Hey Trent Williams....where's the bong?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed May 09, 2012 10:59 am

Maybe some one bought him a wizinater for his birthday... Why anyone fails a drug test is beyond me lol
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

09 Champ

Postby TeeterSalad » Wed May 09, 2012 11:10 am

I think the media is blowing this way out of proportion...It's not that hard to stop smoking the cheeba if your lively hood depends on it. I have to believe that the Silverback knows this...he made a mistake...he is ready to move on. Why is Freddy D's name lost in all of this? He's in the exact same situation.

In my opinion the second strike on both these guys was BS and there should have been a window after the lockout ended for them to "clean up". They were in a substance abuse program up until the lockout and were doing just fine, then the lockout suddenly ends and their tested before it is reinstated? Irresponsible? Sure. Punishable? Shouldn't be IMO.

Heres a link to an article on that...
-2009 Hognostications Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl V Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl VI Champion-

RIP ST # 21

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 09, 2012 11:22 am

TeeterSalad wrote:In my opinion the second strike on both these guys was BS and there should have been a window after the lockout ended for them to "clean up". They were in a substance abuse program up until the lockout and were doing just fine, then the lockout suddenly ends and their tested before it is reinstated? Irresponsible? Sure. Punishable? Shouldn't be IMO.

Heres a link to an article on that...

And let's not act like the NFL listens to things like rules and laws when it comes to handing down punishments. According to the new CBA, previous trangressions are not punishable, yet the Saints players are suspended... LOL

And let's not act like the NFL doesn't approve contracts and retro-actively penalize teams for not participating in illegal activities....

Nobody is excusing these guys from self-accountability, but we're more-so saying get over it....
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 09, 2012 11:32 am

riggofan wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:Who's treating him like a heroin addict? Regardless of anybody's views on the merits or pitfalls of smoking weed, the issue that would worry most Redskins fans is: is Trent Williams capable of dedicating himself to the lifestyle required to be the best player he can be? And is he likely to exercise good judgment in making the right decisions in future?

We had a lengthy forum discussion months ago about this with some people comparing Williams to a crackhead and calling him an addict. I don't personally care to revisit it. I have my own views on marijuana use and others are welcome to theirs.

I don't disagree with your question about his judgement though. Deciding to smoke weed when you KNOW you could be tested, when you've already failed one test, and smoking could potentially cost you millions of dollars is pretty much the epitome of poor judgement.

I think what Williams was arguing about was whether or not he needs to change his "lifestyle". The man is a high first round pick, playing one of the toughest positions at the highest level of professional football. Maybe he feels like he is personally ok with that and has been pretty successful with his "lifestyle".

:shock: :lol:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby skinsfan#33 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:39 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:Frankly, him saying he didn't have to change a life style that lead to three (or four) failed drug test in a year is just plain stupid.

That's your interpreation of it. I took it as it isn't an addiction and that he won't have anymore issues.

If he said that he needed to make drastic changes, you'd all be speculating that he's a coke addict and needs to be on the show Intervention.

I dont need Trent to be my role model.

No one said anything about him needing to make drastic changes or about him being a coke addict (he popped for grass not coke).

Look if a coworker of yours got stopped for a dwi and then got caught two or three more times you would think he had a drinking problem. If he told you he didn't need to make any life style changes, he just wouldn't drink and drive any more you wouldn't believe him for a second.

Athletes are role models even though they shouldn't be, but I couldn't care less about that! All I care about is him lining up on Sundays and keeping RG3 up right.

If he doesn't change his life style he will get popped again and he will be gone for a year. He doesn't even think he has a problem...

What a dope!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 09, 2012 11:50 am

Davis and Williams can REALLY help this offense if they try hard enough

Davis and Williams don't have to get 'caught' by the NFL

Davis and Williams don't need to change their lifestyles or give up anything ...

Davis and Williams ONLY need to prepare and play at the level they are capable of

anything less will show where their priorities lie

anything less will mean they are not getting much playing time here

this ain't the 'same old Redskins' ... not by a longshot

gotta love it :D
Griffin will become a really good QB but it's going to take time

We are lucky to have Cousins - hopefully he can continue to play well

HAIL

Week 3 - 27-21

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed May 09, 2012 11:51 am

skinsfan#33 wrote:No one said anything about him needing to make drastic changes or about him being a coke addict (he popped for grass not coke).

I know what he got in trouble for. Nobody is saying that he was popped for coke but I'm saying people act like he was.

skinsfan#33 wrote:Look if a coworker of yours got stopped for a dwi and then got caught two or three more times you would think he had a drinking problem. If he told you he didn't need to make any life style changes, he just wouldn't drink and drive any more you wouldn't believe him for a second.

DWI is a different beast. That's not a good comparision at all, he's not endangering anyone but himself.

In addition, as reported in a post above, there's the possiblity that this occurred during the lockout.

skinsfan#33 wrote:Athletes are role models even though they shouldn't be

That's not his problem.

skinsfan#33 wrote:All I care about is him lining up on Sundays and keeping RG3 up right.

Same here.

skinsfan#33 wrote:If he doesn't change his life style he will get popped again and he will be gone for a year.

You're not getting the point that MAYBE according to him, it won't take a big lifestyle change to make that adjustment. There is the possiblity that he can provide the desired result on the field and off the field with some heroic effort... If you don't believe that fine. But the possibility is there, even if you choose not to believe it.

skinsfan#33 wrote:He doesn't even think he has a problem...

Maybe he doesn't. I've seen people smoke it once a year, no issue at all. I dunno, I don't claim to know. I don't really care. If he's on the field, great. If he flunks out, that's his life, this team will carry-on. The line gelled without him last year, it'll do so again if needed.

I'm just not hung up on it like others are.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed May 09, 2012 11:58 am

Chris Luva Luva wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:No one said anything about him needing to make drastic changes or about him being a coke addict (he popped for grass not coke).

I know what he got in trouble for. Nobody is saying that he was popped for coke but I'm saying people act like he was.

YEP. Exactly.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed May 09, 2012 12:09 pm

not like i smoke ganjer or anything like dat 8-[
but i do recall a certain buddy of mine *cough cough* went to orlando with his wife for an entire week and couldn't smoke at all. he came back, joined a skins fans messg. board and started to curse alot. all because he couldn't smoke his lil bitty ganjer that hurt no one but himself.

:wink:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed May 09, 2012 12:19 pm

Poor Joe, came into this thread to get the scoop on where Trent hid his equipment, and got a lecture instead. #-o
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed May 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Deadskins wrote:Poor Joe, came into this thread to get the scoop on where Trent hid his equipment, and got a lecture instead. #-o

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby the poster » Wed May 09, 2012 8:08 pm

riggofan wrote:
Quit treating the man like he's a heroin addict.

what are you talking about. people aren't treating him like a heroin addict. they are treating like a person who let his teammates, his coaches, and probably a lot of other people down by doing something that could get him suspended. that suspension hurts more people than just himself.

you have to think outside your small box and realize this isn't about drugs. if the NFL suspended players for smoking cigarettes......it's not the cigarettes that people would be upset about. it's the action the guy took , knowing it was against lague rules, that only can hurt his football team if he gets caught.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:56 pm

riggofan wrote:
Chris Luva Luva wrote:

YEP. Exactly.

Yet people are coming around. I wont be holier then thou either.

Hog

Postby rskin72 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:41 pm

Reading that article on Williams lifestyle choices....I agree that maybe much is being made over potentially nothing. Yes, he did not exercise sound judgement for smoking during the ban without thinking that maybe someday the ban would end and he would be first in the pee test line based on his prior history.

I also get the fact, and am more upset with, the position that his carelessness put his team in....without their "franchise" starting left tackle, a position of significance with right handed throwers. Hopefully he has finally learned that this particular lifestyle choice could cost him his lucrative career......hope he has reviewed Ricky Williams history.

Just can't get that worked up over this. I was more torqued that Merriweather was popped for DUI than Williams for smoking grass...though each act demonstrated certain levels of poor judgement......Merriweather potentially placed others lives in jeopardy whereas Williams poor judgement only impacted his teammates, and potentially his career. Bad, but not the same as manslaughter.

Williams knows the score, and he is an adult. If he has another lapse in judgement then he will pay severe consequences, and will probably not be a Redskin any longer. Hopefully the second time is the charm, and no more positive tests are in the future.
A winning effort begins with preparation.
Failures are expected by losers, ignored by winners.

Quotes by Joe Gibbs

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:00 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I'm all for him showing that he's going to be himself and to prepare and be as good a LT as he can

No matter what he does - if he does not make much of an effort to do ONLY that ... his departure WILL happen whether he smokes weed or not

there is no room on this team and especially on the offensive line for any player that thinks he can get by on talent alone

I want him to be great but I would love to see him get cut if he does not make a huge effort to be really good

players that think they've got it made, don't belong here - there have been a few here recently that are NOT here any more

there will be some players that are going to realize - I could have been there :lol:

So far, the guy hasn't shown much. I said he was a bad pick because of his attitude and and lack of work ethic, which was known to everyone, and now am more convinced than ever that he'll be a bust, one way or the other. The hell with him. Shanny ought to put him on the block.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football