Why Would You Draft Another QB ?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**ch44

Re: Why Would You Draft Another QB ?

Postby chiefhog44 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:22 pm

funsho2 wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:
funsho2 wrote:Did Indy draft another Qb?

ROTFALMAO uh yes they did actually. Is this post not the dumbest thing?

Indy is the one that actually needs a backup....name the qbs on their roster right now without googling?

Plus the colts didn't send 2 future first round picks and a 2nd round pick to get a QB...did they?

You already lost 3 future picks on a guy you want to build your future around...why not sign quality veterans to back him up...why waste the few picks you have left on another qb....when u can fill some holes on your team.

How nobody is saying if andrew luck gets hurt....nobody said that last year about cam newton....but he was stella right?.....You are already thinking injury....what a f'd up mentality we have on this board.

Backups are and I didn't google so I'm probably wrong
Drew Stanton
Curtis Painter
The other QB drafted today
Maybe another guy

Yeah you're right, let's not plan for the event of our QB going down while developing trade bait. I think that strategy is called the 2011 Colts.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:24 pm

funsho2 wrote:If i was RG3 i will ask for a trade right now

And if I was Mike Shanahan, I'd trade you right now.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:26 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:
funsho2 wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:

Indy is the one that actually needs a backup....name the qbs on their roster right now without googling?

Plus the colts didn't send 2 future first round picks and a 2nd round pick to get a QB...did they?

You already lost 3 future picks on a guy you want to build your future around...why not sign quality veterans to back him up...why waste the few picks you have left on another qb....when u can fill some holes on your team.

How nobody is saying if andrew luck gets hurt....nobody said that last year about cam newton....but he was stella right?.....You are already thinking injury....what a f'd up mentality we have on this board.

Drew Stanton
Curtis Painter
Maybe another guy

Yeah you're right, let's not plan for the event of our QB going down while developing trade bait. I think that strategy is called the 2011 Colts.

Only drew stanton is right in your post .... :roll:

Hog

Postby the poster » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:44 pm

what I don't understand, is during the lead up to their first 4th round selection, how come ZERO people on this website have any posts saying "boy, I hope they take Kirk cousins with this pick, it would be a smart move."

no one said that. note. you all did mention other players you wanted....only after the pick do you mention it as good .

what good sheep you are.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:45 pm

funsho2 wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:
funsho2 wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:

Drew Stanton
Curtis Painter
Maybe another guy

Only drew stanton is right in your post .... :roll:

I don't know why I like to totally school you, but again, you are incorrect. They drafted a QB today, and now that I looked it up, his name is Chandler Harnish and they do have another guy on the squad and his name is Trevor Vittatoe. Be gone please
Miss you 21

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:48 pm

funsho2 wrote:You already lost 3 future picks on a guy you want to build your future around...why not sign quality veterans to back him up...why waste the few picks you have left on another qb....when u can fill some holes on your team.

Because quality QBs don't grow on trees. Why not use quality veterans to fill these other holes you speak of, and use the few picks we have left on the highest quality players available?

Hail to the Redskins!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:51 pm

Deadskins wrote:
funsho2 wrote:You already lost 3 future picks on a guy you want to build your future around...why not sign quality veterans to back him up...why waste the few picks you have left on another qb....when u can fill some holes on your team.

Because quality QBs don't grow on trees. Why not use quality veterans to fill these other holes you speak of, and use the few picks we have left on the highest quality players available?

It's like shooting fish in a cup with this guy
Miss you 21

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:53 pm

the poster wrote:what I don't understand, is during the lead up to their first 4th round selection, how come ZERO people on this website have any posts saying "boy, I hope they take Kirk cousins with this pick, it would be a smart move."

no one said that. note. you all did mention other players you wanted....only after the pick do you mention it as good .

what good sheep you are.

I'm still waiting on you to show me where I defended any of the picks the redskins made.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:14 pm

USA Today

But here are a few reasons to like Cousins in burgundy and gold:

1.Teams often get into trouble by drafting for need rather than taking the best player on the board. Some scouts thought Cousins was a second-round talent, so this appears to be a value pick in terms of player quality. Kudos to the Redskins scouting department, which has had its share of fumbles in the last decade, for having the courage of its convictions.

2.RGIII likes to run. He will take some hits in the coming years. Why not ensure you have a player you like more than the backups currently on the depth chart ready to go if Griffin is injured? And can Cousins really do much worse than Rex Grossman or John Beck (who was released Saturday) did in 2011?

3.Ideally, it's nice to pair an up-and-coming rookie signal caller with a savvy veteran who already knows the playbook. To that end, Grossman will be around for a year and could help in the tutorial department, though he still fancies himself an NFL starter. The only other available veteran we can think of who has a good working knowledge of the Washington playbook is Matt Leinart, though he seems headed to the Raiders. Why not let Griffin III and Cousins -- who are both lauded for their intelligence, leadership skills, study habits and team-first attitudes -- digest Kyle Shanahan's offense together (with Grossman's help in 2012) before leaning on each other into the future?

4.RGIII is clearly the long-term future and face of this franchise. But Cousins may very well become a reliable backup who potentially flashes starting-caliber skills at some point. If that's the case, perhaps he could be spun off a la Matt Cassel, Kevin Kolb or Matt Schaub for high-end draft picks in the future.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities ... -cousins/1

swine

Postby JiveTurkee » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:41 pm

Drafting Cousins was a smart move. It gives them protection against injury. (Sorry John Beck didn't cut it). And if RGIII goes down and Cousins shines, then he would get offers from other teams and the Redskins could trade for some draft picks in the future. Jimmy Johnson did it in '89 w/Aikman and Walsh. Then traded Walsh away for some draft picks. Someone brought up Lynn Dickey and Dan Pastorini. Same thing.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:58 pm

the poster wrote:what I don't understand, is during the lead up to their first 4th round selection, how come ZERO people on this website have any posts saying "boy, I hope they take Kirk cousins with this pick, it would be a smart move."

what good sheep you are.

Quite a few people wanted more than one QB drafted, those same people will still be here when you have stopped trolling.

FYI:We have a excellent search engine on this site, you might try using it before saying what no one here has said.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

piggie

Postby FireVinny » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:30 am

Am I required to have an extreme opinion on this?

I haven't heard anyone or read any posts by anyone who thinks this was just a so-so pick. I don't love the pick, but I get the rationale, and I think it might work out OK. Am I allowed to have such a neutral opinion?

(I don't love Cousins, and I think he's a 4th/5th round talent, not a 2nd/3rd round talent... if I thought more of Cousins, I would think more of this pick.)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:01 am

FireVinny wrote:Am I required to have an extreme opinion on this?

I haven't heard anyone or read any posts by anyone who thinks this was just a so-so pick. I don't love the pick, but I get the rationale, and I think it might work out OK. Am I allowed to have such a neutral opinion?

:roll:
Please! There is a troll and one extremely negative opinion, but I have yet to see the other end of the spectrum. Your view is right in line with the vast majority here.

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:34 am

JiveTurkee wrote:Drafting Cousins was a smart move. It gives them protection against injury. (Sorry John Beck didn't cut it). And if RGIII goes down and Cousins shines, then he would get offers from other teams and the Redskins could trade for some draft picks in the future. Jimmy Johnson did it in '89 w/Aikman and Walsh. Then traded Walsh away for some draft picks. Someone brought up Lynn Dickey and Dan Pastorini. Same thing.

The question is how come we didn't hear this with carolina when they drafted newton...knowing he can run too....they freaking had jimmy clausen as his backup for God sake ....how come we don't hear about this with andrew luck....Its like you guys are foreseeing Rg3 going down ,...i mean wtf...the rationale doesn't make any sense...with the amount of QBs redskins have had over the years i am sure we could have found a good insurance policy QB to be a backup.....It is not a priority that is my point and you guys keep defending the pick.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:44 am

funsho2 wrote:
JiveTurkee wrote:Drafting Cousins was a smart move. It gives them protection against injury. (Sorry John Beck didn't cut it). And if RGIII goes down and Cousins shines, then he would get offers from other teams and the Redskins could trade for some draft picks in the future. Jimmy Johnson did it in '89 w/Aikman and Walsh. Then traded Walsh away for some draft picks. Someone brought up Lynn Dickey and Dan Pastorini. Same thing.

The question is how come we didn't hear this with carolina when they drafted newton...knowing he can run too....they freaking had jimmy clausen as his backup for God sake ....how come we don't hear about this with andrew luck....Its like you guys are foreseeing Rg3 going down ,...i mean wtf...the rationale doesn't make any sense...with the amount of QBs redskins have had over the years i am sure we could have found a good insurance policy QB to be a backup.....It is not a priority that is my point and you guys keep defending the pick.

Last year Grossman was benched just long enough for people to want to see Grossman under center.

Everyone yells about holes that needed to be filled, look at the whole picture. Not only did the Redskins need a starting QB they needed a backup too. They got them both in the same draft.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football