Where can RGIII improve?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Mon May 07, 2012 3:38 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:But PulpExposure, I think you are missing something: both RGIII and Vick are black and very fast.

So what if they play different styles in the QB position, had dissimilar college careers, have totally different family backgrounds, and don't share the same attitudes, moral character, work ethic, etc., whatsoever.

So what?

Black and fast. The similarities cannot be ignored!

Wait...

I'm black. I'm fast. I'm... I'm a quarterback?! :lol:
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby andyjens89 » Mon May 07, 2012 3:42 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:Wait...

What the heck, man? Why didn't you try out for the team? We've been looking for a guy like you!
XVII XXII XXVI

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon May 07, 2012 3:53 pm

Cousins is White and slow.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:40 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
Irn-Bru wrote:But PulpExposure, I think you are missing something: both RGIII and Vick are black and very fast.

So what if they play different styles in the QB position, had dissimilar college careers, have totally different family backgrounds, and don't share the same attitudes, moral character, work ethic, etc., whatsoever.

So what?

Wait...

No, no. That would make you an "athlete" who plays quarterback and is overatted and sometimes coddled by, the media.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:35 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:Cousins is White and slow.

Let's hope that that is the only comparison that he has to Grossman. :)

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon May 07, 2012 6:46 pm

DarthMonk wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:So is beg Ben the only qb who isn't tiny?

Since this guy retired?

Yeah, I guess.

DarthMonk

Matt Stafford is the tiniest - he gets hurt 2 out of 3 seasons and he isn't even a runner.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon May 07, 2012 7:53 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

So what?

Wait...

All blacks are fast. Everyone knows that, duh. :roll:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon May 07, 2012 8:23 pm

Chris Luva Luva wrote:

So what?

Wait...

I'm black.

Say it LOUD!
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:27 pm

It’s hard to tell a whole lot about players from a rookie minicamp in which no one is wearing pads. But I’m going to quickly move on and say this: Robert Griffin III is impressive in person. It’s not just the arm, which is fantastic. Those saying it’s the best arm in camp since Jeff George aren’t exaggerating. But the thing that jumps out with Griffin, too, is the footwork. He’s just smoother than the other quarterbacks in camp. He worked hard on keeping a good base to throw from; he reached his destination point on his drops just a little bit quicker than the others. And he reset his feet well on throws. Of course, there’s no rush, but there is some urgency because he was throwing against coverages.

Griffin’s footwork is just different than the other quarterbacks who were here (Kirk Cousins and Jonathan Crompton). Cousins’ feet are a little rougher. That’s not to say his footwork was bad – and his game is not built around mobility – but that it suffered in comparison. The funny thing is, when Griffin was facing eight defenders (in a seven-on-eight drill), he never tucked and ran. Cousins did so on his first dropback and did it later as well. I’d hate to go after Griffin in any drill focusing on footwork. Maybe the best one came when Griffin dropped back and followed Kyle Shanahan’s direction, stepping up then stepping back and then he reversed field and threw to his left. Smooth.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sports/re ... sis/581011

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:38 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
It’s hard to tell a whole lot about players from a rookie minicamp in which no one is wearing pads. But I’m going to quickly move on and say this: Robert Griffin III is impressive in person. It’s not just the arm, which is fantastic. Those saying it’s the best arm in camp since Jeff George aren’t exaggerating. But the thing that jumps out with Griffin, too, is the footwork. He’s just smoother than the other quarterbacks in camp. He worked hard on keeping a good base to throw from; he reached his destination point on his drops just a little bit quicker than the others. And he reset his feet well on throws. Of course, there’s no rush, but there is some urgency because he was throwing against coverages.

Griffin’s footwork is just different than the other quarterbacks who were here (Kirk Cousins and Jonathan Crompton). Cousins’ feet are a little rougher. That’s not to say his footwork was bad – and his game is not built around mobility – but that it suffered in comparison. The funny thing is, when Griffin was facing eight defenders (in a seven-on-eight drill), he never tucked and ran. Cousins did so on his first dropback and did it later as well. I’d hate to go after Griffin in any drill focusing on footwork. Maybe the best one came when Griffin dropped back and followed Kyle Shanahan’s direction, stepping up then stepping back and then he reversed field and threw to his left. Smooth.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sports/re ... sis/581011

This is encouraging
Cousins’ arm was pretty solid, too. He doesn’t have Griffin’s zip, but few do and there’s no doubt Cousins can make all the throws. But he will be the classic system-type QB. It’s helpful that he understands the situation he’s in, but he’ll prepare the same regardless. If he prepares well and plays well in the preseason, and possibly in games where RG3 can’t go, then Cousins eventually will get his shot as a starter somewhere. And he knows that.

because we may have a higher draft pick than number 4 in the future.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&Wha? » Mon May 07, 2012 8:52 pm

andyjens89 wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:Wait...

What the heck, man? Why didn't you try out for the team? We've been looking for a guy like you!

No doubt. Even fifth round pick money is pretty good. Go for it! :lol:

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue May 08, 2012 4:13 am

Deadskins wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

So what?

Wait...

All blacks are fast. Everyone knows that, duh. :roll:

Rubbish swimmers though.

Although, strictly speaking, that's not a skill generally required to be a QB in the NFL.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue May 08, 2012 4:14 am

ATX_Skins wrote:Cousins is White and slow.

RACIST!
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Tue May 08, 2012 8:02 am

I think RGIII improves most by allowing the playbook to become 2nd nature to him.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Tue May 08, 2012 9:04 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:I think RGIII improves most by allowing the playbook to become 2nd nature to him.

And then becoming expert at reading coverages and allignments designed to stop his team's offense and him. I'm looking for that expertise to start showing itself in year 2, really, because that has got to take some time.
I know he got a pretty good zip on the ball. He has a quick release. . . once I seen a coupla' throws, I was just like 'Yeah, he's that dude.'"

-Santana Moss on Our QB

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football