Would You Select Him?

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!

Would you draft CB Janoris Jenkins?

No Way... Too many issues
31%
Are You Crazy... Too many other Holds
No votes
Yes... I'd take him in the 3rd Round
31%
Yes... We have another 4th
19%
Yes... But not with the first 4th round
13%
Yeah, but not before the fifth round
6%
I'd only bring him in as a UDFA
No votes

Total votes : 16
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Would You Select Him?

Postby 1niksder » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:06 pm

Most GMs have said he's no longer on their boards, and Shanahan had no problem taking Maurice Clarette late. He played well against guys like A.J. Green and Julio Jones before he was chased out of the SEC., but he's got off-the-field issues on top of off-the-field issues.

CB Janoris Jenkins is going to be available in the fourth round, the Skins have two picks in the fourth, would you draft him.

If not in the fourth when, there are rumors that he may go un-drafted because he has a history of smoking weed. The Skins have at three or four guys already in the program, what's one more.

He's a baller, check him out
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:14 pm

CB is an island, it's one of the positions I still like a guy who's a mediocre team player. I would use maybe the second fourth rounder, definitely the fifth if he passes due diligence by the scouting department that they don't think he's out of control and will be an ongoing issue.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:23 pm

We need players at many positions - I'm not against giving college players a chance

I'm really BS about guys that get a chance to play in the NFL and choose to do drugs and put that chance at risk

I cannot understand why a player would put a career in the NFL at risk by choosing to do drugs

we need many, many players and I'm not against giving kids a chance

I hope that we bring in players that are driven to do whatever it takes to be better - ESPECIALLY if that means making a committment to the FO that they have learned from the mistakes they made and will NOT put their chance to be in the NFL at risk again

that shows me the kid admits he was wrong and wants to make amends
Jay Gruden "eventually we will turn it around" I have faith in Gruden and I still think he can get things straightened out - we have a lot of work to do and it will be interesting to see how many players are willing to tough it out

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:26 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I cannot understand why a player would put a career in the NFL at risk by choosing to do drugs

I just knew he got in at least one altercation, I didn't know he did drugs too. Screw him, we don't need another guy we wonder when he's going to go bye bye on us.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:07 pm

If he is still available when we pick in the 4th round, I would definitely do it unless we have already picked a CB at three.

At the 4th round, that is not too much of an investment for a guy with his talent. If he works out, you have one of the great steals of the draft. If he doesn't, look at how many CBs don't make it at the 4th round.

the 'mudge

Re: Would You Select Him?

Postby Countertrey » Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:07 pm

1nisksder said:
1niksder wrote: Shanahan had no problem taking Maurice Clarette late.

How'd that work out?

I would not be upset if we used a 4th on him... and I would not hold my breath. We would start working on an all JJ defense.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:50 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I cannot understand why a player would put a career in the NFL at risk by choosing to do drugs

I just knew he got in at least one altercation, I didn't know he did drugs too. Screw him, we don't need another guy we wonder when he's going to go bye bye on us.

It was the alleged drug use that ran him out of Gainesville. It was rumored last week that he continued to get his buzz on in Northern Alabama.

For the record both places are college towns with pretty good bud.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:53 am

Drugs are bad. M'kay?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:40 am

Deadskins wrote:Drugs are bad. M'kay?

Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Postby 1niksder » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:51 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Drugs are bad. M'kay?

Janoris Jenkins: I’m a great father, not the only one who smokes pot

Jenkins told the Palm Beach Post that people shouldn’t have a problem with the life choices he’s made that led to four kids with three different women.

“It’s weird because I had those kids while I was playing college football and it didn’t affect me not once,” Jenkins said. “I’m proud to have my four kids. If they want to throw that in my face, so be it. Everybody has kids. Where in the book do it say you can’t have kids? It doesn’t say that in the law. I’m a great father. I’m there whenever they need me.”

:shock:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:18 pm

1niksder wrote:college towns with pretty good bud

Almost a tautology.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:45 pm

With the Rams taking him in the second round the question is now moot. Looks like Jeff hasn't learned much of a lesson from "Pacman." Second round is a bit too risky for me.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:32 am

Red_One43 wrote:With the Rams taking him in the second round the question is now moot. Looks like Jeff hasn't learned much of a lesson from "Pacman." Second round is a bit too risky for me.

I think they are nuts. There's a reason some teams suck year after year.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:23 am

Wow. Four kids.... Wow. Lol. Wow. One is crazy enough, but for while in college?

Dat #studentbodyunion
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby PickSixerTWSS » Thu May 03, 2012 6:59 am

(back to topic) I wish teams were more scared of him so if he went late 2nd round, we could move up for the 3rd, one of our 4ths, and possibly and extra 6th.
Hail Robert Griffin III!

21 Sean Taylor will never be forgotten.....

Return to General Manager's Office