Why Would You Draft Another QB ?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 01, 2012 5:46 pm

BG3 wrote:No matter how you spin this, it was an extremely dumb move, especially when considering the other areas that needed immediate attention.

Shanahan & Son don't trust that RG3 is a sure thing nearly as much as Allen & Snyder do.

RG3 was Bruce & Danny's pick... Cousins was Mike & Kyle's pick. Simple as that.
Yo... BG3... aka BizzyB... Busted...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 01, 2012 5:48 pm

Y'all are good... it's a troll double... just not who you thought!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue May 01, 2012 6:02 pm

I'd draft another QB because our OL is softer than diarrhea doodoo and we'll need a good backup.

Of course we have the BEST backup wit Sexy Rexy but we need yutes too!

:D

Look, I can't keep giving you guys the answer, you have to think for yourselves sometimes. :wink:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 01, 2012 6:49 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Look, I can't keep giving you guys the answer, you have to think for yourselves sometimes. :wink:

DC dank really THAT good? Goshdang good to kno, coulda gone and smoked myself retarded or something lmao
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue May 01, 2012 7:23 pm

rskin72 wrote:God, now race is an issue with drafting Cousins?

OK, Rskin, I am with you on this one. That was absolutely baseless and ridiculous for Bayless to bring up race concerning Cousin's being drafted.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue May 01, 2012 7:40 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Look, I can't keep giving you guys the answer, you have to think for yourselves sometimes. :wink:

DC dank really THAT good? Goshdang good to kno, coulda gone and smoked myself retarded or something lmao

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Doug Farrar, Shutdown Corner
Washington Redskins — Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State (102nd pick overall) — Yes, the questions came fast when the Redskins became the first team to select two quarterbacks in the first four rounds since 1989, but the pick makes sense in one way — Robert Griffin III is bigger and stronger than Michael Vick, but quarterbacks who run around a lot tend to get hit a lot, and they tend to get hurt as a result. The Redskins will need a coachable and reliable backup who can come in, Ty Detmer/Jeff Garcia-style sub who can come in and help win the odd game as a spot starter. Does that sound like Rex Grossman to you? Cousins needs some help keeping it together under pressure, but he's halfway to being the ideal West Coast offense backup.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 10512.html

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:41 pm

Shanahan on quarterback Kirk Cousins’ backup role with the Redskins:

“You’re right, but there are injuries. I’ve lost five tailbacks in three games. I’ve lost two tight ends as we did this year. I’ve lost three or four offensive linemen, and you’re two plays away from being the starter. We have to have depth on a football team to win and you want quality. So if you see a guy, a quality player that you can get in the fourth round like we did, that is one or two plays away from being the starter, hopefully it doesn’t happen, but you ought to be prepared if it does. Getting a chance to know [Cousins], to know what type of guy he is, to know what he brings to the table, I thought it was a steal for us at that position. With as many draft choices that we were able to get throughout the draft, I was pleased at the end result.

Shanahan on what he told Cousins before he drafted him:

“I told him, ‘I know you know that we obtained Robert,’ and that he was going to be our quarterback. He’s our franchise quarterback. He’s our quarterback of the future. Kirk Cousins is a very smart guy. I told him that I couldn’t pass him up. You’re in the fourth round and it’s the third day, I said, ‘you want to put your best football team together.’ The question was asked, ‘well does he know he’s going to be a backup?’ Sure he knows he’s going to be a backup, but you’re one play away or two plays away from being the starter. You never know what’s going to happen in the National Football League. I’m hoping Robert, for the next 10 years, never misses a game, and we keep our fingers crossed that that happens. I know what Robert has the capabilities of doing, and we’re going to give him the supporting cast where he can go in and get it done. That’s my job, to give him the best players to go out there and obviously execute our game plan, and hopefully he will be able to do that.”

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandle ... draft.html[/quote]

Hog

Postby the poster » Tue May 01, 2012 9:09 pm

the pick is getting panned in a lot places....it simply was a dumb decision. it's not shanahans first dumb decision with qbs in Washington either.......there's precedent here...he's already made MULTIPle mistakes at qb in two short seasons, so picking on this pick absolutely has justification.

watch video, starting at 22:00

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/po ... video.html

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:31 pm

the poster wrote:the pick is getting panned in a lot places....it simply was a dumb decision. it's not shanahans first dumb decision with qbs in Washington either.......there's precedent here...he's already made MULTIPle mistakes at qb in two short seasons, so picking on this pick absolutely has justification.

watch video, starting at 22:00

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/po ... video.html
Omg Poster... You and Lavatory arrington are right Shanny is the worst Qb talent finder ever. How could we be so stupid thank god we got you around. Total waste we should have never cut John Beck.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Skinpride... Fail...

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:44 pm

Countertrey wrote:Skinpride... Fail...
Think a little Trey ...in reverse physiological to speak. :wink:

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 01, 2012 9:46 pm

Fail. The ONLY way to deal with a troll is to ignore. Trust me. Don't feed the troll.

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Tue May 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Countertrey wrote:Fail. The ONLY way to deal with a troll is to ignore. Trust me. Don't feed the troll.
Just ban him then. That take care of the troll.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 01, 2012 10:05 pm

skinpride1 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Fail. The ONLY way to deal with a troll is to ignore. Trust me. Don't feed the troll.
Just ban him then. That take care of the troll.

NO!!

it's simple :lol:

It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football