Why Would You Draft Another QB ?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Tue May 01, 2012 10:40 pm

I don't understand the uproar over taking Cousins. We were going to carry 3 QBs. He's better than Beck. We got better by taking him. He's the 3rd string QB, but he's smart enough to get up to speed in a year or so. I see no controversy.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 10998
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue May 01, 2012 11:15 pm

skinpride1 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:Fail. The ONLY way to deal with a troll is to ignore. Trust me. Don't feed the troll.
Just ban him then. That take care of the troll.


THN has house rules that we ask everyone to follow. Provided people are posting within those boundaries, they aren't going to be warned, much less banned.

Why not? Well, just like there are standards for board members, THN holds itself to certain standards too. :up: This is the kind of place where people speak their mind: always has been, always will be.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

CKRGiii
Posts: 4200
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue May 01, 2012 11:46 pm

How much rules must a trollmo break before being... Ah never mind, ya pretty much gotta pull an rf.
Two posters banned in Thn.net history? Right?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 02, 2012 3:41 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:How much rules must a trollmo break before being... Ah never mind, ya pretty much gotta pull an rf.
Two posters banned in Thn.net history? Right?

And RF is not one of them.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10195
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed May 02, 2012 6:14 am

The Hogster wrote:I don't understand the uproar over taking Cousins. We were going to carry 3 QBs. He's better than Beck. We got better by taking him. He's the 3rd string QB, but he's smart enough to get up to speed in a year or so. I see no controversy.


The whole thing has been silly. OMG, we used three #1's and a #2 to draft a quarterback and took another one in the fourth round. Controversy! Obviously we meant them to compete! What other reason could there be! Yeah. Then we turn around and cut Glen Beck, showing who Cousins was competing with. The third stringer. Which was really a no-duh anyway.

:-k Glen Beck? That doesn't sound right. Maybe it was Jeff Beck. Or was it Stein Beck. :hmm:

Who cares, none of them are Redskins, over it...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

kazoo
Posts: 10195
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Wed May 02, 2012 6:16 am

Deadskins wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:How much rules must a trollmo break before being... Ah never mind, ya pretty much gotta pull an rf.
Two posters banned in Thn.net history? Right?

And RF is not one of them.


Not if you believe in reincarnation. RF is Pods, dude. Same schtick as the other Pods incarnations, not sure why you're defending that.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 02, 2012 7:25 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:How much rules must a trollmo break before being... Ah never mind, ya pretty much gotta pull an rf.
Two posters banned in Thn.net history? Right?

And RF is not one of them.


Not if you believe in reincarnation. RF is Pods, dude. Same schtick as the other Pods incarnations, not sure why you're defending that.

Not saying RF isn't PODS, just that PODS didn't get banned.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15881
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 02, 2012 7:29 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote: :-k Glen Beck? That doesn't sound right. Maybe it was Jeff Beck. Or was it Stein Beck. :hmm:

Or just... Beck. He can always fall back on his music career. :wink:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 10998
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed May 02, 2012 7:55 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:How much rules must a trollmo break before being... Ah never mind, ya pretty much gotta pull an rf.

Actually, he's not been banned. ;)

Two posters banned in Thn.net history? Right?

I think there have been one or two more than that by now. But suffice it to say, anyone who gets banned has worked extremely hard to earn it over a long period of time.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

---
User avatar
Posts: 18570
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:55 pm
Location: AJT

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 02, 2012 8:09 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Two posters banned in Thn.net history? Right?




But people could hold themselves accountable and not even respond to it. But accountability is a lost trait, lol.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog
Online
User avatar
Posts: 1925
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:36 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Postby emoses14 » Wed May 02, 2012 9:24 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I don't understand the uproar over taking Cousins. We were going to carry 3 QBs. He's better than Beck. We got better by taking him. He's the 3rd string QB, but he's smart enough to get up to speed in a year or so. I see no controversy.


The whole thing has been silly. OMG, we used three #1's and a #2 to draft a quarterback and took another one in the fourth round. Controversy! Obviously we meant them to compete! What other reason could there be! Yeah. Then we turn around and cut Glen Beck, showing who Cousins was competing with. The third stringer. Which was really a no-duh anyway.

:-k Glen Beck? That doesn't sound right. Maybe it was Jeff Beck. Or was it Stein Beck. :hmm:

Who cares, none of them are Redskins, over it...


Its just plain dumb to have back up quarterbacks that can perform serviceably or even admirably in a back up role. Who does that knowing that starting quarterbacks never miss a play in the NFL? I mean, look at Brett Favre's career!

[/sarcasm]
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ
Posts: 13052
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 02, 2012 10:05 am

This franchise needs to continue with the process of adding players

we have many needs still AND we'll need to continue adding more players

this is the NFL



ALL of the doubting and questioning of player moves and this FO GOES AWAY when (NOT IF) this franchise has success both on the field and in the playoffs

there is NO WAY that happens in the next few months

PATIENCE - all will see the results of what can be achieved by having a good (great?) FO in place here


we are getting there and there is NO DOUBT about that :D
Last edited by SkinsJock on Wed May 02, 2012 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

~~~~~~
Posts: 10208
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:59 am
Location: Canada

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed May 02, 2012 11:27 am

Interesting EXPLANATION in writing and video.

I had my doubts at first, particularly with available players at positions of need but we must remember that FA is not over yet. :wink:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Wed May 02, 2012 12:25 pm

People forget that we have Rex Grossman as the veteran backup. Now is the perfect time to teach this offense to the eventual #2 since the team will be teaching it to RG3 this year anyway. What sense does it make to let Grossman go next year, and draft a QB then? You'd have no veteran presence on the bench with the young guy, helping him along, watching the game, reviewing photos, in the film room. This move allows Grossman to become a mentor to both young guys, and eventually give way to Cousins--whom we expect to be a better option than Grossman.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Wed May 02, 2012 12:32 pm

The Hogster wrote:People forget that we have Rex Grossman as the veteran backup. Now is the perfect time to teach this offense to the eventual #2 since the team will be teaching it to RG3 this year anyway. What sense does it make to let Grossman go next year, and draft a QB then? You'd have no veteran presence on the bench with the young guy, helping him along, watching the game, reviewing photos, in the film room. This move allows Grossman to become a mentor to both young guys, and eventually give way to Cousins--whom we expect to be a better option than Grossman.

+1
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football