College marijuana users looked at differently today

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
08 Champ
Posts: 13713
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: in RG3's corner

College marijuana users looked at differently today

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:39 am

Pot smoking in college has become so prevalent that the NFL is being forced to look at it (AND the players coming out) a little differently

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1878 ... ug-compass

The NFL is basically facing the reality that there are many college players that have used pot and been caught - they now understand the need to adjust the way they evaluate this

let's face it if the kid is not a chronic user and he has shown that he can make good decisions that will not lead to suspension for drug use by the NFL AND he's got the talent
... they are proabably going to look at that differently TODAY

getting caught for smoking weed is not as big a deal as it used to be

getting caught multiple times OR choosing to smoke weed AFTER getting caught is clearlly an indication the player is dumb and does not care

smoking weed before a situation where you clearly know you are going to be tested is just plain idiotic
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016
we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16258
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Re: College marijuana users looked at differently today

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:34 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Pot smoking in college has become so prevalent that the NFL is being forced to look at it (AND the players coming out) a little differently

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/1878 ... ug-compass

The NFL is basically facing the reality that there are many college players that have used pot and been caught - they now understand the need to adjust the way they evaluate this

let's face it if the kid is not a chronic user and he has shown that he can make good decisions that will not lead to suspension for drug use by the NFL AND he's got the talent
... they are proabably going to look at that differently TODAY

getting caught for smoking weed is not as big a deal as it used to be

getting caught multiple times OR choosing to smoke weed AFTER getting caught is clearlly an indication the player is dumb and does not care

smoking weed before a situation where you clearly know you are going to be tested is just plain idiotic

Weed smoking in college isn't any more prevalent than it used to be. It's getting more press maybe, but 90% of the people I went to college with at least tried marijuana once during their college years.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ
Posts: 13713
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: in RG3's corner

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:14 pm

The point is ONLY that there are more players doing drugs

The NFL could not care less about drug use in college - they only care about potential NFL players drug use and possible addiction

The NFL is apparently now looking at and evaluating that information differently


not earth shattering at all really :lol:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016
we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

FanFromAnnapolis
Online
Posts: 11115
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:42 pm

It'd be nice if the US just legalized it, and then the NFL could choose not to care, just like they basically don't care about alcohol unless you're running over babies while driving drunk.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 16258
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:33 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:It'd be nice if the US just legalized it, and then the NFL could choose not to care, just like they basically don't care about alcohol unless you're running over babies while driving drunk.

:idea:
That it's schedule 1 is completely idiotic. Tobacco fits the schedule 1 profile better than marijuana.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:26 am

8-[
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

---
User avatar
Posts: 18571
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:09 am

SkinsJock wrote:The point is ONLY that there are more players doing drugs



It's more than just that players are using it. Well, I wouldn't say that more people are using it. More people are getting caught and the media is bigger and crazier than ever, so it's being reported more.

That being said, there's also a cultural shift to an acceptance of it. People quite frankly dont give a d*** about it. Just legalize it already. My parents generation and older saw it as some devilish, evil of all evils. My generation couldn't care less.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:30 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:My parents generation and older saw it as some devilish, evil of all evils. My generation couldn't care less.


+ 1,000

my parents never saw anything wrong wit it though, but they're Caribbean. LOL
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

DarthMonk
Online
Posts: 4582
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:39 pm

DarthMonk wrote:Let's see - Amended Thanksgiving plans:

Sleep in. Drink a 750 of Hennepin. Rake some leaves. Drink a 750 of Chimay Grand Reserve. Rake. Eat while watching RGIII administer a drubbing to Romo and company. Tell wife to help ladies with dishes. Drink 750 of La Fin du Monde in celebration. "Talk" to the collie man. Take 2 Aleve then fall asleep during 3rd game.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

08 Champ
Posts: 13713
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: in RG3's corner

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:The point is ONLY that there are more players doing drugs



It's more than just that players are using it. Well, I wouldn't say that more people are using it. More people are getting caught and the media is bigger and crazier than ever, so it's being reported more.

That being said, there's also a cultural shift to an acceptance of it. People quite frankly dont give a d*** about it. Just legalize it already. My parents generation and older saw it as some devilish, evil of all evils. My generation couldn't care less.


agreed Chris - I was just pointing out that the stupid NFL is just getting caught up with the reality of how drugs are perceived and almost accepted TODAY :roll:

as I've said, I'm not against smoking weed - I'm against NFL players thinking they can do drugs and play or practice as well as if they were 'clean'

AND

NFL players choosing to do drugs even though they understand that they're most likely going to get suspended

the NFL rules may be archaic but they are rules

NFL players just need to say no or pay the price
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in 2016
we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

Return to Around the League