Manny Pacquiao GOT ROBBED....!!!

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Manny Pacquiao GOT ROBBED....!!!

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:13 pm

No, not in his home but on the Las Vegas Strip. That fight was clearly won by Manny. Too bad the judges can't get their heads OUT OF THEIR BUMS.

When Pacquiao was being interviewed after his controversial majority decision in his third fight with Juan Manuel Marquez, fights fans drowned out the interview with a chorus of boos.

This time around it was several decibels higher, went on much longer and demonstrated as Bradley was being interviewed.

It was never a case of Filipinos or Filipino-Americans booing. It was the crowd that came to watch a fair fight and were angered by a decision that reduced Las Vegas' reputation as the boxing capital of the world to rubble and left the fairness of American boxing judges in serious doubt.

ph.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fortherecord/no-crime-manila-high-crime-las-vegas-131914437.html
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:23 pm

I didn't see the fight but everyone I talked to so far that has is saying the same thing.

Boxing will forever have a question mark lingering around its legitimacy.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:17 pm

THEFT
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby SouthLondonRedskin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:21 pm

I gave Bradley the 1st and the last 2 rounds, but that's it. Manny had the fight by about 5 points on avg.

If boxing was run like the NFL, well what a spectacle that would be! As it is, too many weights, too many belts and decisions like this. Sad.

Losing so much of their audience to other fight formats now...
Here It Comes Again: Worst to First Baby!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:11 pm

SouthLondonRedskin wrote:As it is, too many weights, too many belts and decisions like this. Sad.

Losing so much of their audience to other fight formats now...

+1
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:10 am

It's a dead sport, with out Manny vs Floyd they have nothing, for the very same reason we.will.never see that bout. It's not like back I the day where every fight u wanted to see happen was bound to happen. Dead.

UFC is the heir and for good reason... No hugging all out MMA brawling, blockbuster fights every month if.not more and such a faster pace. I liked the Tyson days but love that I've followed the UFC since number one and watched it evolve into the world dominating fight sport it is. Boxing? Scoff.. who's next??
UFC who's.next? What belt! Every division gives the fans the fights we want. Carlos the natural born killer Condit vs Georges rush st.Pierre is one fight this year that will probably gross more on ppv then all boxing fights combined for 2012.
Rant over. But seriously who cares about a boring 12 round fight? Neither boxer BEAT their opponent. Or did I miss something? Wish I missed it all it was boring and whack imo.

Let's go Clos! 505!

Ok I might be partial to.MMA having Jackson's gym here in town one of the most renowned MMA gym in all the lands!
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

cappster

Postby Cappster » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:44 am

If Manny wanted to ensure his victory, he should've knocked the other guy out. It's a pretty simple concept in order to keep the decision out of the hands of corrupt human beings.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:16 am

+1
Before my MMA rant that's exactly what I was going to post.. but got sidetracked. If you don't.like how judges judge then don't.leave it.in their hands manng
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:47 pm

Wait a tic. Let me see if I've got this right: you're saying there's <gasp!> CORRUPTION in pro boxing? That maybe a judge here and there is, shall we say, persuaded to show predisposed bias toward one fighter or another?

Hmmm...

I didn't see the fight, but I doubt the Pac-Man got as jobbed as his fans say he did. Forget the Compubox numbers, which are themselves skewed. Throw out the pr men/ringside announcers who tried to portray anything less than a unanimous decision for Pacquiao as the greatest travesty in the history of sports.

He may have a beef, but it's not like he dominated Bradley. Far from it, from what I've read and seen. My 2 cents
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:29 am

BigRedskinDaddy wrote:I didn't see the fight

Well there ya go...

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:01 am

BigRedskinDaddy wrote:I didn't see the fight, but ... it's not like he dominated Bradley. Far from it, from what I've read and seen. My 2 cents

Here's your change. My 2 cents

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:38 pm

Ouch. Taken to task by ATX and Deadskins. I guess I'll just go stand in the corner - the one 'trey couldn't see me in - and think about what I've done...

I'm sorry about the whole thing fellas. Truly. :D
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:50 pm

BigRedskinDaddy wrote:Ouch. Taken to task by ATX and Deadskins. I guess I'll just go stand in the corner - the one 'trey couldn't see me in - and think about what I've done...

I'm sorry about the whole thing fellas. Truly. :D

We went easy on ya. Good thing it wasn't smack :)

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:34 am

BigRedskinDaddy wrote:Ouch. Taken to task by ATX and Deadskins.

You're still ahead on those judges' scorecards. :P

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:40 am

Okay gents (I'm lookin at you, ATX and Deaders):

I'll bite. I'm not a big fan of the 'sweet science,' not since the heyday of the epic middleweight wars between Leonard, Hearns, Hagler, Duran, Arguello etc etc. Personally I think the sport is almost as contrived as WWE wrestling, but that's probably because it seems so much easier to fix a fight than say shave a few points off a college hoops game. Far fewer variables involved.

Anyway, where I'm going here is this: you guys apparently saw the fight and think Manny got screwed. Was it that one-sided, or did Bradley actually give him a run for his money? I read a couple of reports on the bout whose reporters concluded that the judges saw it accurately, and Manny's rock-star persona was about the only thing that had people questioning the outcome.

So take a few minutes and break it down for me. Drop a little knowledge on your pugilistically illiterate brother, so when the Pac-man wins the rematch, thereby setting up a THIRD even bigger money-making fight, I don't run screaming in here with "Desert Storm got dissed! Ahhh! How could this happen?"

-Cuz that would make me look kinda silly. Er.
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

Return to The Lounge