Redskins draft picks.

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:04 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:OK, Now that RGIII is drafted. What do we talk about? :)

Been anywhere nice on vacation recently.....???

:lol:

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:05 am

chiefhog44 wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Just going to ask this question.

After seeing the amount of compensation other teams gave to move up in the draft this year (i.e. - Dallas), did we give up too much for RG3?

Not if we wanted him. Cleveland was two first's ready, and reports were their 2nd as well. That's more than we gave up (considering their draft position)

+1
We could have offered less and got Tannehill at number six. I think they made the right move. The Browns gave up a 4th, 5th, and 7th to move up one spot just so no one else could leapfrog them. On draft day they could have combined those picks with their other number one to go to #2. The Skins would have had to give up even more to get who they wanted
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:04 am

Countertrey wrote:We whiffed enough to be close... =;

We whiffed on whiffing, that makes you twice as right...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:06 am

frankcal20 wrote:Just going to ask this question.

After seeing the amount of compensation other teams gave to move up in the draft this year (i.e. - Dallas), did we give up too much for RG3?

Your question is fatally flawed. We didn't trade to move up a number of spots, we moved to trade up to draft a franchise QB. There were two in the draft, 32 teams knew that. There is trading in to the top two and there is trading up. Your question is like comparing salamanders and ice cream.

You really need to analyze each trade Frank. You can't just look at it that way. Cleveland gave up little to move up from 4 to 3. Why? Because Minnesota didn't want Richardson and Cleveland knew that. So why did Cleveland pay anything? To prevent someone ELSE from trading up and grabbing Richardson. So why did Minnesota do it rather then trading the pick for more? Bird in the hand, they weren't having any serious discussions at that point, why pass on free picks for the hope of a last minute deal?

Given actually analyzing trades rather then just making a sweeping fly by statement, what actual trade makes you think we overpaid?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:30 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Cleveland gave up little to move up from 4 to 3. Why? Because Minnesota didn't want Richardson and Cleveland knew that. So why did Cleveland pay anything? To prevent someone ELSE from trading up and grabbing Richardson.

I don't agree that Cleveland gave up little; a 4th, 5th, a 7th is not little. But the real question is: would any other team trading with the Vikings for that #3 spot, have been targeting Richardson with that pick? I think the answer is no, so that make the Browns look stupid for making that deal, IMO.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:35 am

sooooooo.. is dis guy rg3 any good? i never heard of him before
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:40 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:Given actually analyzing trades rather then just making a sweeping fly by statement, what actual trade makes you think we overpaid?

I agree that we didn't overpay. But I think the Rams could have gotten better value from Dallas for the #6 pick than just a 2nd rounder. The Pies moved up 8 spots for only a #2. Compared to our trade and the Browns trade, it seems like they got a bargain.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:42 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:sooooooo.. is dis guy rg3 any good? i never heard of him before

He makes Joe Montana look like John Beck. Is that good enough for you.....??!??
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:08 am

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Given actually analyzing trades rather then just making a sweeping fly by statement, what actual trade makes you think we overpaid?

I agree that we didn't overpay. But I think the Rams could have gotten better value from Dallas for the #6 pick than just a 2nd rounder. The Pies moved up 8 spots for only a #2. Compared to our trade and the Browns trade, it seems like they got a bargain.

They thought it would cost them the 2nd and a 4th and were willing to pay it.
So much for the Browns claim that the Rams favored the Redskins, if they did they would have taken the 4th. I have heard they asked for it at the last minute but then back off, so maybe they do like the Redskins
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:17 am

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:sooooooo.. is dis guy rg3 any good? i never heard of him before

He makes Joe Montana look like John Beck. Is that good enough for you.....??!??

:lol:
but is he sexier than sexy rexy when he throws the ball is the big question
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Postby 1niksder » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:24 am

Also that #6 pick came from the Skins, the Rams traded it and now have 3 of the top 13 picks tonight. They'll trade at least one of them so they're not done.

The Redskins top ten pick was used on a defensive back.... look at the history of that combination.

The pick went to TtiT :cry: they drafted a DB :twisted: .... and left Mark Barron on the board ROTFALMAO
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:30 am

1niksder wrote:Also that #6 pick came from the Skins, the Rams traded it and now have 3 of the top 13 picks tonight. They'll trade at least one of them so they're not done.

It'd be pretty funny if they traded Dallas' #2 to us.

Hail to the Redskins!

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:33 am

I'd like to see us move up in the 2nd round somehow without losing future picks. We don't have anyone worth that much tho...
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:40 am

Deadskins wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:Cleveland gave up little to move up from 4 to 3. Why? Because Minnesota didn't want Richardson and Cleveland knew that. So why did Cleveland pay anything? To prevent someone ELSE from trading up and grabbing Richardson.

I don't agree that Cleveland gave up little; a 4th, 5th, a 7th is not little. But the real question is: would any other team trading with the Vikings for that #3 spot, have been targeting Richardson with that pick? I think the answer is no, so that make the Browns look stupid for making that deal, IMO.

Not if the Browns were nervous another team was going to trade with the Vikings. They just made that move to secure Richardson and not allow anyone to grab him.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:41 am

Deadskins wrote:

I don't agree that Cleveland gave up little; a 4th, 5th, a 7th is not little

Little in context of the situation. Trading a 4/5/7 to move from #4 to #3 is little. Trading a 4/5/7 to move from #34 to #33 would be a ton. They were willing to giving up a 1/1/2 (or more since they said they'd beat our offer) to move from #4 to #2. That is "little."

Deadskins wrote:But the real question is: would any other team trading with the Vikings for that #3 spot, have been targeting Richardson with that pick? I think the answer is no

You think that, but you don't know, it's conjecture. The Browns didn't want to guess, they wanted to be sure. RB is that type of position. You don't know that. Neither did the Browns.

Deadskins wrote:that make the Browns look stupid for making that deal, IMO.

That and $5 will buy you a cup of coffee.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football