U.S. Open

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?

Who has the best shot at winning the Open?

Tiger Woods
57%
Phil Mickelson
No votes
Bubba Watson
No votes
The Field
43%

Total votes : 7
ATX

U.S. Open

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:36 am

Is anyone else excited like I am to watch Tiger, Bubba and Phil all playing together? Bubba won the Masters, Tiger looks strong and Phil is always Phil (any given tourny).

I am pulling for Bubba because like him I have never had a lesson. I have always liked Tiger though too.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:54 am

Never liked Woods much. Seen him be horribly unsportsamanlike in person way too many times. The two clinchers for me werr:

1) him purposely damaging a green at the Open right around a hole. The act was worthy of instant DQ at any level. They played it on Sports Center once and I've never been able to find it since. :hmm:

2) the Thanksgiving debacle. I know it has "nothing to do with golf" but I'm sure no one here would cheer for him if his wife had been your sister. It's just a matter of where you draw the line.

Jumped and roared when Y. E. Yang stuffed that 3-metal to 4 feet a coupla years ago. Nice to see someone rise not wilt in Tiger's face. You see what Rickie Fowler did to himself last week paired with Tiger?

As for the Open:

Odds To Win 2012 U.S. Open (6/14/12)
Golfer Odds
Tiger Woods 6/1
Rory McIlroy 10/1
Lee Westwood 12/1
Luke Donald 12/1
Field (Any Other Golfers) 12/1

Just as in the Masters, the field looks like a good bet to me.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:14 am

you went with the safe bet!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:29 am

Try these guys:

Dustin Johnson 25/1

Jim Furyk 30/1

Adam Scott 30/1

Louis Oosthuizen 50/1

Aaron Baddeley 100/1
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:45 am

Adam Scott is a sleeper

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:20 am

McIlroy all the way baby!!!!!

\:D/

Would love to see Harrington do it though, but he's very patchy just now...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:25 am

I'd root for Rory... If only.he was from.the REAL motherland! Northern Ireland should be cut off and shipped to the queen to rid the land of its filth!

I kid I kid don't pee southlondon...

Seriously tho TW is almost back to form. People blame his home.life w the.misses pills whores etc etc etc. Everyone forgets he last won the open w a torn ACL and.mcl in his left knee. He imo HAD the best swing ever to grace the sport *see 2002 etc.
Thing is a child hood injury to his left knee was being attacked by his swing year in year out. Finally after claiming another.major limping around, he had surgery. Well ill tell you being scratch when I tore my right ACL.mcl that its no joke coming back. On top of that he had to change his swing ; from the best there ever was- to what? Something that his body can do for the rest.of his career. Name another golfer in the elite category who has done similar? Nope. Even Jim loopteelooo hasn't changed. Phil plays lefty even tho he is a righty... Change isn't easy, but two weeks ago and on Easter TW has shown that its something he can do. Because he is THAT good. Tied for 2nd all time PGA wins w Jack, but ten years younger then he did it, and behind only four majors.
Will he win? I hope so... He might not. But he will win majors again there is no doubt.
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:32 am

I like bubba too what's not.to.like? But daaaang he bit it hard today.

Fowler is a force to recon with too... What a smart kid pimping.the.illest puma gear ever bringing them to.golf. but as was said, he got.Tigered two weeks ago.... BADLY
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:17 am

cowboykillerzRED wrote:I'd root for Rory... If only.he was from.the REAL motherland! Northern Ireland should be cut off and shipped to the queen to rid the land of its filth!

Remember, only half the population of Northern Ireland are settlers from the invading force, the other half are pure Irish.

Rory is one of our boys. McDowell isn't, although he's happy enough being called Irish in the U.S as that gets him more goodwill.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:39 am

Ha ha I know... But they can't be true Irish supporting the queen that killed their kinsman and land their great great greats settled..
My grand father is from Ireland he was a stubborn old man. The Scottish and northern Ireland are Irish- never the other way around tho them is fighting words! Course they aren't "real" Irish either. Or some crap.
Golf. I like it even tho it came from the scared Irish that settled in Scotland- lmao

I'm rooting.for TW or Fowler, hope the course starts biting them all tho. One or two scores at par or under is fun to see in the pros

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:17 pm

Tiger in the lead at -2

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:37 pm

DM's pick of Furyk at 30-1 looks good so far...

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:47 pm

Furyk is NOT a closer tho. No way he wins this event, probably ever. Has he won ANY major? Maybe he got one on Tigers vacation.

BOM Tiger style! My dawg is hungry and I just don't see anyone that can match his talent, under pressure, for a major.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Dang I ginxed t dub! Lol he's got the only two par fives coming up tho, let the big dog eat!
What movie is that last line from Atx? U got this?

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:02 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:Dang I ginxed t dub! Lol he's got the only two par fives coming up tho, let the big dog eat!
What movie is that last line from Atx? U got this?

I have absolutely no clue what movie.

Did anyone just see that 17 y/o golfers mom!? MILF!

Return to The Lounge