Why not Do it Again....WRs.. Who stays - Who goes?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:06 pm

Yeah, I am not to worried about Banks. He is what he is. Hankerson is still up in the air. I saw promise right before he got injured. Question mark.

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Tue May 08, 2012 10:57 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
1niksder wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
Shanahan said receiver Santana Moss is 15 pounds lighter than last season, a positive development for both Moss and the Redskins. If he regains some of his speed because of the weight loss, then the Redskins are again set at the slot position. Moss would give Griffin a veteran target whom he can trust on his routes. If Moss had not reported in such good shape it would have been easy to see him getting cut in June. Having said that, Shanahan when asked about who his starting wideouts would be said mentioned Pierre Garcon, Josh Morgan and Leonard Hankerson first. “You know these three guys … are playmakers and that’s what we’re looking for,” Shanahan said. He then added about Moss, “He’s come in as good a shape as he’s come in the last few years according to him.”

8. And when it comes to the slot, Shanahan said Morgan, Moss and Hankerson all can play in there. Aldrick Robinson also can play inside. “Exceptional quickness,” Shanahan said of Robinson, who participated in the camp this weekend.

I have always been a fan of Robinson. He will definitely push Tana for that slot position. Glad to hear that Tana has lost weight. I as thinking that he was a June cut coming up.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sports/re ... sis/581011

When Shanny talked about the WR he mentioned Banks more than any other receiver Hankerson was a close second :shock:

That doesn't surprise me! Shanny showed at the end of last year what he wants to do with Banks - option passes, end arounds - who knows what he has dreamed up next. As long as Banks holds on to the ball, he holds on to a spot on this team.

RGIII can catch and is faster than anyone that would be stuck in coverage with him :D
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed May 09, 2012 11:05 am

Regarding what Shanahan does with RGIII...

Expect to be surprized. (oxymoron of the day) :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:47 pm

1niksder wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
1niksder wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
Shanahan said receiver Santana Moss is 15 pounds lighter than last season, a positive development for both Moss and the Redskins. If he regains some of his speed because of the weight loss, then the Redskins are again set at the slot position. Moss would give Griffin a veteran target whom he can trust on his routes. If Moss had not reported in such good shape it would have been easy to see him getting cut in June. Having said that, Shanahan when asked about who his starting wideouts would be said mentioned Pierre Garcon, Josh Morgan and Leonard Hankerson first. “You know these three guys … are playmakers and that’s what we’re looking for,” Shanahan said. He then added about Moss, “He’s come in as good a shape as he’s come in the last few years according to him.”

at 44:00 of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXMxwoi7 ... re=related

8. And when it comes to the slot, Shanahan said Morgan, Moss and Hankerson all can play in there. Aldrick Robinson also can play inside. “Exceptional quickness,” Shanahan said of Robinson, who participated in the camp this weekend.

I have always been a fan of Robinson. He will definitely push Tana for that slot position. Glad to hear that Tana has lost weight. I as thinking that he was a June cut coming up.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sports/re ... sis/581011

When Shanny talked about the WR he mentioned Banks more than any other receiver Hankerson was a close second :shock:

That doesn't surprise me! Shanny showed at the end of last year what he wants to do with Banks - option passes, end arounds - who knows what he has dreamed up next. As long as Banks holds on to the ball, he holds on to a spot on this team.

RGIII can catch and is faster than anyone that would be stuck in coverage with him :D

Was that last play of RGIII's pro day, a preview of what you are talking about?

at 44:00 of the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXMxwoi7 ... re=related

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Wed May 09, 2012 8:07 pm

I just hope they do not design plays (gadget) that have him running down field. If he has to run, I hope it is because the play broke down and no one is open and, he happens to get yards doing so.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat May 12, 2012 4:36 pm

Jon Keim, Washington Examiner:

Robinson could be one of the more intriguing players to watch this summer if only because the speedy receiver never looked all that fast last summer. Will a year in the offense and a legitimate offseason make a difference? He’d better hope so. And, for now, he says it has made one.

“It’s a big difference,” Robinson said. “I came out here last year and I didn’t know the plays and I didn’t know where to line up. I couldn’t let my talent show. Now that I know the offense I can compete now. I can show my speed. I can run routes faster. I can be a better-paced guy.”

Robinson admitted he didn’t play as fast as he wanted to last summer. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds at the combine in 2011, but too often he failed to get past defensive backs on routes in practice.

“I wasn’t able to show my speed," he said. "That’s my main attribute. That’s the one thing that puts me above others, now that I know the offense and I’m comfortable with it I can show my speed, get in and out of breaks and catch the ball.”

The Redskins kept him around because of that speed – that speed is why they didn’t want him to sign with Jacksonville off the practice squad and instead promoted him. They also worked with him on catching punts, something he struggled to do last training camp.

I believe that Robinson is the receiver to watch during the OTA's, mini camp and training camp. Since he was almost signed by Jacksonville from the PS, it appears that PS is not an option.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/sports/re ... eed/587076

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat May 12, 2012 5:01 pm

^ Darth, this is a continuation of last year's WR thread - the one that you correctly predicted that Stallworth would stick (what a call). WR is not in the title, but, "Why not do it again..." was supposed to clue us in. :)

BTW - Who are your 6 or 7 so far?

1nik, you might want to add WR into the thread title. :)

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat May 12, 2012 7:13 pm

Red_One43 wrote:^ Darth, this is a continuation of last year's WR thread - the one that you correctly predicted that Stallworth would stick (what a call). WR is not in the title, but, "Why not do it again..." was supposed to clue us in. :)

Gotcha. I'll repost the roster question elsewhere - maybe in Depth Chart.

7 WR:

I say Banks, Austin, Kirkland, and Robinson fight for 2 spots behind Garcon, Hank, Morgan, Moss, and Armstrong. I lean toward Banks and Robinson.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun May 13, 2012 12:03 am

DarthMonk wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:^ Darth, this is a continuation of last year's WR thread - the one that you correctly predicted that Stallworth would stick (what a call). WR is not in the title, but, "Why not do it again..." was supposed to clue us in. :)

Gotcha. I'll repost the roster question elsewhere - maybe in Depth Chart.

7 WR:

I say Banks, Austin, Kirkland, and Robinson fight for 2 spots behind Garcon, Hank, Morgan, Moss, and Armstrong. I lean toward Banks and Robinson.

DarthMonk

How about this?
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun May 13, 2012 2:36 am

Pierre Garçon
Joshua Morgan
Leonard Hankerson
Santana Moss
Lance Lewis
Brandon Banks
Aldrick Robinson.

7 receivers.

Armstrong will have to have to become RGIIIs favorite deep threat during the off season to be able to beat out Lewis.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sat May 19, 2012 12:38 pm

Banks realizes that his future depends on being able to contribute at receiver, as he tells Larry Michael on Redskins Nation.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandle ... ng-wr.html

I expect to see Banks used more at WR this year. We saw him lining up more at the position at the end of last year. I believe he stays.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Thu May 24, 2012 9:37 pm

At 2:18 of this video, Rich Tandler talks about Banks. I think he is spot on about Banks' chances on making the team. Banks is seeing more reps at wideout than last year because he knee is better. While Tandler won't say that Banks is a lock to be on this team, he says says until someone shows that they can do better in the return game than Banks (particularly his explosiveness), he sees Banks on the team.

http://www.realredskins.com/rich-tandle ... ition.html

#######

Postby The Hogster » Fri May 25, 2012 4:00 am

I agree with Tandler. People need to stop being biased against Banks because he got stabbed and he's small. He's going to prove yet again that he's one of the best returners in the game.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri May 25, 2012 1:58 pm

The Hogster wrote:I agree with Tandler. People need to stop being biased against Banks because he got stabbed and he's small. He's going to prove yet again that he's one of the best returners in the game.

LOL. I don't if I'm biased towards him because he's small and has been stabbed! :) But yeah I am a little surprised that so many are guessing he will make the team this year. I thought he was kind of a non-factor last year.

Postby skinsfan#33 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:34 pm

riggofan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I agree with Tandler. People need to stop being biased against Banks because he got stabbed and he's small. He's going to prove yet again that he's one of the best returners in the game.

LOL. I don't if I'm biased towards him because he's small and has been stabbed! :) But yeah I am a little surprised that so many are guessing he will make the team this year. I thought he was kind of a non-factor last year.

I wouldn't day he was a non factor. He has several long returns and had punters pointing short out of bounds a long. I thought the blocking units were terrible.

Plus he has a reverse fora td that got called back on a bs holding call.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football