Redskins radio commentaries

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Redskins radio commentaries

Postby masmith » Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:41 am

Anybody know where we can get Sonny,Sam and Frank game commentaries over the internet next year, or who we can "pressure" to allow the commentaries. Listening to other teams commentaries is not the same and the opportunities to watch the Redskins on TV in England are limited.
masmith

Site Admin

Sonny, Sam and Frank

Postby BossHog » Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:24 am

As far as I know, this year will be no different than previous seasons... still no internet broadcasts.

For whatever reason, Infinity Broadcasting does not permit transmission of any of the games.

There are also rumors that Frank Herzog is out this year due to his commitment to Channel 9 as the #1 sports guy. His rumored replacement is WJFK pregame/postgame host Larry Michael.

I believe the website for Infinity is here:

http://www.infinityradio.com/

Sorry... not much help I know :oops:

BossHog

-------

Re: Sonny, Sam and Frank

Postby RedskinsFreak » Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:45 pm

BossHog wrote:There are also rumors that Frank Herzog is out this year due to his commitment to Channel 9 as the #1 sports guy. His rumored replacement is WJFK pregame/postgame host Larry Michael.

The same place where I saw the Larry-for-Frank rumor put it to rest the next day. Looks like S, S & F are intact for another season.

But you're right about Infinity. They don't allow live streaming of ANYTHING on their stations, not just Redskins games.
***** Hail To The Redskins!!! *****

BA + MS = A New Beginning

Site Admin

Sonny, Sam & Frank

Postby BossHog » Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:24 pm

They don't allow live streaming of ANYTHING on their stations, not just Redskins games.

Anyone have any idea why I WAS able to listen to Sam, Sonny and Frank a few times last year? I believe it was only two times and I can't for the life of me remember where I got the broadcasts from.

I also seem to remember that I kept it pretty quiet when I did find it so as to not set off any warning bells.

I try to post a link to an internet broadcast every week in our Game Day section... but some weeks it's like pulling teeth trying to find one. Anyone have a good reference for such a thing?

BossHog

Hog

Postby newshog » Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:29 pm

There used to be some radio station out of Charlottesville (I think) that would put the S, S, & F broadcasts on their internet feed, but I think they were shut down part way through last season. Could that be it, Boss?

In any case, I may write to Infinity to find out exactly what bug is up their behind. :twisted:

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:59 pm

It might have been out of Charlotteville, I'm not sure.

You can only look at Google results so many times before they all run together. I'm sure I just kept finding a link with blind luck. [-o<

BossHog

-------

Re: Sonny, Sam & Frank

Postby RedskinsFreak » Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:36 pm

BossHog wrote:
They don't allow live streaming of ANYTHING on their stations, not just Redskins games.

Anyone have any idea why I WAS able to listen to Sam, Sonny and Frank a few times last year? I believe it was only two times and I can't for the life of me remember where I got the broadcasts from.

I also seem to remember that I kept it pretty quiet when I did find it so as to not set off any warning bells.

That's it. There was WINA (I think) that isn't an Infinity station, just an affiliate on the Redskins network. They were webcasting their entire lineup and didn't both to cut the switch when Redskins came on.

Obviously, TPTB were alerted to this and acted quite quickly.

Hog

Postby skinsfanno9 » Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:14 am

I got another radio related problem. I'm in the DC area and usually like listening to SSF while having the game on, but recently got Direct TV. Direct TV seems to have about a 3 second delay in broadcasting, so the plays are aready running on the radio before they show on TV.

As it is now, I'm forced to listen to the 4th rate broadcasting team that usually broadcasts redskins games. Anyone else have this problem? I doubt there is a solution but am just hoping... :roll:

-------

Postby RedskinsFreak » Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:52 pm

skinsfanno9 wrote:I got another radio related problem. I'm in the DC area and usually like listening to SSF while having the game on, but recently got Direct TV. Direct TV seems to have about a 3 second delay in broadcasting, so the plays are aready running on the radio before they show on TV.

As it is now, I'm forced to listen to the 4th rate broadcasting team that usually broadcasts redskins games. Anyone else have this problem? I doubt there is a solution but am just hoping... :roll:

That's the double satellite delay. There's one satellite delivery that sends the signal from the game to the station. That's equal on the radio side, so it's equal.

But then, DirecTV takes that signal from the station, sends it back up to its own satellite then back down to your mini-dish. There's the delay.

Hog

Postby newshog » Mon Jul 07, 2003 7:06 pm

Hmmm, anybody know if you can run a radio/audio signal through a TiVo? Then you could just give yourself a 3-second delay. . . .

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football