Luck is a Colt, per ESPN

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
Hog

Luck is a Colt, per ESPN

Postby oneman56 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:34 am

ESPN is reporting the Colts have advised Luck he's a colt. :), RGII is ours.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:41 am

Source: Colts inform Andrew Luck
Updated: April 19, 2012, 10:23 AM ET
By Adam Schefter | ESPN

The Indianapolis Colts have told Stanford quarterback Andrew Luck that they will take him with the No. 1 overall pick in the NFL draft, according to a league source.

It's unclear precisely when the Colts informed Luck, but a league source said the team has known for weeks that Luck would be its pick. His style most closely resembles that of former Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, and he is the player Indianapolis wants to rebuild around, the source said.

The Washington Redskins will take Heisman Trophy winner Robert Griffin III with the No. 2 pick in the draft, according to league sources.

Colts general manager Ryan Grigson told reporters Wednesday the Colts have a plan for the No. 1 pick, but would not disclose the team's choice.

"We've known for a little while. We've done all our due diligence," Grigson said during a 30-minute news conference. "Unless there's an unforeseen problem or something like that, we know what we're doing."

Team owner Jim Irsay repeatedly has said the Colts will choose Manning's successor with the top pick, their first No. 1 overall selection in 14 years.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/ ... ource-says
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:52 am

Support the troops, especially our snipers.

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:02 am

Thank God! RG3 will energize this town, I believe, more so than Luck would have.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:04 am

Its been said by others previously, but I agree that Luck is a better fit in Indie and Griffin is a better fit here. I think both would work great in the alternate, too, by the way.
Last edited by emoses14 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

#######

Postby The Hogster » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:08 am

Welcome to DC RG3--again. Let the games begin!
SPIT HAPPENS!!

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:10 am

Glad that we are finally getting some confirmation. I bet jersey sales will soar.

Welcome to DC, RGIII. Get ready to work! :)
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:24 am

FOR SALE

Redskins jersey, classic white with burgundy and gold trim.

Number 12 with 'LUCK' on the reverse.

$5 or nearest offer!
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:09 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Glad that we are finally getting some confirmation. I bet jersey sales will soar.

I bet you are right! Haven't bought a skins jersey since my PATRICK RAMSEY (and I had to quit wearing that because it was clearly cursed). Definitely going to have to get an RGIII.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:29 pm

There is no doubt that Andrew Luck is going to the Colts and there really never was

Luck is the better QB and will show that he's one of the best to play the game - he's that good and he's going to be great

We are so lucky to get Robert Griffin III and that is the QB that Mike wanted - why would you only trade up to the #2 slot if you wanted Luck

We said it a long time ago - Robert Griffin III is going to play QB for the Redskins

Hopefully these guys can get him ready and ensure that he gets to be the great QB he's going to be

Robert Griffin III is going to one of the best Redskins QBs EVER
always look on the bright side of life

Hail to the Redskins

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:43 am

I disagree w two things there SJ...
1. I don't think Luck is the better qb in any area.. stats from last year back rgiii aswell as a certain posing trophy he won, beating out luck of course. He also took a team that was not good before him, a long way w less talent around him.
2. And this one is rather obvious.. not much we could have offered the Colts to NOT pick at number one. A decade of picks might still have been not enough to make them take tannehill at number six. They cut manning so who's gonna fill those shoes?
It wasn't for sale.

I've thought Luck<RGIII for a long time and I'm not the only one... Hope he proves us right.
I hope this article is true but will save the bottle popping for draft night
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:23 am

sorry ckR - at this time there is no doubt that Andrew Luck will be the better NFL QB

there's no question that Andrew Luck can get ready to play NOW

RGIII may become a better NFL QB - if I had to choose, I'd take RGIII - in a few years with help, he will become better than Luck

What you see with Luck is what you get - I predict he will be great
I just don't get the feeling that he will be as exciting or as suited to the modern offenses as RGIII

Robert Griffin III is going to become the better QB BUT he is NOT better than Andrew Luck right now

Mike wants him for what he offers not for what he is

HOPEFULLY .... these guys can coach him up and help him become the great QB that he can be

Hail to the Redskins

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:26 am

I'm a little surprised that anyone really thinks that the Colts will not take Andrew Luck

are you kidding me - the ONLY way that the Colts take Robert Griffin III is if something happens to Andrew Luck

Hail to the Redskins

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:50 pm

SkinsJock wrote:sorry ckR - at this time there is no doubt that Andrew Luck will be the better NFL QB

there's no question that Andrew Luck can get ready to play NOW

RGIII may become a better NFL QB - if I had to choose, I'd take RGIII - in a few years with help, he will become better than Luck

What you see with Luck is what you get - I predict he will be great
I just don't get the feeling that he will be as exciting or as suited to the modern offenses as RGIII

Robert Griffin III is going to become the better QB BUT he is NOT better than Andrew Luck right now

Mike wants him for what he offers not for what he is

HOPEFULLY .... these guys can coach him up and help him become the great QB that he can be

In what area?
Completions? Nope
Completion percentage? Nope
Tds? Nope
Fewer ints? Nope
Rush yards? Nope
Rush Tds? Nope
Completions over 20 yards? Nope
Is Luck BETTER then RGIII? NOPE.
Point me to some game film I've missed of him clearly being the more NFL ready (what ever that means) qb.
Rgiii has been and will continue to work on footwork, reading defenses, calling audibles, and taking snaps from under center. To blindly say luck is clearly much better right now.... Is clearly blind of you :)
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:24 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:FOR SALE

Redskins jersey, classic white with burgundy and gold trim.

Number 12 with 'LUCK' on the reverse.

$5 or nearest offer!

naw man, keep it in case he does great and rg3 does crappy. but in my opinion, keep it to cut the grass or play ball with the kids because rg3 is gona be a monster
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

Return to General Manager's Office