties

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:54 pm

Countertrey wrote:
DarthMonk wrote: The vast majority of action in this great game does not involve the intent to inflict pain. Almost all line play is positioning and beating a guy to a spot. <snip>DarthMonk

Really?
“I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, ‘Our coaches love you. We’re going to run it over you again and again.’ Randy wasn’t very happy, but after three or four times, he didn’t say a word.”-Jeff Bostic

Sounds a bit more brutal, to me... :wink:

CT, I keep saying: nothing done to a Cowboy can be too brutal. For instance, when, and you remember the play, "Di-rone Tab-bert" (aka "Diron Talbert") embellished a sack on Roger Staubach, a little, but turning Staubach upside down and dragging him about ten yards, head bouncing every step, well, that was not overly brutal, was it?

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:08 am

Deadskins wrote:
1niksder wrote:Sean Payton suspended 1 year.

:shock:
Who's gonna coach them this season?

A person familiar with the situation said Thursday three current assistants are strong candidates to take over in Payton's absence: Offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael Jr., defensive coordinator Steve Spagnuolo and offensive line coach Aaron Kromer.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:50 am

welch wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
DarthMonk wrote: The vast majority of action in this great game does not involve the intent to inflict pain. Almost all line play is positioning and beating a guy to a spot. <snip>DarthMonk

Really?
“I got to the line, and I said to Randy White, ‘Our coaches love you. We’re going to run it over you again and again.’ Randy wasn’t very happy, but after three or four times, he didn’t say a word.”-Jeff Bostic

Sounds a bit more brutal, to me... :wink:

CT, I keep saying: nothing done to a Cowboy can be too brutal. For instance, when, and you remember the play, "Di-rone Tab-bert" (aka "Diron Talbert") embellished a sack on Roger Staubach, a little, but turning Staubach upside down and dragging him about ten yards, head bouncing every step, well, that was not overly brutal, was it?

I never said I had a problem with the "brutality". And, frankly, I think Diron let Roger off easy... :up:

The Redskins used to be very good at getting under HIS skin, in particular. I couldn't understand it... I mean Diron was one of Roger's biggest fans! :twisted:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:13 pm

Sean Payton is looking into ask the fat man - AKA Tuna Parcells - if he would be interested in holding down the fort here for a year :shock:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:47 pm

That could be interesting.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:09 pm

The National Football League Players Association has told players involved in the Saints bounty case that they could face criminal charges.

The National Football League Players Association has hired outside counsel to represent them if needed.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:57 am

Instead of authorities getting involved in what would be misdemeanor assault crimes if anything. Maybe they should pay attention to the NFL's blatant violations of Federal Antitrust laws.

#CapPenalty
SPIT HAPPENS!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:55 am

Nothing good can come from Congress getting involved in football.

Period.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:59 am

Countertrey wrote:Nothing good can come from Congress getting involved in football.

Period.

=D>
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:45 pm

Countertrey wrote:Nothing good can come from Congress getting involved

Period.

fixed it for you :wink:
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:25 pm

I concede, SJ... yours is better.

Hog

Gregg Williams Speech

Postby ToxicSkin » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:31 am

4 min snippet of him talking to the defense b4 the playoff game against the 49ers in San Fran. I dont think he'll be back if the full 12mins has any more in it that 4min clip. stuff like "Kill Frank Gores Head" "He also told his players to try to injure receiver Michael Crabtree’s knee and said that they need to “find out” about concussions suffered by receiver Kyle Williams."
http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/redskins-talk/Williams-caught-on-tape-talking-of-injur?blockID=683300&feedID=6355
Advanced beyond all that you can hope to comprehend with 100% of your brain!

All Who Wander Are Not Lost......

Joe's#1Fan

Re: Gregg Williams Speech

Postby gibbsfan » Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:18 am

ToxicSkin wrote:4 min snippet of him talking to the defense b4 the playoff game against the 49ers in San Fran. I dont think he'll be back if the full 12mins has any more in it that 4min clip. stuff like "Kill Frank Gores Head" "He also told his players to try to injure receiver Michael Crabtree’s knee and said that they need to “find out” about concussions suffered by receiver Kyle Williams."
http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/redskins-talk/Williams-caught-on-tape-talking-of-injur?blockID=683300&feedID=6355

it saddens me to know this all went on here in washington.name calling and personal vandetta is put out on players then its got to stop.

this is one helluva mess and i just hope the skins have no part in any of this .
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

Re: Gregg Williams Speech

Postby 1niksder » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:57 pm

gibbsfan wrote:
ToxicSkin wrote:4 min snippet of him talking to the defense b4 the playoff game against the 49ers in San Fran. I dont think he'll be back if the full 12mins has any more in it that 4min clip. stuff like "Kill Frank Gores Head" "He also told his players to try to injure receiver Michael Crabtree’s knee and said that they need to “find out” about concussions suffered by receiver Kyle Williams."

it saddens me to know this all went on here in washington.name calling and personal vandetta is put out on players then its got to stop.

this is one helluva mess and i just hope the skins have no part in any of this .

The complete recording is posted in the Smack forum.

Looks like everyone will pin it all on GW

The lawyer for suspended New Orleans Saints assistant head coach Joe Vitt called indefinitely suspended defensive coordinator Gregg Williams a "rogue coach," for his role in the Saints "bounty" scandal.

Following their 90-minute appeal hearing with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, David Cornwell, Vitt's attorney, and Vitt were asked about a report on Yahoo! in which Williams was recorded telling players to target San Francisco 49ers players for injury the night before their divisional playoff game.

Cornwell said that was an example -- one of several -- of Williams going rogue. Cornwell said Payton and Loomis warned Williams that the NFL had notified the team a week earlier that it had re-opened an investigation into an alleged bounty scheme, but Williams ignored their requests to end the program.

Payton, at last week's league meetings, said he regretted being so focused on offense and not fully monitoring the defense, which Williams controlled
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Postby 1niksder » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:24 pm

..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

Return to Around the League