Aug 4 morning practice

Archive of our daily coverage of the Washington Redskins' 2003-2007 Training Camps.
piglet

Aug 4 morning practice

Postby redskinfan » Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:51 pm

Today as you all know is the Danny boys first practice again (haha)and actually it wasnt that bad. He was a little rusty but what do you expect being his first practice and all.

Patrick looked real solid again today with a few TD passes.

Coles made another great catch but whats new right?

Gardener had a catch and showed something he hasn't showed alot this camp and that was his speed. He's no Cliff Russell but he's fast.

The defense continues to impress and Bernard Jackson looked pretty good filling that tackle spot today. Jeremiah Trotter made a hell of a play to shed a blocker and tackle one of the backs in the backfield.

Other than that just a lot of position drills. Hopefully, I'll be able to watch this afternoon practice and let you guys in on it.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:35 pm

Thanks for keeping up the coverage bud, I really appreciate it.

How did the other QB's look to be taking their possible 'demotion'... did Hamdan or Johnson look unhappy?
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby newshog » Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:46 pm

and Bernard Jackson looked pretty good filling that tackle spot

I keep hearing positive rumbles about this guy. Does anybody have any knowledge of him from watching him play?

piglet

Postby redskinfan » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:12 pm

rob johnson today played way better than any other practice i have seen so i guess the competition has helped him.on all the dc local coverage hes been saying he understands that the team has to pick up a veteran like danny w.hes very upbeat and seems cool with it.i havent heard or seen anything about how gibran hamden feels but i would imagine he knows his fate,the practice squad.

oh yea i heard the qb coach :?: (noah brindsie?) :?: say that the team by no means has given up on rob j.he and spurrier reiterated that p-ram is their number one guy. spurrier made sure to stress that.danny keeps on praising ramsey on how well hes picking up on everything.its exactly what p-ram needs since the ol ball coach doesn't give to many compliments to any one really.

Postby Skinster » Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:34 am

Danny was a great move... in reason he is unselfish and will help all the Qb's with the system not only Ramsey but Johnson as well.

Danny is like a Brett Farve (If you will) in is knowledge in the system Spurrier runs!

Danny has a calming sence to his approach and Spurrier is the exact oposite major intence.. Qb's need to have both approaches to become better.... the snadwich technique

Example..... Spurrier, "Daggguuummmit Pattrick they were in a cover TWO we had it..Ya gotta FEEL IT!!!"
Ramsey, I know, I know.... Dammit!(Ramsey walks away)
Danny, "Pat what coach say??
Ramsey, "Ahh they were in cover two and I over threw Coles wide open.."
Danny, "Hey thats ok at least you saw the play open up THATS AWESOME!!!" (Build his ego)
Danny, Hey look at these photos of that play, your drop was a bit deep and that threw off your timing thats all" (Something small to work on)
Danny,"I see you out there reading the defence realy well today... you got it man go out there and dooo it"....(Build him up again before he goes out)!

Thats Danny in a nut shell to me the Dialog is way out but I hope you all get the point...

Skinster!!!

Return to Redskins Training Camp - 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007