Why Would You Draft Another QB ?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu May 03, 2012 9:42 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:you cannot mask your IP unless you can do it from the other side of your ISP.

1) Your IP address can change. Your ISP will try to assign you the same number but they don't always.

2) When Freak mentioned anonymizer sites absolutely you can hide your IP. Basically you connect to their servers and they connect to the Hogs so The Hogs doesn't know your IP address.

3) You can have multiple ISPs and change ISPs.

4) Not only is there home and work, but you can use a library network, boyfriend, girldfriend, parents, ...

5) Now with WiFi you can go to a hot spot.

Its not just that your IP address CAN change. Its that it most likely WILL change.

Pretty much nobody has a static IP address on their personal computer anymore, especially home users. If you're on FIOS or Comcast or whatever, you get a dynamically assigned IP address. The IP may stay the same for a short while, but it will change at some point. You actually have to pay considerably more (and get a business account in most cases) to have a static IP address.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Thu May 03, 2012 9:50 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I'm just as if not more excited then the next guy to see RGIII this play this season.. but I'd be a liar if I said I'm not getting excited to see how wow causins can do in preseason.

That's a great point, man. I'd love to see Cousins light it up in preseason and have all of the media idiots backpedaling. He's got a good chance of doing that if he sees a lot of 4th quarter action like you would expect.

Also, I get the mentoring/experience aspect of keeping Grossman around, but I wonder at what point does he actually become expendable? Clearly you want him around during OTAs, training camp and pre-season.

I know its highly unlikely, but I'd have no problem with Rexy not making the final roster. :) We know we're going into the season with a rookie QB anyway, and we're going to have some growing pains. Why not groom our rookie backup QB at the same time?

Hog

Postby Mississippiskinsfan2 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:58 am

Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Mississippiskinsfan2 wrote:Most of us hopes RG3 starts the season as the starter so we all must be willing to deal with up and down play that comes with having a rookie QB starting. Knowing there will be up and down play with RG3 I would be fine with a rookie QB backing him up "IF" he can show he can play just as good or better than Rex. We put up with Rex's up and down play last year so why not just keep two rookies who should get better with playing time. Maybe I'm just thinking crazy but I think it would work out just the same.

It's not just having a veteran to back up RG3 but having a veteran to mentor the two kiddie poos. No way we go with two rookies. You can bookmark this post and nail me if we do. No freaking way. None. Zero.

I didn't say it would happen just saying I would feel fine with it if that's the way it turned out. The players get paid to play and the coaches get paid to show them how to do it. Us fans make more out of the mentoring stuff than there really is. And yes I know it helps to have someone there who has being doing it for a few years but in the end its the coaches job to make sure the players are ready. I think we will have 3 QB to start the season but if they needed a body somewhere else I would feel just as good with two rookies QBs as I would with RG3 and Rex

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu May 03, 2012 11:52 am

riggofan wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
Deadskins wrote:you cannot mask your IP unless you can do it from the other side of your ISP.

1) Your IP address can change. Your ISP will try to assign you the same number but they don't always.

2) When Freak mentioned anonymizer sites absolutely you can hide your IP. Basically you connect to their servers and they connect to the Hogs so The Hogs doesn't know your IP address.

3) You can have multiple ISPs and change ISPs.

4) Not only is there home and work, but you can use a library network, boyfriend, girldfriend, parents, ...

5) Now with WiFi you can go to a hot spot.

Its not just that your IP address CAN change. Its that it most likely WILL change.

Pretty much nobody has a static IP address on their personal computer anymore, especially home users. If you're on FIOS or Comcast or whatever, you get a dynamically assigned IP address. The IP may stay the same for a short while, but it will change at some point. You actually have to pay considerably more (and get a business account in most cases) to have a static IP address.

Just a heads up that I'm responding to this in the "why doesn't THN ban posters who piss me off" thread since that was created for this.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:15 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7486/kirk-cousins

Thanks, I've been wondering when we'd start hearing from legitimate experts. You know the ones whose job it is to actually know football and make decisions. And not the ones whose job it is to talk all day about football for the consumption of the masses.

Frankly, I only care about our team's decision maker's opinions, followed by football peoples' opinion. I give not one care about pundits, talking heads, and whatever Mel Kiper is.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu May 03, 2012 4:37 pm

Mel Kiper is a hair stylist

Our FO/scouts made a decision to take a QB because they thought he would be able to help this franchise

Before the draft, our greatest need was at QB - we drafted RG3 :up:
we ALSO drafted Cousins .. in the hope that we NEVER need to see Grossman play QB here again

we now have depth at the QB position - that cannot be a bad thing
Hail to the Redskins

Postby skinsfan#33 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:51 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Mel Kiper is a hair stylist

Our FO/scouts made a decision to take a QB because they thought he would be able to help this franchise

Before the draft, our greatest need was at QB - we drafted RG3 :up:
we ALSO drafted Cousins .. in the hope that we NEVER need to see Grossman play QB here again

we now have depth at the QB position - that cannot be a bad thing

Correct. This isn't s Brad Johnson / Jeff George situation! Rg3 is top self liquor and Cousins is rail liquor. Both could get you drink just as fast, but if you spent $500 on 30 year old Scotch your not drinking Johny Walker if you have both.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 03, 2012 7:03 pm

SkinsJock wrote:Mel Kiper is a hair stylist

No, he needs a hair stylist. He's had the same do forever.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby funsho2 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:30 pm

How do you know cousins will be good? ahahahaha...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu May 03, 2012 11:15 pm

What's your point?

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri May 04, 2012 1:33 am

Bom....
Roasted.

Fun sho... Is he.. or she... A puke, I mean troll, I mean trollmo?
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 04, 2012 7:46 am

Doesn't seem to be. There was a time when he posted positive stuff about the Skins. On the other hand, he is from Dallas...

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby the poster » Sun May 06, 2012 11:25 am

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun May 06, 2012 12:22 pm

the poster wrote:http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/04/30/elfin-bringing-cousins-into-the-family-was-a-colossal-mistake/

Elfin wrote that because he was way off base with his draft predictions and the pick caught him off guard. You posted a week old link because you're pissed that your team (them guys you're too ashamed to publicly acknowledge, and will more than likely start a rookie that's older than the veteran he will be replacing) wasn't good enough to move up to get.

Let us know when you have something relevant.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football