Why Would You Draft Another QB ?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:29 pm

According to Profootball.com, the Redskins have cut Beck. That leaves RGIII, Grossman, Cousins and Crompton on the roster.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:44 pm

funsho2 wrote:Last year cam newton sucked in the preseason....but carolina didn't have any competition with him....they gave him confidence that he was their guy ....and newton went on to have a stella season...breaking and making records.

We have a coach in shananan who sent a 2nd round pick to philly for mcnabb....gave him a huge contract....then started controversy with mcnabb and grossman.

I always find anecdotal arguments to be so compelling....

Dude, chill. RG3 will have competition his whole career. He'll be fine. It makes no sense that he's sweating that we traded 3 #1's and a #2 for him...then drafted a QB in the...wait for it...FOURTH round. Chill, seriously.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:46 pm

aswas71788 wrote:An added advantage to this is that the Redskins can cut Beck and put Cousins on the practice squad

Actually that is the downside. We can't put Cousins on the practice squad, he'd be picked up. Remember we can't protect them, he has to be on the roster. This pretty much guarantees barring injury our QBs are RG3, RG1 and Cousins.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:18 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
aswas71788 wrote:An added advantage to this is that the Redskins can cut Beck and put Cousins on the practice squad

Actually that is the downside. We can't put Cousins on the practice squad, he'd be picked up. Remember we can't protect them, he has to be on the roster. This pretty much guarantees barring injury our QBs are RG3, RG1 and Cousins.

True, forgot about that. I still think it was a good pick.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Goodness, do you people even watch football....?
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Re: Why Would You Draft Another QB ?

Postby the poster » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:32 pm

THis isn't about competion for RGIII, it is about competition for RG3Int. I seriously doubt Capt Kirk will beet out Rex this year for the backup spot, but this move is for next year!

so another words, they used a high 4 th round pick to draft a guy who they hope to be the backup qb for 2013.....

instead they could have used that puck on a potential starting RT, NT, or player at a number or weak positions who actually gets on the field and contributes to special teams....

this is why the redskins are a perennial last place team and their fans are sheep.

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:07 pm

Oh....darn, the POSER is back.

I thought we had whipped you hard enough to put your tail between your legs......
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:19 pm

It's like an Insurance Policy in the QB dept. Heck we've had qb troubles for decades, right..???

Here's Shanny's take:

Shanahan said that he told Cousins, “I couldn’t pass you up.”

“Sure he knows he’s going to be a backup,” Shanahan said. “But he’s only one play away or two plays away from being the starter.”

Soon after the selection of Cousins, the Redskins released John Beck, who started three games at quarterback last year. Shanahan explained that the wanted to give Beck as much time as possible to find a new team.

With the selections of Griffin and Cousins, the Redskins became the first team since 1988 to draft two quarterbacks in the first four rounds of the draft. Quarterback has been a problem area for the team for years and it is not surprising that multiple players would be picked there.

http://www.realredskins.com/

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:28 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:Oh....darn, the POSER is back.

I thought we had whipped you hard enough to put your tail between your legs......

I think the poser thinks he will make some of us see the light or something like that. You know because we are all blind and stupid for being redskins fans. He is here to save us

tribe

Postby tribeofjudah » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:30 pm

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:

I think the poser thinks he will make some of us see the light or something like that. You know because we are all blind and stupid for being redskins fans. He is here to save us

To Enlighten us and take us out of Bondage and into the Promise Land...ahahaha

Foolish Mortal

Hog

Postby the poster » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:42 pm

no. you are sheep. I'd they drafted a tin can, you would defend it. ur not stupid for being a redskin fan, youre just incapable of being a man with your own thoughts.

I think you're used to losing,

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:56 pm

funsho2 wrote:Did Indy draft another Qb?

ROTFALMAO uh yes they did actually. Is this post not the dumbest thing?
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:00 pm

the poster wrote:

no. you are sheep. I'd they drafted a tin can, you would defend it. ur not stupid for being a redskin fan, youre just incapable of being a man with your own thoughts.

I think you're used to losing,

Where have I defended any of the draft picks?

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:06 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:

ROTFALMAO uh yes they did actually. Is this post not the dumbest thing?

Indy is the one that actually needs a backup....name the qbs on their roster right now without googling?

Plus the colts didn't send 2 future first round picks and a 2nd round pick to get a QB...did they?

You already lost 3 future picks on a guy you want to build your future around...why not sign quality veterans to back him up...why waste the few picks you have left on another qb....when u can fill some holes on your team.

How nobody is saying if andrew luck gets hurt....nobody said that last year about cam newton....but he was stella right?.....You are already thinking injury....what a f'd up mentality we have on this board.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:20 pm

#-o Yes, yes they did.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football