Jets Punt On HBO Limelight

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun May 13, 2012 2:09 am

"The circus will not be televised.

The Jets passed on a chance to appear on HBO's reality show "Hard Knocks" a few weeks ago, according to a league source.

Speculation had been rampant since the team traded for quarterback Tim Tebow in March it might make a second appearance in three years on the show that offers a behind-the-scenes look at training camp. The Jets camp in Cortland, N.Y., figures to be a circus with all of the attention on Tebow. The Jets did not want HBO's cameras adding to that mix.

According to the source, the Jets opted against appearing because this is offensive coordinator Tony Sparano's first year with the team. The team is not ruling out future appearances on the show."
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun May 13, 2012 9:36 am

All that for a backup QB who kind of sucks. Looking at what they did in free agency and the draft, and the weaknesses that remain, I think they are in for a rough year.

But I hope we get another guarantee from Rex Ryan. :lol:
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Around the League