Hey Trent Williams....where's the bong?

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri May 11, 2012 3:14 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:It IS time to move on: time for Williams and Davis to move on, and prove that they exercise sensible judgment.

As for the rest of us? Well, I'm out of work at the moment, so if you don't mind, I'll happily keep discussing it ad nauseum. Lol.

Is that YOU, appearing so spendiferous in your riding regalia?
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Are those the shoes of sunny southern France?
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri May 11, 2012 8:23 pm

Deadskins wrote:Are those the shoes of sunny southern France?

so .. was it one of your better vacation spots?? :twisted:
When you're dead you don't know you're dead, it's only difficult for others.
It's kind of the same as when you're stupid!

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Fri May 11, 2012 9:12 pm

SkinsJock wrote:
Deadskins wrote:Are those the shoes of sunny southern France?

so .. was it one of your better vacation spots?? :twisted:

Shoes, shores, it's all the same to a Frenchman. :P

Hail to the Redskins!

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon May 21, 2012 2:11 pm

Ok, see this is how you answer the suspension/drug question, Trent. Learn from Fred.

Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis said Monday that he has learned from the four-game suspension he served at the end of last season for failing multiple drug tests, and that his priorities are now in order.

Davis was re-instated at the end of the 2011 season, but hadn’t spoken publicly about his suspension or the choices he made until Monday when the Redskins kicked off their organized team activities (OTAs).

“It already happened now, and you can’t cry over spilled milk. The worst part of my day was losing those four games, and having to sit and not help my teammates,” Davis said. “So, the worst is over, something I can learn from, and something that’s not going to come up again.”

Davis said the lack of an offseason program last season – a result of the NFL lockout – had something to do with his drug use.

“The lockout made me a little bit more free, all that free time,” Davis said. “But still, I’ve learned. I know football’s what’s important now.”

Davis was having a career year with 59 catches for 796 yards and three touchdowns when the league handed down the four-game ban as punishment for failing multiple tests for marijuana use.

Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said after the suspension was lifted, that he had met with Davis and saw a change in the four-year veteran. Davis said he hopes younger players can learn from his mistakes.

“Young guys, coming in, not knowing a lot, just need to learn not to play with the system and do things the right way,” Davis said. “Or, you can get the repercussions, money gets taken away from you, your name gets bad publicity, just stuff you don’t want. And if you’re not winning and you can’t help your team, it’s not a great situation. You just have to abide by the rules. You can lose games over that. I just don’t want to be in that position again.”

Davis would have been a free agent this season, but the Redskins used the franchise tag on him in March to prevent him from going elsewhere. Davis signed the franchise tender and will make just more than $5 million this season.

He aims to pick up where he left off on the field, and continue to grow as a player.

“I’ve just got to focus every day on the little stuff, more technical stuff, run routes better. That’s what I’m going to do,” Davis said.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon May 21, 2012 2:34 pm

PulpExposure wrote:Ok, see this is how you answer the suspension/drug question, Trent. Learn from Fred.

Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis said Monday that he has learned from the four-game suspension he served at the end of last season for failing multiple drug tests, and that his priorities are now in order.

Davis was re-instated at the end of the 2011 season, but hadn’t spoken publicly about his suspension or the choices he made until Monday when the Redskins kicked off their organized team activities (OTAs).

“It already happened now, and you can’t cry over spilled milk. The worst part of my day was losing those four games, and having to sit and not help my teammates,” Davis said. “So, the worst is over, something I can learn from, and something that’s not going to come up again.”

Davis said the lack of an offseason program last season – a result of the NFL lockout – had something to do with his drug use.

“The lockout made me a little bit more free, all that free time,” Davis said. “But still, I’ve learned. I know football’s what’s important now.”

Davis was having a career year with 59 catches for 796 yards and three touchdowns when the league handed down the four-game ban as punishment for failing multiple tests for marijuana use.

Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan said after the suspension was lifted, that he had met with Davis and saw a change in the four-year veteran. Davis said he hopes younger players can learn from his mistakes.

“Young guys, coming in, not knowing a lot, just need to learn not to play with the system and do things the right way,” Davis said. “Or, you can get the repercussions, money gets taken away from you, your name gets bad publicity, just stuff you don’t want. And if you’re not winning and you can’t help your team, it’s not a great situation. You just have to abide by the rules. You can lose games over that. I just don’t want to be in that position again.”

Davis would have been a free agent this season, but the Redskins used the franchise tag on him in March to prevent him from going elsewhere. Davis signed the franchise tender and will make just more than $5 million this season.

He aims to pick up where he left off on the field, and continue to grow as a player.

“I’ve just got to focus every day on the little stuff, more technical stuff, run routes better. That’s what I’m going to do,” Davis said.

thanks for posting that Pulp - great read

I hope that Davis backs all that up - he's a great weapon and could have a great career with RGIII here

then

I hope that when the Redkins see the evidence on and off the field, they lock this guy up with a great deal

hopefully Trent is fully onboard with this program as well

memo to Dan Snyder: Let the football people just do their jobs - you need to manage your own mess

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue May 22, 2012 12:00 am

I wanted Okung when we drafted Williams so I dont know. Williams is a solid player when he has his head on straight. Just question his commitment to the team if he is going to risk smoking a doobie.

I wonder if you have a subscription is it still against NFL rules to use marijuana? Still I prefer the players on my team to be drug free at least during the season.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Tue May 22, 2012 12:21 am

HEROHAMO wrote:I wanted Okung when we drafted Williams so I dont know. Williams is a solid player when he has his head on straight. Just question his commitment to the team if he is going to risk smoking a doobie.

I wonder if you have a subscription is it still against NFL rules to use marijuana? Still I prefer the players on my team to be drug free at least during the season.

Yeah...anyone and their MAMA can get a "prescription" these days....hahaha
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Tue May 22, 2012 4:36 am

HEROHAMO wrote:I wanted Okung when we drafted Williams so I dont know. Williams is a solid player when he has his head on straight. Just question his commitment to the team if he is going to risk smoking a dooby.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue May 22, 2012 6:05 am

HEROHAMO wrote:I wonder if you have a subscription is it still against NFL rules to use marijuana?

A subscription to "High Times?" Probably still against the rules. :lol:

Hail to the Redskins!

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue May 22, 2012 5:38 pm

He was on Redskins Nation with Larry Michael. He comes off like a dude who doesn't get it. I'm hoping his play on the field takes that next step this year.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed May 23, 2012 8:41 pm

The Hogster wrote:He was on Redskins Nation with Larry Michael. He comes off like a dude who doesn't get it. I'm hoping his play on the field takes that next step this year.

if Trent Williams does not show that'he's totally dedicated to being the best he can be, he will not get a chance to "take that next step"

this O line really needs this guy and he better be ready to show that he's learned his lesson or he will not be getting time on the field

there is no room on the roster for this player if he's not going to make a huge effort

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu May 24, 2012 12:35 am

Deadskins wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:I wonder if you have a subscription is it still against NFL rules to use marijuana?

A subscription to "High Times?" Probably still against the rules. :lol:

LOL! I meant perscription. Anyhow I think a good whoopin is in order. Now that I think of it. We need an enforcer on this team. Someone to keep these players in line.

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football