Post-Draft Depth Chart

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon May 07, 2012 2:03 pm

Slow day at the rest home, I see. :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon May 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Deadskins wrote:Slow day at the rest home, I see. :twisted:

someone had me eating prunes and then 'misplaced' my walker

i'm irritable and you're always an easy target :evil:

the short term memory is the first to suffer - in the case of the Redskins roster that's a good thing :)
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon May 07, 2012 7:36 pm

SkinsJock wrote:the short term memory is the first to suffer

I know about that! :whistle:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue May 08, 2012 9:14 am

From the Keim article that Red1 posted in the Griffin improvement thread.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sports/re ... sis/581011

Free agent corner Chase Minnifield said he had no idea his microfracture surgery in January took him off teams’ draft boards. “It was the longest weekend of my life,” Minnifield said of last week’s draft. “I didn’t realize teams took me off until after the draft was over. … But my game will speak for itself when it’s all said and done.”

As others have said, I'm fully on board with this guy being the biggest surprise of this "Draft" class either just after or tied with Robinson a few years down the road.

Third-round pick Josh LeRibeus spent almost all of his time working at center, after having played guard at SMU. His college coach, June Jones, said that’s the position he ultimately thinks LeRibeus will play because of his smarts. “He picked it up in one day like he’s been doing it his whole career,” Shanahan said

Again, I can see this guy pushing for playing time at C by the end of the year and moving Monty to back up or over to a stiff competition with Lichtensteiger. In any event, I think he is going to bolster the interior of our line depth wise from game 1.

I actually think the line is going to be vastly improved depth wise and in terms of competition for the starting slots.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 08, 2012 11:13 am

What I like about the players coming onto our O-line... most seem to have a rep of playing with a chip... like somebody said something bad about momma... These are guys who will take getting beat very personally...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue May 08, 2012 11:26 am

Deadskins wrote:

Short term what?
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue May 08, 2012 11:27 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Deadskins wrote:

Short term what?
:D
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 08, 2012 1:05 pm

Countertrey wrote:What I like about the players coming onto our O-line... most seem to have a rep of playing with a chip... like somebody said something bad about momma... These are guys who will take getting beat very personally...

just to add to that - we all know how important having a good offensive line can be and to have quality depth is equally important

this line is just starting to come together and as the QB grows into the great one he's going to be .... so will these guys

this is exciting times for all of us

I'm not expecting miracles but .... the offense and defense will be a lot better than last season
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football