Winslow...looking like a bust

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
tribe
Posts: 6114
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Winslow...looking like a bust

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon May 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Bucs are thinking of releasing him. He hasn't lived up to expectations. Proves that bloodlines are not always a sure thing in the NFL.

Bucs expected to release Winslow, sign Clark

According to the Tampa Bay Times, the Bucs are expected to release Kellen Winslow and sign free agent Dallas Clark "probably sooner than later."
Per beat writer Stephen Holder, "odds are good" the Bucs will find no takers for Winslow's contract, and he'll be cut rather than traded. The Bears are tentatively expected to have interest in Winslow, who could play a Tony Scheffler-like role in Mike Tice and Jeremy Bates' offense. Clark would likely be a 12-20 snap-per-game player in Tampa, seeing the field strictly on passing downs.


http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/0/football-headlines
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

FanFromAnnapolis
Posts: 11015
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:01 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby Irn-Bru » Mon May 21, 2012 4:23 pm

I recall a well-known THN poster calling our drafting Sean Taylor (and passing on Kellen Winslow) "the biggest draft blunder in NFL history."
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

08 Champ
Posts: 13123
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:23 pm
Location: on the bandwagon

Postby SkinsJock » Mon May 21, 2012 4:40 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:I recall a well-known THN poster calling our drafting Sean Taylor (and passing on Kellen Winslow) "the biggest draft blunder in NFL history."


:shock: - say what :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.”

**LPJ**
Posts: 6343
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon May 21, 2012 7:26 pm

injury did him in but he was real athletic for a few years
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

tribe
Posts: 6114
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:02 pm
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon May 21, 2012 10:48 pm

Off to Seattle he goes....

Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer

Bucs are sending Kellen Winslow to Seattle for conditional late round draft pick. Sides still ironing out language
Expand

Reply
Retweet
Favorite

Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Tue May 22, 2012 6:29 am

Irn-Bru wrote:I recall a well-known THN poster calling our drafting Sean Taylor (and passing on Kellen Winslow) "the biggest draft blunder in NFL history."

I remember that debate very well!
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

cleg
Posts: 2638
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Giants Territory

Postby cleg » Tue May 22, 2012 10:44 am

Under the loving and supportive guidance that would have been provided to him by Vinny I am sure he would have been an all pro for the Redskins.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

#33
Posts: 4084
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2004 8:44 am

Re: Winslow...looking like a bust

Postby skinsfan#33 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:14 am

tribeofjudah wrote:Bucs are thinking of releasing him. He hasn't lived up to expectations. Proves that bloodlines are not always a sure thing in the NFL.

Bucs expected to release Winslow, sign Clark

According to the Tampa Bay Times, the Bucs are expected to release Kellen Winslow and sign free agent Dallas Clark "probably sooner than later."
Per beat writer Stephen Holder, "odds are good" the Bucs will find no takers for Winslow's contract, and he'll be cut rather than traded. The Bears are tentatively expected to have interest in Winslow, who could play a Tony Scheffler-like role in Mike Tice and Jeremy Bates' offense. Clark would likely be a 12-20 snap-per-game player in Tampa, seeing the field strictly on passing downs.


http://rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/0/football-headlines
.

I heard he was either traded or signed off of waivers by the CHawks.

Either way, the Yucs got worse at TE by getting rid of KW2 and bringing in Dalass Clark.

Of you look at the numbers KW2 has put up over the past few seasons there are only a half a dozen- if that - that hand ben better than him.
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

the 'mudge
Posts: 14367
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Tue May 22, 2012 1:39 pm

This is more about attitude than ability... the new regime there don't brook none-o-dat... so, he's gone.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

swine
User avatar
Posts: 63
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:20 am

Postby JiveTurkee » Wed May 23, 2012 8:01 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:injury did him in but he was real athletic for a few years


Being drafted by the Stains didn't help matters.

DarthMonk
Posts: 4271
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Wed May 23, 2012 8:48 pm

JiveTurkee wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:injury did him in but he was real athletic for a few years


Being drafted by the Stains didn't help matters.


This is true ...

What do Steeler fans call the Bengals and Ravens?

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Return to Around the League