Will Griffin start the opener?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Will RGIII start the opener?

Start him. He should be getting real game experience.
90%
Sit him. He should study under a vet before being thrown to the wolves.
10%

Total votes : 58

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue May 01, 2012 12:45 pm

+2

Any person that thinks this was a bad move is either a retard, ill-informed, not in touch with today's NFL, a moron, a hater, or a troll.

Or WORSE, someone in the media that is just trying to creat a fire storm around the Skins and then BLAME it on the Skins!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat May 05, 2012 12:32 pm

3. Another interesting quote by Shanahan came in regards to adapting to different quarterbacks, as he’s done throughout his career. When he reunited with John Elway, he talked about using more shotgun because that’s what Elway liked. Clearly a few teams are using more and more shotgun, and Robert Griffin III is comfortable in that alignment, having used that at least 80 percent of the time in college.

Shanny said if RGIII is ready he will start Day 1 and Shanny will make adaptations to help him be ready.

http://community.washingtonexaminer.com ... -thoughts/

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat May 05, 2012 12:39 pm

Bill Polian, ex-Colts GM, on a conference call last week: “If you put RGIII in Matt Schaub’s place [as a QB in this system] and leave everything else the same, what you will see is a guy who can get on the corner in a bootleg and scare the living daylights, because of his speed, out of the contain man. If that’s a defensive lineman trying to contain him, that’s a mismatch. We can go into the other stuff, and I have questions. He is not Cam Newton as a runner. He’s a world-class track man and as such is a bit of a long strider and a narrow-base guy as opposed to Cam who is an instinctive, natural runner who makes you miss and is a shake-and-bake guy in a 6-5, 250-pound body. Robert Griffin is not that. But he has enough shake to beat most defensive linemen, and once he sticks that foot in the ground and goes, it’s gone baby gone. You’ll have a hard time catching him. That’s unique. He presents a threat that is absolutely unique. Also, if he pulls up to throw the ball — I would direct you to the Oklahoma film — all he has to do is stand up and flick his wrist and the ball will go across the field 55 yards in the wink of an eye on a rope and it’s accurate. He presents a threat that we really haven’t seen before. If I have to play against him it causes you sleepless nights.

Looking forward to hearing the first reports from rookie camp about his throws.

http://community.washingtonexaminer.com ... -thoughts/

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat May 05, 2012 6:06 pm

There is no doubt that with everything at stake here for both the short term and MORE IMPORTANTLY, the long term, Mike will do whatever it takes with both RG3 and ESPECIALLY Kyle to ensure that the player and the offensive game planning are ready to go in game 1

I also would be very surprised if RG3 did not show that he's going to be even more special than everybody expects

this kid is going to be good .... and then he's going to become a great NFL QB
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:17 am

I think it is a no brainer that, barring the total unforseen, The RGIII era will begin in New Orleans. The coaches will work with him to ensure that he has the best chance for success.....but i do not think there is anyway he will sit while Rex starts the season.

And actually, i rreally expect nothing less. We have a smart coaching staff. RGIII is a smart, motivated, and gifted player. We already know exactly what Rex brings to the table. To see Rex trot onto the field that first game as the starter , to me, would be admitting that either the staff is trying to cram to much into RGIII....or RGIII is having problems adapting to the play at the NFL level.

Just don't think that will happen....
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun May 06, 2012 8:42 am

went out to solve your qb dilemma once and for all by using THREE first round draft picks and one HiGH second round pick

^ +1

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sun May 06, 2012 8:45 am

Duh.

RGIII (who cost us 3 1sts and a 2nd) starts the opener.

Cousins, (who cost us a 4th) backs him up.

Rex helps both in film and playbook learning.

With tough schedule we are fortunate to go better than 6-10.

With win on opening day over troubled Saints squad anything can happen - even a winning record and more.

I went to a yard sale with a clipboard. I traded it for a dozen football cards. I went to another yard sale and traded them for a jersey. I went to another yard sale and traded that for a bike.

It cost me one clipboard. My son is riding the bike. When in use, the clipboard is holding paper for the guy holding it.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue May 08, 2012 5:42 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
The Hogster wrote:You don't trade up to #2 for a guy to sit.

sorry, WRONG! - we did not trade up to get him for this season

we traded up to get our QB for the next 10 plus years

Mike will start him as soon as he shows he's ready to go

I like this kid and would not be surprised to see him on opening day

BUT - we did not get him for opening day

Orakpo says you'd have to be dumb to assume that RG3 wouldn't start the opener. The rest of his comments sound familiar as well.

People have to be dumb if they didn’t feel like he was going to be the starter at week 1. I mean, there’s a reason why we moved up, lost two first rounders and a second rounder for the guy: to be our starter. Coach Shanahan (put) the nail in the coffin. He’s our starter from day one. That’s what we’re gonna roll with, that’s what the whole team expected and that’s what we’re ready for and I’m very excited about that.”

:lol:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/orakpo-youd-have-to-be-dumb-not-to-assume-rgiii-was-starting/2012/05/08/gIQAf5v8AU_blog.html
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 08, 2012 9:31 pm

to the hogster - THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR REMINDING MYSELF AND OTHERS :D

SkinsJock wrote:... I like this kid and would not be surprised to see him on opening day

we WILL see RGIII starting opening day as long as Mike thinks he is ready to go

considering everything else there is little doubt that will be the case

HOWEVER - WE DRAFTED RGIII - NOT JUST FOR OPENING DAY BUT BECAUSE HE WILL BE A GREAT QB HERE FOR MANY YEARS

some here just have difficulty interpreting posts and you have to kind of fill in the blanks

I love lawyers - truly, I do - they make our site better, don't you think? ... :roll:

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 08, 2012 9:37 pm

I have a friend that says "opinions are like rear ends - everyone's got one"

I love using quotes to make a point .... :lol:

are we having fun or what

I mean, does it really add to the thread or are you just going with your own agenda - as you usually do here? :roll:

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue May 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Don't get angry when your own comments are brought up and look misguided in hindsight. The question asks when we think RG3 will start. Answering that with "whenever Mike thinks he's ready" is a useless response that misses the point of the question. Stating the obvious.

The question was when we as fans think he'll start over RG3Ints etc. Focus on making well thought out posts, then you won't have to resort to a lawyer joke when your retorts are shown to be silly--even by a current Redskin like Orakpo.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue May 08, 2012 10:04 pm

The Hogster wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:
The Hogster wrote:You don't trade up to #2 for a guy to sit.

sorry, WRONG! - we did not trade up to get him for this season

we traded up to get our QB for the next 10 plus years

Mike will start him as soon as he shows he's ready to go

I like this kid and would not be surprised to see him on opening day

Orakpo says you'd have to be dumb to assume that RG3 wouldn't start the opener. The rest of his comments sound familiar as well.

People have to be dumb if they didn’t feel like he was going to be the starter at week 1. I mean, there’s a reason why we moved up, lost two first rounders and a second rounder for the guy: to be our starter. Coach Shanahan (put) the nail in the coffin. He’s our starter from day one. That’s what we’re gonna roll with, that’s what the whole team expected and that’s what we’re ready for and I’m very excited about that.”

:lol:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/orakpo-youd-have-to-be-dumb-not-to-assume-rgiii-was-starting/2012/05/08/gIQAf5v8AU_blog.html

so what's the point here - how does all the highliting and other BS add to this thread

is this just your agenda here?

is this just an effort to try show someone up?

is that really constructive?

what am I missing here?

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Fri May 18, 2012 4:28 pm

I am a lil late to the party. Anyways I think Griffin should start right away. I am assuming of course that he will be ready. I also think Shanny should simplify the playbook. Last years rookies benefited from the lockout last year. I think the same approach that was taken for Cam Newton and Andy Dalton should be fine for Griff.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 18, 2012 9:32 pm

no worries - we've all decided that RGIII is good to go .... no matter what :lol:

welcome back :roll:

Hog

Postby skinpride1 » Fri May 18, 2012 9:48 pm

HEROHAMO wrote:I am a lil late to the party. Anyways I think Griffin should start right away. I am assuming of course that he will be ready. I also think Shanny should simplify the playbook. Last years rookies benefited from the lockout last year. I think the same approach that was taken for Cam Newton and Andy Dalton should be fine for Griff.
mike already said he was going to do that and try and put Rg3 in a situation. To win. To build around his skill sets.
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football