Why Would You Draft Another QB ?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Why Would You Draft Another QB ?

Postby funsho2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:28 pm

After trading three 1st round picks for RG3? Does that make any sense....why not sign veteran Qbs to surround your young QB? Did Indy draft another Qb?

If i was RG3 i will ask for a trade right now
Last edited by funsho2 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hog

Re: Why Would You Draft Another QB ?

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:32 pm

funsho2 wrote:After trading three 1st round picks for RG3? Does that make any sense....why not sign veteran Qbs to surround your young QB? Did Indy draft another Qb?

Then you'd be a complete doughnut*. What's the matter, scared of a little competiton...????

*Please note the proper spelling
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:36 pm

funsho2 wrote:After trading three 1st round picks for RG3? Does that make any sense....why not sign veteran Qbs to surround your young QB? Did Indy draft another Qb?

If RG3 were that afraid of competing for the job with a fourth round draft pick then we should give it to him. I doubt he's that insecure.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

goskins

Postby GoSkins » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:39 pm

Skins are releasing Beck and saving $1.4mm. I like taking Cousins.

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:47 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:

Then you'd be a complete doughnut*. What's the matter, scared of a little competiton...????

This is not about competition but our priorities....We don't need a stockpile of Qbs ...we need defensive help and other positions.

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Last year cam newton sucked in the preseason....but carolina didn't have any competition with him....they gave him confidence that he was their guy ....and newton went on to have a stella season...breaking and making records.

We have a coach in shananan who sent a 2nd round pick to philly for mcnabb....gave him a huge contract....then started controversy with mcnabb and grossman.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:01 pm

GoSkins wrote:Skins are releasing Beck and saving $1.4mm. I like taking Cousins.

This. If clausen can beat out rg3ints then we cut him or trade him for the cap room. Taking the best qb in ncaaa and the best back up available we have saved money on bringing in say an Orton like dullass did. If you don't notice the trend of saving cap space then I can't help you. I applaud this pick especially w the rest of the draft adding competition at db and o line.
The rb pick has me worried about the return of Hightower tho
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:34 pm

GoSkins wrote:Skins are releasing Beck and saving $1.4mm. I like taking Cousins.
Bingo!!""
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:39 pm

funsho2 wrote:
SouthLondonRedskin wrote:

This is not about competition but our priorities....We don't need a stockpile of Qbs ...we need defensive help and other positions.

THis isn't about competion for RGIII, it is about competition for RG3Int. I seriously doubt Capt Kirk will beet out Rex this year for the backup spot, but this move is for next year!

Most NFL teams carry three QBs on their roster, we didn't last year, but most do. So we are not stockpiling QBs! We will ideally have RGIII as our starter, RG3Int as our backup, and Jame T. as the 3rd QB. Next year, again ideally, we will have RGIII as the starter and My Cousin Kirk (I was going to say Vinny - but that brings up bad memories) at the Back up!

TYhis was a VERY GOOD move.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:41 pm

There is no competition. The current plan is to prep RGIII with a goal of making him the starter as soon as he's ready. They expect that to be as early as the first game. The Turnover machine is currently projected to be the 2, and Cousins dedicated to clipboard duty, with a plan of having him be ready to be the 2 by 2013... If he has had the opportunity to flash some skills during live situations, he also becomes a commododity... available to convert from a 4th round pick in 2012, to a 2nd round pick in 2014 or 2015... no brainer.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:42 pm

skinpride1 wrote:
Bingo!!""

+1

$1.3M just to be accurate.... BUT

in 2011 The Redskins went into the season with Grossman, Beck and Compton (in that order) in 2012 the Redskins will go into the season with RGIII, Grossman, and Cousins at the worst.

I love this signing... might eat up a roster spot (Cousins won't clear waivers to make it to the PS), even if he surpasses Grossman, (we'll want a vet for at least this year.

In a year or so Cousins will be worth way more and what he cost.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:49 pm

and that wraps it up! Nothing else to see here folks... Shut it down!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Countertrey wrote:There is no competition. The current plan is to prep RGIII with a goal of making him the starter as soon as he's ready. They expect that to be as early as the first game. The Turnover machine is currently projected to be the 2, and Cousins dedicated to clipboard duty, with a plan of having him be ready to be the 2 by 2013... If he has had the opportunity to flash some skills during live situations, he also becomes a commododity... available to convert from a 4th round pick in 2012, to a 2nd round pick in 2014 or 2015... no brainer.

An added advantage to this is that the Redskins can cut Beck and put Cousins on the practice squad. Like many here, I wondered why the Redskins would take another quarterback. After thinking about it, it seems to be a good move. Cousins goes to the practice squad with RGIII and Grossman as the quarterbacks for this year. Cousins gets a year or 2 on the practice squad and then Grossman is gone. The Redskins then have 2 young quarterbacks and are set for 10 - 12 years.

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:24 pm

Uh oh...colts drafted a qb. Qb contraversy! Why would you do that to Andrew luck? They have so many more holes to fill....THE SKY IS FALLING!

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Uh oh...colts drafted a qb. Qb contraversy! Why would you do that to Andrew luck? They have so many more holes to fill....THE SKY IS FALLING!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football